Thread: 2006 FIFA World Cup Nintendo DS

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2006 FIFA World Cup Nintendo DS

Are there any other soccer fans out there besides me??

I love my Winning Eleven 7 game, but I tend to spend more time on my Nintendo DS than anything. Basically I was wondering if anyone else had tried out the 2006 FIFA World Cup: Road to Germany game for the DS. The earlier 2006 FIFA release was reviewed well by IGN (I know, I know), but still.

If anyone has played this game and has some thoughts on it, I'd love to know. Or if they can recommend one or the other, I'd appreciate it. Personally I can't wait for Winning Eleven to come out on the DS, BUT I NEED MY SOCCER FIX NOW!
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm not really a soccer fan, just a DS collector... so i may or may not be the best person to ask. i don't know all the specifics about soccer mechanics or anything...

but to me, i still have fun playing the good ole original FIFA Soccer 06. FIFA Street 2 is just awful, so definitely don't even consider that one. i was expecting good things from FIFA World Cup 2006... hoping it would be an even more improved version of the first game. but the play control feels choppy to me, it's harder to actually pull off any moves, and it's just not as much fun to play.

again, perhaps i don't know what i'm doing. i can't say for sure. but based purely on enjoyment, FIFA Soccer 06 is the best DS soccer game so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks DocRamon! That was basically what I was wanting to know. I probably will pick up FIFA Soccer 2006 now as its just a $19.99 game (new) at Gamestop. I still haven't heard much anywhere about the World Cup game, so I will heed your advice and just stick with the aforementioned.

If anyone else has had any experiences with World Cup (or even just FIFA Soccer 2006), I'd like to hear about it. Although I'm pretty sure the chances are low O_o
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Standard fifa 06 plays well, and looks great on the handheld, and plus - there's ton's of options to keep the most die hard fans happy.

still, i'd have WC90 over it any day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys are right...FIFA 2006 is a really nice soccer game for the DS! It doesn't look like EA skimped out, and actually have provided a career mode as well as different international leagues. The only thing I'm really disappointed with is the fact that my country Peru (by heritage) is not included. Oh well, the U.S. will do fine!