Thread: Issue maybe resolved

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Issue maybe resolved

I won this item from Collectors Cards and Games.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Immediate payment was required with the buy it now. An hour and a half later I get this email:

Wow, I am really sorry. There was not supposed to be a buy it now on this case.
    I was just in the auction now editing it and you bought it as I was fixing it.
    I will have you refunded immediately.

I have bought from him several times in the past. I think it is very poor customer service to send an email like this. I noticed that he has already relisted the item. I sent him an email saying that I didn't want the money refunded but that I wanted the item. You would think that someone who has almost 10000 positive feedbacks and has enough rules on his auctions that it takes a few minutes to read them all would realize that not only is it poor customer service but it is also against eBay rules to try to back out of a sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is that a bad link? I keep getting an eBay page not responding error when I click on it.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Is that a bad link? I keep getting an eBay page not responding error when I click on it.
    Same here.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

ehh yeah that sucks but hey what can you do. Its not like he took your money and ran. My advice is to move on and not worry about it too much.

Adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im going to agree with BuyAtari.

I buy a lot of stuff from him, kinda bad for him to do I agree. However people make mistakes and I've done stuff like that before too, but have caught it before it was to late.

I wouldnt say dont ever buy from him though. As he as a great guy and always ships fast and cheap.

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since the link is not working, I have to ask: what was the item in question and how much did you BIN for?
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw a BIN for $.99 Secret of Mana completed last week, it was obvious it was meant to be a starting price, I wonder if this was the item... Had I pulled the trigger on that one, I would understand if the seller claimed to have made a mistake. I guess it depends on how out of line the price is with market value...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have bought quite a few items from CCNG before but through his website and emails. All arrived perfect and in great condition. He has even sent me pics before.

Do not hesitate to buy from Mike. It looks like he made an honest mistake and we are all human. Leave it at that! :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The guy makes an honest mistake, is sincerely sorry for it and offers to return your money, sounds like good service to me. Give the guy a break, he's human after all.
    Not all who launder are washed.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would depend on the item wether I gave him a break or not. If he listed something with a BIN of $1 that obviously sells for much more then it was an honest mistake. If he listed something for $20 that sells for $40 then I think he needs to suck it up and finish the transaction. But like everyone else the link doesn't work for me. But how I handled this would definitely depend on the auction in question.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mike now says that he will sell this to me. Hopefully the issue is resolved.

I personally have screwed up a couple of listings in terms of a buy it now. One was just a minor mistake. The other one I cost my self quite a bit. I revised the listing after it started and left a number off the buy it now price. It was bought ASAP. I shipped it off to the buyer and didn't say a word to him. The seller is responsible for the price that they put on buy it nows. It isn't the buyers fault if the seller makes a mistake or regrets the price later if it sells too fast.

Here is a link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm glad this could be resolved. $8.00 seems like a weird starting bid on this item to me atleast. What is an atari hard case worth? If I saw one for $8 I don't think i would bid. Anybody know the price of one of these?

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well he's got another Atari hard case listed that has a bid on it for $8.00, but if you look at the description it says the same thing as the one you BIN'd: "this is the only one I've seen".

***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Issue maybe resolved

Quote Originally Posted by mcgrail0007@netzero.net
    "Wow, I am really sorry. There was not supposed to be a buy it now on this case. I was just in the auction now editing it and you bought it as I was fixing it. I will have you refunded immediately."

File seller non-performance. If this is 1st offense no harm will come to him.

If he's done this multiple times to other people-- he deservedly should be suspended.

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Issue maybe resolved

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgrail0007@netzero.net
    "Wow, I am really sorry. There was not supposed to be a buy it now on this case. I was just in the auction now editing it and you bought it as I was fixing it. I will have you refunded immediately."

File seller non-performance. If this is 1st offense no harm will come to him.

If he's done this multiple times to other people-- he deservedly should be suspended.
    Kevin:

Theres no need at this time for your usually-violent actions against sellers.

The seller said it was a mistake, offered a refund. I´d be happy with that

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you believe sellers when they say "I lost the item" and refuse to ship it to you, too (cause they didn't get enough money)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    Do you believe sellers when they say "I lost the item" and refuse to ship it to you, too (cause they didn't get enough money)?
    That is a whole nother situation than the one we are currently talking about. Mike made an honest mistake and he was willing to work out a resolution. It is not like he just totally shunned the guy. Kevin, I think you are just a little over pessimistic. I have bought from Mike many, many times and every time he has come through and at great prices to boot.

Let's just sit back and see what happens. Maybe it will all work out!