Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: E3 2006 - News, Updates, pics, videos official thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, RedWarrior was telling me he read an article on IGN where they totalled up the cost of making a Wii and determined that charging $200 for a Wii would be overpricing it.

So who's to say they might not charge $200 for the system and a game? Of course, Wii Sports is much more likely as a pack-in title.

Pack-ins may be a thing of the past, but then we never thought we'd see another 2D console platformer again either, and now we get Super Paper Mario.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    Ummm - thats the textbook definition of a fanboy.

As I said... I want a Wii now too, but Jesus Christ people... There are other games for the 360 besides Halo 3 and Gears of War. And just because the PS3 has an astronomical price doesn't mean people don't wanna hear about it. And not one single person has mentioned Spore...

Still haven't heard jack-shit on the PC end.

BTW - Did S.T.A.L.K.E.R not show up at the show, this year?
    No, discussing whats interesting to us makes us Fans, not fanboys.

Why haven't you heard anything about the PC? Because Vista isn't worth talking about, from every preview of every preview build every site says it's a giant chunk of shit. It's completely anti-user friendly and assumes the user is retarded. How many prompts do you have to clear to delete a shortcut from the desktop? 4. It warns you four times just to delete a shortcut for christs sake. That's terrible.

That, and it's not going to be out until 2007 now, so who knows what will actually make it into the final build. So far they've promised the world and in the latest preview build, have delivered Montana.

As for games, it's the same thing with the PC, over and over. There hasn't been innovation on that platform for 10 years. Yes, I'm looking forward to Half Life two Episode 1 or whatever they're calling it now, but I have no need for previews about it, it's going to be more of Half Life 2. Other than that I can't think of much thats even interesting... STALKER maybe, but even last year it was almost a no-show, and then theres the WoW expansion, but really, unless you actively play WoW no one cares. Another Rise of Nations expansion maybe? So wait, the PC has more FPS, RTS, and MMO's on the way? Who woulda thought.

And you may not have noticed this, but this isn't much of a PC gaming community. Some of us here have capable rigs but for the most part the people here are console enthusiasts.

Not fanboys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo is the king of pack ins. They had like what 6 different ones for the gamecube.

Though they wern't on launch, wii sports seems like the perfect pack in title.

Oh and I didnt see this, but Metroid 3 is a confirmed launch title.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it just me, or is Metal Gear Solid 4 going for a "3 Kings" or "Traffic" look? You know, that movie 3 Kings, or the movie Traffifc? The graphics have a kinda look to them that suggests they are going with a certain type of filter on the graphics to get a look that is similar to the movie 3 Kings. Kinda that grungy, grainy type look or something.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? I wonder if this look is intentional, or if it has to do with the way the PS3 does it's graphics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IGN reports that the main theme for SSBB was composed by none other than Nobuo Uematsu!

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707620p1.html

Also, Miyamoto himself has said not to count out seeing other 3rd party characters show up in this game. Sonic and Tails? Hey, if Uematsu's involved we might get Cloud.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, whatever happend to Killzone for the PS3? I mean, wasn't that the biggest thing at last years e3? Kinda weird that it's totally dissapeared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I'm happy with what I've seen from Nintendo and Microsoft. Even though I was already planning on getting a Wii on launch, I'm really excited for it now. It might be one of the best launches I've seen in a while...

Zelda: TP
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (just confirmed today)
    Red Steel
    Wii Sports (hopefully a pack in or around $20)
    Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
    Excite Truck (I believe it's a launch game)

I'm also impressed with the little we've seen on Mario and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. Obviously it sucks that we won't see Smash Bros at launch, but the above games will keep me happy while I wait.

I can understand some of the responses towards the Wii sports games...honestly I was hoping for better graphics on that shore, but I think it will work out in the end. I see it as being the gateway to other Wii games. When you are trying to get non-gamers to join the fold, usually the two things stopping them are complicated controls and sometimes complicated graphics...if theres a lot going on the screen at once, people might assume its too difficult. On top of that, Wii Sports looks to be a good learning game for the controller. Something to play to get used to the remote, before jumping into a game like Red Steel or something.

I have a question for everyone here...the system is most likely going to cost around $200-250...does anyone else think that the games are going to be closer to the DS pricing structure than the current gen? I have a feeling that most of the games will be $30-40.

Nintendo also impressed me with their DS and Gamecube lineup...there are a lot of great games coming down the line (most of them have been mentioned in this thread).

I've been happy with my Xbox360 and there were a few games that looked really good. I didn't really see anything new that got me excited, but the updates on games I already new about are nice. Actually there were a few games I wanted before, but after the last few days I actually don't really want them anymore (Lost Planet). Hopefully they will release a Dead Rising demo this week.

As for Sony...I don't even care anymore. For the amount of money that I spent on both the PS2 and PSP launch, I really felt burned by what I got at those times. So, I already knew I wasn't getting a PS3 at launch. But now its $600 (face it...its almost worthess to buy the cheaper one), I'm definitenly not getting one anytime soon. And personally I wasn't really excited about any of the games they showed...alot of the ones I do like I'll probably just get on the 360.

Also, like others have said I think its cold that they've already copied Nintendo's motion sensing stuff. Someone pointed out that it wasn't Nintendo's idea in the first place, that it was on the PC a couple years back...while that may be the case I don't think it really matters. Fact is...Sony showed no indication of doing anything remotely close to motion sensing, but then they lose a lawsuit, have to remove the rumble, and see that some people may actually like the Wii, and once again, Sony copies an idea and calls it innovative. On top of that...Nintendo's controller is way more in depth than the stuff that was used on the PC.

Analog, rumble and now motion sensing...while Nintendo wasn't the first in overall gaming to use any of those, its hard to argue that they weren't the ones who perfected them and brought them to consoles....and every one of those ideas Sony has swooped in and copied, and then used their spin to claim their method is revolutionary. Well at least by all of this we can gather that Nintendo is going in the right direction again...and maybe the Wii isn't that far out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So far, the only PS3 games that I'm actually interested in are MGS4 and the eventual RE5. And, of course, Tony Hawk. But there's no way I'm buying a $600 system for any of those. It's just too much money. Maybe in a few years, once the price on the thing goes down, the first batch of bug-ridden hardware is out of the way, and there are a lot of good games for it, then I'll get one. I feel the same way about PSP.

360, while having a handful of games I think would be cool, still doesn't have the one killer app that's gonna get me to buy it. Halo's only okay IMO, and I haven't cared for GTA since San Andreas (that game was waaay too massive), and I found Fable to be a big disappointment. However, Gears of War looks like it has potential. Once the 360 goes down in price, I might wind up getting one to play Tony Hawk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    Also, like others have said I think its cold that they've already copied Nintendo's motion sensing stuff. Someone pointed out that it wasn't Nintendo's idea in the first place, that it was on the PC a couple years back...while that may be the case I don't think it really matters. Fact is...Sony showed no indication of doing anything remotely close to motion sensing, but then they lose a lawsuit, have to remove the rumble, and see that some people may actually like the Wii, and once again, Sony copies an idea and calls it innovative. On top of that...Nintendo's controller is way more in depth than the stuff that was used on the PC.
    You forgot how they ripped off the 360 with the center button.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    I was going to make a new thread titled... "Ok, so who is actually at e3", but I figured that it would be closed and that I would be instructed to just post it in this thread, so I'm just going to do it here.
    Decide on the course of action, and then do the opposite. You've got it nailed, Anthony1

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren870
    You forgot how they ripped off the 360 with the center button.
    Yes, imagine the millions that Nintendo will make from that move. It was a stroke of genius on Microsoft's part - it really was. Freestyle controller? Pah. Give me a main menu button! Woo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just saying...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I have a question for everyone here...the system is most likely going to cost around $200-250...does anyone else think that the games are going to be closer to the DS pricing structure than the current gen? I have a feeling that most of the games will be $30-40.
    I think there is a ton of potential for games in that pricing structure much like Brain Age is in the bargain category for the DS. I can definitely see Wii Sports only being $30. But for the real big titles, Metroid, Zelda, SSMB, the full games with full massive development cycles will still cost $50. Just because it's similar to gamecube development doesn't mean it's got any cheaper. They'll still be able to offer those games at $50 for sure though while the competition with their increased dev cycles due to hardware will be forced to charge $60-80.

They'll definitely be the king of the price wars this round, no doubt.

EDIT: I also expect to see the launch bundle return in force, at least one, maybe two, with a "core" system still available. I fully expect a WiiSports Bundle to come with two Wiimotes and the game for $300, maybe $350. I also expect to see a Zelda: TP bundle with Wiimote/nunchuk attachment and game for $300, but this one is less likely.

I think the WiiSports bundle is going to be essential to getting non-gamers to be able to swallow the cost of breaking into a market they until now didn't care about. It'll be a lot easier for them to handle one cost for one package that'll get them and at least one friend into the action than it will be to get them to buy a core system, additional remotes, and a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More Wii news:

Check out the trailer for this game Sadness. Anyone got anymore infor on this? It looks interesting.
    http://media.revolution.ign.com/medi...22/vids_1.html

Plus, Microsoft says we should all buy Wiis!
    http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707831p1.html

Here's video of the Virtual Console in action, and the classic style controller.
    http://media.revolution.ign.com/arti...05/vids_1.html

And finally, SHIT YES MAKE THIS GAME!
    http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707824p1.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

OK, here is a question i'd like answered.

Has microsoft announced a price cut for the 360 (Yet)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

I think a price cut would be awesome but I don't really see it happening. Think about it, do they really NEED it now? It's already cheaper than the PS3.

And that trailer for Sadness is crazy awesome. Also, the Virtual Console turned out way better than I hoped.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by studvicious
    I think a price cut would be awesome but I don't really see it happening. Think about it, do they really NEED it now? It's already cheaper than the PS3.
    Exactly. And I believe that they won't be making any hardware changes until January 2007, so surely they couldn't afford to drop the price yet, either. But as you say, they just don't have to!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    OK, here is a question i'd like answered.

Has microsoft announced a price cut for the 360 (Yet)?
    Why would they "announce" a price cut? As was mentioned previously, saying you're going to cut the price in November would just keep people from buying one between now and then.

They're only going to announce a price cut when it happens. And as mentioned above, they don't need to now. They've got Sony by the balls in terms of cost.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would be a little bit suprised if MS doesn't do a price cut. Of course, I wouldn't cut the price until Tuesday, November 9th. Also, I would be shocked if the price cut was more than $50. I'm guessing you'll see the Premium at $349.99 and the Core at $249.99. This will put the core much closer to the Wii in price, and will allow the Premium to be $150 cheaper than Sony's cheapest PS3 sku.

One things for certain, there are going to be alot of various price drops for all these systems over the years, it's going to be brutal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought I'd heard that Microsoft plans on dropping the price of both 360 configurations by $100.

If they do so before the PS3 comes out, then the 360 will only be half the price of the PS3. That's gonna make a lot more folks inclined to go the MS route.