I'm looking to sell original PlayStations (SCPH-1001) that have had the audio postprocessing removed as per this thread here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...10&pagenumber=1

Basicly there are a set of low quality capacitors that serve as an opamp on the RCA jacks of the original model playstation. I've removed the caps and bypassed them, leaving a "cleaner" sound. Overall it's a pretty good cheap CD player.

As an option, i will also paint the system whatever color you like for an additional fee. I use high grade automotive paint. I paint the entire console including the bottom, the buttons, the underside of the CD lid, and the controller/memory ports. I'll be posting pictures of the paintjob within a few days (i spilled soda on my camera, so now i need to borrow one from a friend).

NOTE: These consoles are not modded to play backups, they will not play burned discs. I will not install a modchip upon request, please do not ask me to.

The audio modded console is $30. It comes as a standalone unit without any cables or controllers.

Painting the console is an extra $20. (The price barely covers the paint, it takes 3/4 of a can of primer and an entire can of paint, plus an entire bottle of touch up paint for the controller ports.)

If there is a desire, i could also add a built in remote control at the sacrifice of the second controller port. Lmk if you want the remote and i'll get a price.

Shipping will be at cost, and i offer a 7 day return policy against DOA's. I can't accept returns due to audio quality because it's such a subjective issue. Just check the thread i linked to above to see all of the people who agree with the improvement the mod creates.

-----------------------------------------------
Someone asked me about the painting process:

As for the paint, i'll paint it any color my local auto store carries (which is a good 100+ colors).

I sand the whole thing down with 400 grit sand paper, put down 5 coats of automotive primer using 2000 grit paper between each coat. Then i put down 7 coats of automotive paint, then top it off with 3-7 coats of automotive clear coat laquor (i'd leave the laquor off if you want more of a semi-gloss look). The whole painting process takes 2 days, plus another 3 to cure.