Thread: SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS

Unforunately most of this press release is about the Metal Slug Anthology that has already been posted about. There's a sentence or two in there about SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS! I was so excited when I saw that. Hopefully it will be on display at E3.

Press Contact:
    Michael Meyers
    Michael Meyers Public Relations
    925-551-8080
    michael@mmpr.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION to Publish
    For Nintendo's Wii(tm) and Nintendo DS(tm)

First Wii Title to be" METAL SLUG ANTHOLOGY,"

WALL, NJ. - May 2, 2006 - SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, announced today that the company will develop games for Nintendo's new home system,- Wii(tm) (formally code named Revolution) and for the Nintendo DS handheld system.

To gamers worldwide, the METAL SLUG franchise is known as one of the greatest action arcade series of all time. First introduced in 1996, METAL SLUG and its sequels have achieved massive popularity with arcade gamers due to the series' highly detailed animations, impressive backdrops, and consistent sense of humor. This will be a full arcade collection including many additional surprises.

"Fans worldwide have been looking forward to our return to Nintendo platforms and what better way then to bring our complete METAL SLUG arcade collection to Wii(tm). Additionally we enter the Nintendo DS category with our SNK VS CAPCOM CARD FIGHTERS DS game that will match the dual screen format to a great game" said Ben Herman, President of SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION. "The Wii controller will be used in a new and unique way that enhances the gameplay. Our fans have demanded that we support Nintendo platforms. Let the celebration begin".

About Wii
    Nintendo's next system, Wii (formerly code-named Nintendo Revolution) will feature a controller designed to be used with either one hand or two -- a first in the video game industry. When picked up and pointed at the screen, the controller gives a lightning-quick element of interaction, sensing motion, depth, positioning and targeting dictated by movement of the controller itself.

About SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION
    Headquartered in Osaka, Japan, SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION (SNK) develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1978, SNK is one of the largest privately held interactive entertainment content providers in the world. Known for such franchises as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, METAL SLUG, and SAMURAI SHODOWN SNK continues to be an industry leader by focusing on their rich arcade history. More information on SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION can be found at www.snkplaymore.co.jp

SNK PLAYMORE USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION with offices in Wall, NJ. It handles operations in North America including publishing, marketing, development and localization. More information on
    SNK PLAYMORE USA can be found at www.snkplaymoreusa.com

# # #

METAL SLUG is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION.
    �SNK PLAYMORE
    � CAPCOM U.S.A., INC.,
    � CAPCOM CO., LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
    Then Morgoth hurled aloft Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld, and swung it down like a bolt of thunder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to restate, I love Card RPGs. I've played tons of them and this was by far my favorite. By the time I finished, I had put over 100 hours into this thing. If I didn't already have a DS, I would buy one just to play this game.

I am refering, of course, to the NGPC version. Odds are the DS port might even have a vaugely coherent translation.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's funny - I never played the NGP version of this, but I always wanted to. I think I'm more excited for this game than any other DS game now. I love the genre, but not being into Yugioh the selection is pretty much non-existant. It's great to hear SNK hitting the Nintendo systems so hard.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The old SNK card fighters clash games were very good indeed!, and a few years ago i put quite a bit of time into them, by the sounds of it i was not alone

It's a very good job they have not laid it to rest, as it should work very well indeed on the DS!

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I already didn't have a DS, I'd buy one for this game. CFC is one of my favorite games ever, and this is much better than the MS Will news. Best new for me in A LONG TIME.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah man, that is sweet!

Back when the NGPC was around, and all I had was the GameBoy Color. I remember reading about the system and games in a handheld magazine. Card Fighters Clash games were the ones on my most wanted list.

Needless to say I sadly missed out on them, but now I will finally get the chance to see what all the fuss is about!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found CFC at a GameCrazy for $1.99 about six or seven months ago.

It was the best $1.99 I've ever spent!
    Then Morgoth hurled aloft Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld, and swung it down like a bolt of thunder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    St Aspartame

I cant wait for this title, CFC was imo the best game for the ngpc, no doubt.

Just think of all the new charachters as well.

Joe vs Iori? Henshin a go go baby.
    Welcome to Macintosh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pollock
    I found CFC at a GameCrazy for $1.99 about six or seven months ago.

It was the best $1.99 I've ever spent!

I had a NGPC bought at full retail and only 3 games, full price also. I occasionally think it was a waste of money until I think of Card Fighters, for me that easily makes up the price of a full system!

Anyway, I'm a bit concerned with these screenshots that have been released. It isn't looking to good to me at the moment. I'd have to see more and read about whats going into it. So far I'm dissapointed but hopefully it'll turn out as good as the old game