Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Store "OPENS" NEW SEALED NES GAMES!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Game Store "OPENS" NEW SEALED NES GAMES!

You heard right. Just last week, someone brought in around 25 factory sealed NES games to a local game store, who can not accept "new" merchandise off the street for sale unless it is from a reputable distributor. They would not accept the games, and they had the guy OPEN all the sealed NES games which consisted of Ninja Gaiden, Zelda, Castlevania, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Nobunaga's Ambition II, Castlevania II, and others...I picked up Nobunaga II and had pick on these others, but they were just complete NES games at this point. I figured you guys would appreciate a horror story like that. Ugh.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

That sounds pretty bad, but with resealers like Vidiots running around, you have to protect yourself.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Don't tell me any more, i've heard too much already - I thought this topic would be of a store that had sealed NES games for sale!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Don't tell me any more, i've heard too much already - I thought this topic would be of a store that had sealed NES games for sale!
    Same here. I was thinking it was a newly opened store that had brand new unopened NES games. Man, what a horror! I just never understand why people do this kind of crap. If they run a freaking game store shouldn't they know it's more valuable SEALED!
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Even if that is the store policy... why didn't the clerk just offer the seller a lowball price, slightly higher then store trade in and resell the games independantly of the store? I mean shit. I certainly would have.

OR take the games in anway, then buy them immediately after. Whichever fits your ethically view point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What is the obsession with sealed games? I mean, you Americans CHUCKED out VCS game boxes and instructions, and only kept the cart!!!!! Now that is a horror story.
    Ditto for NES actually, many 'cart only', as witnessed on eBay.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Game Store "OPENS" NEW SEALED NES GAMES!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    You heard right. Just last week, someone brought in around 25 factory sealed NES games to a local game store, who can not accept "new" merchandise off the street for sale unless it is from a reputable distributor. They would not accept the games, and they had the guy OPEN all the sealed NES games which consisted of Ninja Gaiden, Zelda, Castlevania, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Nobunaga's Ambition II, Castlevania II, and others...I picked up Nobunaga II and had pick on these others, but they were just complete NES games at this point. I figured you guys would appreciate a horror story like that. Ugh.
    I assume you imediately burned the place to the ground, correct?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

meh, if its not mine, not worth the stress I guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really, settle down. Not everyone goes nutty over sealed games.

Sealed doesn't equal more valuable to everyone. It doesn't mean anything to me. If I found some sealed NES games (or games for any system, for that matter) at a store, I would buy them, take them home, open them, and play them.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ummm, why did you trade them in in the first place? I'm sure you would've gotten more on dp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stuff like that makes me cringe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackcsa
    ummm, why did you trade them in in the first place? I'm sure you would've gotten more on dp
    It wasn't *him* trading them in. From what I gather, DreamTR had an in at the store who told him the story (as evidenced by his pick of the games). Anyway, just clarifying. And yes, whoever traded them would have made a nice amount on DP or the 'Bay.

And yeah, that sucks that they were opened if only because there's only so many out there still sealed. That said, I don't really care either way. I don't have the money to pay sealed prices, nor do I cream myself over them. Heck, most of my collection is loose, save for PS1 and current-gen stuff. So, meh.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Slate

Ditto,...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would've done the same thing at that store. I would be more worried about a customer coming back with SMB/DH inside the box because it was a reseal, OR coming back with SMB/DH because the customer is a shithead who is only claiming that was what was in there than worried about possibly losing value. I doubt a store like that has many of the kind of customers who would actually care enough to pay more for a sealed NES game.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

you know... i just dont care... id get them anyway, how much he want for them? i want Ninja Gaiden, Zelda, Castlevania, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Castlevania II etc

i like my games fresh. mint. and playable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah same thing happens here at some stores one store wouldn't even allow you to open the games in their store it has to be done outside then u can come back inside and sell them weird !!!! DUMB ! but i know some people are afraid of resealed games that is why i dont go crazy after sealed games on internet !!!!!!!!!! unless its a trusted seller or a friend of mine then i will buy it but in the wild if its cheap i take chances !!!! ...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i routinely open sealed games, honestly what good is a sealed game to anybody. for real? games are to be played, not looked at.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ismokeblunts
    i routinely open sealed games, honestly what good is a sealed game to anybody. for real? games are to be played, not looked at.
    You wouldnt say that in some years when the game is worth 10 - 20 times more.

Really sux when ppl open old sealed games, when its usualy so easy to get another used copy. But they do what they want of course. Too bad many dont know what they are really worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaWHT
    I would've done the same thing at that store. I would be more worried about a customer coming back with SMB/DH inside the box because it was a reseal, OR coming back with SMB/DH because the customer is a shithead who is only claiming that was what was in there than worried about possibly losing value. I doubt a store like that has many of the kind of customers who would actually care enough to pay more for a sealed NES game.
    This was something that I expected someone to counter with. That's what the only problem is, what the hell is really inside the box. There are people out there doing dirty crap like this and it's the security risk of any collecting industry and resale stores. Personally, I would buy it used, complete, and near mint the same as if it were sealed brand new. I don't mind the used part if it's flawless like most of the stuff I buy. I own games for the PC and other systems that are near perfect, might have a spec of dust or 2 on it but hell.

I say you have no choice than to open & sell it as used complete when it comes to the game stores.
    As for conventions and for real collectors, they need to keep it sealed and have the buyer physically inspect it to be sure it's authentic and not some Duckhunt/Mario game inside hiding.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Games are for playing, not keeping in the shrinkwrap, so fine with me.