Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2006 - News, Updates, pics, videos official thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Microsoft is staying the course, and thats a good thing. As long as they tread lightly they're definitely poised to steal a large portion of marketshare from Sony. At least in the US and Europe.

Halo 3, Gears of War, to be expected. Grand Theft Auto IV is unexpected, but not suprising. I wonder how big that'll really end up being as I felt the entire concept was just tired after Vice City.

I still don't know if I'm onboard for this whole web-cam console thing. It just seems premature, like until the TV's themselves have these items built in it's just a worthless and likely unused feature. The EyeToy certainly hasn't captured a large amount of support. Too many wires as well.

Only thing I'm disappoitned I haven't seen yet is a closeup of the guts of the Wii sensors that have to be placed on or about the TV. Hopefully we'll get some details in the early moments tomorrow.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Only thing I'm disappoitned I haven't seen yet is a closeup of the guts of the Wii sensors that have to be placed on or about the TV. Hopefully we'll get some details in the early moments tomorrow.
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_200...ontroller.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Still very small though, I want more detail. But from the looks of that, it seems to be very non-invasive. It's gonna suck having two cables running to the TV though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman943
    eh, ps3 looks amazing, and yeah 500 is a lot, but you gotta compare it to the 360 premium as well. for 100 dollars more, you get slightly better graphics, blu ray player, free online, tilt controller, and backwards compatability with ps2. Not too bad, but yeah, I get what u guys are saying..

360 looks like it is going to have some amazing games for it as well! GTA and Halo 3 both look like theyre gonna be awesome!

I saw the rev videos, and they are really underwhelming.. Am I the only one who is writing off the controller as a gimmick?
    Just don't forget that the $500 PS3 doesn't include a lot of things. No wireless controllers, no wifi, no hdmi output, and 40 gigs less in hd space. Buying the $500 version, especially if you're interested in it as a blu-ray player, is simply a waste. It's no different from the 360 core package. Anyone who seriously wants a PS3 and wants to make use of all of its features will have to buy the $600 version.

And yes, you're probably the only person left at this point writing off the Wii controller as a gimmick. Have you seen the Red Steel video yet?
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wii - $250 says EGM

HERE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll wait to hear from a source more reliable than 4 Color Rebellion. Personally, I'm guessing it'll be lower than $250.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for posting links to those DS videos - I am super excited! I just watched a Hi Def Super Mario Galaxy trailer... like, I can't wait! And Super Paper Mario Nintendo have stolen the show, and it is only day two

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    eh, ps3 looks amazing, and yeah 500 is a lot, but you gotta compare it to the 360 premium as well. for 100 dollars more, you get slightly better graphics, blu ray player, free online, tilt controller, and backwards compatability with ps2. Not too bad, but yeah, I get what u guys are saying..

360 looks like it is going to have some amazing games for it as well! GTA and Halo 3 both look like theyre gonna be awesome!

I saw the rev videos, and they are really underwhelming.. Am I the only one who is writing off the controller as a gimmick?
    Just don't forget that the $500 PS3 doesn't include a lot of things. No wireless controllers, no wifi, no hdmi output, and 40 gigs less in hd space. Buying the $500 version, especially if you're interested in it as a blu-ray player, is simply a waste. It's no different from the 360 core package. Anyone who seriously wants a PS3 and wants to make use of all of its features will have to buy the $600 version.

And yes, you're probably the only person left at this point writing off the Wii controller as a gimmick. Have you seen the Red Steel video yet?
    ouch, no wireless controller no wifi? 600 is pretty insane for a game console, I must admit, but I guess its the only way to get the whole deal.. anyone know if there will be demos on demand like on XBL?

And yea, i saw the videos, but dont see how the controller does anything revolutionary or innovative, or opens up any new gameplay experiences.. I dont see the fun in flicking the controller to make mario jump, or tilting the controller up or down to point it at different parts of the screen.. Thats just me though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, the way I see it is like this. Remember Doom back in the day? Doom was awesome, everyone loved it. Good stuff. Then came Quake. Full 3D, using the mouse to look around, aim, etc.

Imagine all console FPS titles to date are Doom. Imagine FPS games that use the Wii controller are Quake. That's the potential at hand here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

And yea, i saw the videos, but dont see how the controller does anything revolutionary or innovative, or opens up any new gameplay experiences.. I dont see the fun in flicking the controller to make mario jump, or tilting the controller up or down to point it at different parts of the screen.. Thats just me though
    Book by the cover and all that. Try it out, when Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto, and the contest winner were playing Tennis on stage that instantly sold me on Wii Sports. It looks like an absolute blast. Red Steel looks freakin amazing too, more for the swordfighting than the gunplay.

You've gotta try it. It may not look like much, but using your offhand to push forward to use a shield bash to stun an enemy in Zelda will be second nature in no time, and it'll be far, far more immersive than pushing a button ever has been.

Beyond that, you've obviously got some kind of bias. You're listing the tilt controller of the PS3 as being a jutification to the system costing more than any mainstream console ever, but you're writing the Wii off as a gimmick? How is it not going to open up new gameplay expereinces? How is swinging a controller as a sword not a new gameplay mechanic? How is using the controller as the handle to a racquet not a new gameplay mechanic? These things have been done in very poor fashion before, and the videos today proove that it's being done in very excellent fashion now.

You've really got to reserve judgement for the gimmick portion of the console until you get your hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    I'll wait to hear from a source more reliable than 4 Color Rebellion. Personally, I'm guessing it'll be lower than $250.
    I believe it. Whoever the white guy on stage today was has said many times, they're aiming to come in at a "Slightly more mass market price than the competition." The Competitions lowest price is $300, so $250 seems right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    Maybe if they did a little research, they'll find that no console over $400 has ever been successful. (Neo-Geo and 3DO ring any bells?)
    I only know the "PS3DO" :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn this thread is moving fast... I think it's becomming a time comsumer to keep up with all the posting.

Once again though, incase people missed my initial post on here, if anyone knows some new information about Supreme Commander or Unreal Turnament 2007 be sure to let me and others know. Thanks!
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You think this is fast? Considering that this is E3, I'd say this thread is moving at a crawl.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Anybody have a link to a video of the Nintendo press event? I missed it.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you think this is fast, you have never seen NeoGAF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, IGN's starting to get a lot of cool videos of Wii games. And of course games for the other systems too.

http://www.ign.com/e3/2006/

Man, all I can say is, I'd sure like to play Wario Wario with a bunch of cute Japanese girls.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo has re-invented fun again...after watching Iwata and Miyamoto play Tennis on the Wii. It reminded me of the same fun we had when NES was introduced. Simply brilliant, I felt Nintendo stole the show already within a single hour. Super Mario Galaxy was just so gorgeous...
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Take a look at Hotel Dusk for the DS:

http://e3src.nintendo.com/games/ds/hotel_dusk_room_215/
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?