For what it's worth…

I can understand if he was trying to sell the games "on the downlow" as he perceived he might damage his credibility, whatever it actually was. It can be painful having to walk away from a passion that you love under non-optimal circumstances so leaving with a degree of anonymity can help soften the blow.

So many people come into this hobby, like any other, rack up thousands and thousands in debt to try to try and “play with the big boys”. After the realization of what they’ve done sets in, they end up dumping their collection when they realize they can’t sustain it.

I don’t know if this is NintendoNut’s scenario or not, but regardless, it can be embarrassing to a degree to make some name for yourself as a collector, then be forced to turn your back on it for whatever reason. Most people who dump their collections on boards like these subsequently leave and never come back. But some may want to stick around as gamers or enthusiasts and still participate in discussions. And as such, they might feel that they’re somehow less worthy to be around, or at least fear they’ll be perceived as such.

I don’t know if I’m expressing this correctly, it’s still kind of muddled in my mind, but I just want to say there IS a logic behind his actions if we give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he doesn’t mean to rip anyone off.

I actually considered these things when I put up my Myriad and RacerMate but the reasons for me listing it weren’t necessarily financial, but more of a self-sacrifice given the circumstances surrounding their sale.

Ultimately though, in my opinion, I doubt he would have attempted to rip anyone off. After all, simply posting your items under a different user account doesn't make a scam in and of itself. He would still need set up a system to allow him to receive payment without revealing himself completely. Not to mention, over items like that, you can be assured mail fraud would come into play if there was a non-completed transaction.

I’m the first to sound the horns when I detect bullshit around here. I love these forums. I really do. You guys, by and large, are a great bunch and it pains me when we get gamefaqs kiddies around here, spammers, scammers, and idiots in general. But I think that we may have gone too far in this case without knowing all the facts. While I do realize you can only go so far when you take someone at their word, this may have been a literal witchhunt to hold an example up for the people who really do want to rip people off.

And for what it's worth, NintendoNut was one of the highest offers on my Myriad, but we couldn't agree on a price I could accept. Shortly after that transaction fell apart he began to sell parts of his collection. Related? Dunno. But it might be relevant to this conversation.