Quote Originally Posted by rob black View Post
what would you guys do.... Bought something from a user for $275, long story short its going to be 3 weeks and I haven't received nothing, multiple PM's, eBay messages, Emails sent to user and I only got one reply in 3 weeks

"Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I've been gone all week. (spring break) I screwed up with the mailing of your package and thats why you haven't gotten it yet. I had scheduled for ups to pick up your package while I was gone which I had left in my garage, but before I left I had closed the garage door without thinking so they werent able to pick it up. I didn't realize I had screwed up until yesterday when I got home."

I'm a pretty patient person but 3 weeks and 1 PM is pretty ridiculous.
If you payed via PayPal, get your money back (via a claim) and leave negative feedback. Sounds like some College Kid that needs a lesson learned about responsibility. If he sends the package before you get a chance to cancel it, there's always the option of refusing delivery or writing on the box return to sender and dropping it back off to courier.

3 weeks is far too long for domestic fails.