Thread: Anybody own an Xbox Action Replay?

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Default Anybody own an Xbox Action Replay?

I was just wondering if anyone here owns an Xbox Action Replay. I was thinking of getting either this or the MaxDrive, but not sure which to get. If anyone owns the Action Replay, they say that the memory card already has saves on it, so I could just literally open the box and pop the card into my Xbox controller and transfer it to my hard drive, correct? If so, does anyone know if there are saves for JSRF, HotD 3 and Panzer Dragoon already on the card when you buy it? Any info. would be helpful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got one. There aren't any saves that come pre-loaded on the memory card though. They are all included on the software disc that is included and you just transfer them from there. You can also connect to the AR site directly thru the software and get new saves that aren't on the disc. Real easy to do too.

And I know Panzer Dragoon and HotD 3 saves are available too since I downloaded those with the Action Replay myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The pickin's from the official downloads and cd are a bit weak, but you can browse the not-so-well-sorted user saves that people upload and find a whole fucking mess load of poorly named save files for just about everything that supports saving to a memory card.

As a bonus, you can even download the exploits that you need to softmod your xbox directly from the user saves area. You know, if you're into that kind of thing (it was the only reason I bought the Xbox Action Replay).

Of course, now that I have one, I need to get a DexDrive for my PS1 so I can transfer save files to/from my PC, and I already have a PS2 Action Replay for transfering saves to/from my pc/ps2. It's such a cool/neat/awesome feature

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    I've got one. There aren't any saves that come pre-loaded on the memory card though. They are all included on the software disc that is included and you just transfer them from there. You can also connect to the AR site directly thru the software and get new saves that aren't on the disc. Real easy to do too.

And I know Panzer Dragoon and HotD 3 saves are available too since I downloaded those with the Action Replay myself.
    Ah, thank you for clarifying the saves issue, The way they state it makes it seem some saves were on the card already. Thanks for the info.!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I love Action Replay for the X-Box. I use it for ESPN NFL 2k5 to update my rosters, which enables me to have a Madden free footall experience hopefully for the next couple of years.