Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your recent ebay winnings!!

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Veteran eBayer, New Classic Gamer

All in all I think I did pretty well for my first spot of work. I decided to go into Coleco because I had Odyssey2 as a kid and it was okay. But what I always liked was my buddiy's Colecovision and how close to the arcade his games were. So, realizing a boyhood dream at 31 I guess!!

First I picked up the system with DK, Space Fury, Carnival, Venture, Lady Bug, Cosmic Avenger and Looping for $50 because the seller was reasonable on shipping and those games sounded like a good base to start from.

Then I sniped Gorf for a mere $1.78.

Made a couple of mild "buy it now" pickups of some more common carts and then set my sites on Zaxxon which I sniped with no bids at $1.99.

Not yet satisfied, I saw someone shortly after Zaxxon closed that had Star Trek with a reasonable "buy it now" at somewhere around $25 I think. Now, with the new "buy it now" you don't have to have a reserve and this auction didn't have one. So, I thought it was pretty fair but I was thinking more like $20 tops for just the cart. So, I made the minimum bid to make sure it wasn't swiped from under me and then came back and rupped my bid with another snipe to ensure the win at $4.99.

I still wasn't done though because I saw a lot with two Q*berts and a Popeye that someone had only put the minumum bid on at $3.00. These are both great games and I figured I wouldn't have much trouble unloading the extra Q*bert so I went in on it and sniped her for $3.25 (just over $1 a cart).

Today I picked up a couple more reasonable "buy it nows" for the steering wheel ($7.99) and Frenzy for a mere $5. I couldn't believe he had a $5 "buy it now" for Frenzy but I jumped for it, that cart should have gone for more and it's not one I have seen too many places.

I finished off the night with the coup de grace, another situation with a "buy it now" with no reserve for Pitfall with no bids. I want to say that "buy it now" was over $20, I can't remember. So, I bid the minimum to make sure it wasn't swiped from under me and sniped again with no one bidding against me. I took it for a mere $2. I felt no remorse after that one because I wouldn't have paid more than $12 for that cart with him charging $5 for shipping and handling on just one cart.

So, my first week of Coleco collecting was pretty fun and I haven't even gotten the stuff yet. I made some more trades on GTZ and picked up some good stuff and have my collection off to a pretty good start. Now I just have to wait for all the stuff to roll in!!

--Guy

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Factor in shipping on some of those loose cart pickups:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...&all=0&rows=25

And I'd have to say there are some questionable totals ... maybe inexpensive by your standards, but over a bit if you were to hang in there for more than a week looking for some of those ColecoVision titles.

Don't mean any offense ... just sayin' is all.

$5.49 for a loose Zaxxon cart is a bit much, for example.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No offense taken, that's why I posted so I could learn

I hear you on shipping, you really have to watch them or you can get clobbered. I'm finding that trading on GTZ is much better since everyone seems to be fair about values and you pay your only shipping unless you're doing a cash deal in which case it's usually $2 media mail.

--Guy

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Understood. For the bottommost twenty or so Coleco carts, in my opinion, if you're paying over $2 a loose cart, you're paying too much in all likelihood.

I think I've got 40 Zaxxons sitting right across from me, and I can tell you for certain that $5+ is way too much for that game. You can get it NOS/sealed/complete for $10 with shipping included from the right seller and it is the second-most common game for the platform after Donkey Kong.

On Frenzy, it really should go for more than what you paid, but for some reason it doesn't seem too popular as a game. Maybe people aren't fully aware that it's basically Berzerk II?

Then again, I've seen Pitfall II (just the cart) go for over $50 on eBay and Donkey Kong (the pack-in) for $15 ... so you're nowhere near the high end as far as past eBay transactions are concerned. Relatively speaking.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You seem to know your way around the Coleco stuff, help me out some.

What's the deal with some of these carts going for like $50 when you can go to eColeco or Telegames and pick them up complete with boxes for like $20? From what I understand they are both selling reproductions but is there any way to tell that they are?

Me personally I'm in it to PLAY the games and not get my undies in a bundle over collecting. I just want to find Spy Hunter and Tutankahm without paying an arm and a leg for em and if I'm getting complete games from eColeco for $20 I don't see why I wouldn't jump for it.

I'm really drooling to get my hands on a Pac-Man or Dig Dug, those are mainstays from my youth. The whole reason I got a Colecovision now and not when I was a kid (besdies thrifty parents!) is that I wanted games that were most like the arcade and Colecovision consistently seems to be the closest.

--Guy

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, both eColeco and TeleGames I think cost a bit more than $20 a game, after you figure in the shipping charges (isn't eColeco $20 + 5% handling + $3.90 shipping *each* cart?). From what I recall, TeleGames also tacks on a healthy S/H charge. If you don't care whether you're playing the vintage originals, that's always an option if it turns out to be cheaper. In my experience, it rarely is, apart from those games that never appear on eBay as originals or do appear and go for way too much. That's a pretty short and esoteric list of games, though. You just have to be patient, as with anything, on eBay.

Tutankham comes up with some frequency, it usually goes for relatively low price as a loose cart on eBay. Spy Hunter loose usually falls in the $20-$30 range if it's in solid condition. You can msg me if you're looking for anything, before this thread heads too far off-topic.

The Pac-Man and Dig Dug carts up on eBay now are (again, imho) way beyond what they're worth. Unfortunately, every time I've seen them up on eBay, they go for about $65-$70 apiece. I'm mildly surprised at where they're sitting now, given how weak the market has been lately on Coleco rares or oddities.

As to why some games go over TeleGames/eColeco pricing: (1) people who don't know (2) collectors who value the difference (3) impatience (4) competitiveness (5) stupidity.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I won postal 2, and raven sheild all in one bid for under 50 bucks .

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=11062&rd=1

GENESIS: WARDNER GAME *COMPLETE* SEGA for 1 penny!!!

SWEET!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

w00t!!!

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Recently won (and got today) the Mega Turrican I won and awaiting my One Piece collectable.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Steal of the century:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=3317&rd=1

And everything works perfectly! Now all I need are some genesis games besides the 6in1 that I have....

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=27239&rd=1

General Chaos and Gunstar Heroes plus some other stuff!

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Game Axe

I just received a brand new Game Axe which I "won" from Ebay with NES Converter. In case anyone doesn't know, it's a color handheld which plays NES and Famicon games. It's tight.

Dave
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I recently won a copy of Castlevania: SotN for $26.50 US (shipping included). The game is the original version (not the Greatest Hits packaging), and is complete in very good shape. It is used but still standing in one piece.

But that's not all: I paid $1 for insurance for SotN. Since it turned out that it was a lot more (the guy had never shipped to Canada before), he was nice enough to send me a complete copy of Legend of Zelda NES with the windowed box in near-perfect condition, the golden cart in excellent condition (no scratches on the gold cart) and the manual and map. So, for a total of $27.50 US, I got both SotN (original) and Zelda (gold version) complete!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I scored a PC-FX for $131 the other day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=4315&rd=1

And locally I got a Panasonic FZ-10 MIB w/18 games for $80 and a Sega Master System Excellent Condition In the Box w/ 13 games for $30. It was a good week for me and gaming.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not really sure if it's a good deal, but it looked ok to me so I grabbed it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:B:EOAB:US:6

I though shipping was only going to be $5, but that's what I get for not reading all the way down. Oh well.

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Rastan for SMS, $9.00 complete. Maybe it's a touch high; I don't care. I loved that game in the arcades and I want it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=49239&rd=1

Should be here tomorrow or the next day, hopefully...

Duncan
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love that picture on the cover, all Mario has to do is drop the shell...

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=3043376398

I received this, and the lot came with another game, Battle Grand Prix!

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tem=3042695205