Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2006 - News, Updates, pics, videos official thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

And now for something completely different (not Wii related)...

Why the hell has it been so quiet on the Gears of War front? Haven't heard a thing except for the trailer I downloaded today.

God... My 360 HD is getting a serious workout.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    And now for something completely different (not Wii related)...

Why the hell has it been so quiet on the Gears of War front? Haven't heard a thing except for the trailer I downloaded today.

God... My 360 HD is getting a serious workout.
    They can show us all the footage they want, but we all know what the game is about now and we all know how gorgeous it's going to look. The only thing left to do is release the game, so until we get a date there really isn't much to say that hasn't been said.

It better be playable on the floor though, if it's not it'll give me serious doubts about it making it out this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    I don't think we have to worry about that too much. There's a big difference between what Atari was back than and what Nintendo is now.
    Not to mention Nintendo builds their hardware to take some serious beatings. With all their experience around making GameBoys childproof in every sense, I don't think they'll have any trouble making the Wiimotes bulletproof.

You better believe they realize these things will come flying out of hands at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Yoshi's Island 2? A platformer based on Paper Mario? Man, this is a good year to be a gamer.
    Understatement of the show.

It's overwhelming. I can't believe right now that I'm ACTUALLY interested in a PS3, knowing full well I'll have to actually save for it. Put aside money from a month or two out of launch every week to a PS3 fund. That's absurd and not even including games. I'd definitely want warhawk, I loved the original way back when. I'd also probably want Heavenly Sword and maybe a few others.

The Wii likely will cost $250, and there are already 5 confirmed launch titles I MUST have: WarioWare, WiiSports, Dragon Quest, FF:CC, and obviously Zelda. If Metroid makes launch, add that. Wait, make it six, Red Steel as well. Toss on at least one more Wiimote for some multiplayer and a chunk down for an SD memory stick and I'm looking at a $700 Wii launch right along side an at least $700 PS3 launch.

Not to mention the absolute explosion of amazing titles announced for the DS that will inevitably be hitting right around the holidays as well.

There's too much. I still have 300 games or so sitting in my house right now that I want to play... so little time. And what do I do in my free time at work? Look at Ebay. I'm an idiot.
    hey I am in exactly the same thing as you

It's really scary lol how I am going to afford all these systems plus I still want to get an xbox 360

so it's just crazy

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anyone have a link to the press conferences (nintendo's in specific) that don't require a membership site?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by NintenDk
    anyone have a link to the press conferences (nintendo's in specific) that don't require a membership site?
    You can download the low-res feeds directly from GameSpot for free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NintenDk
    I believe IGN has them as well.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aside from the Wii in whole, the following is what I am most eager to learn more about...

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Yoshi's Island 2

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Star Fox DS (SS don't seem to do it justice. I want to make sure there's no damn foot missions in this one.)

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Also known as Wind Waker 2)

Can't wait to see all the videos and images over the next three days.

"Over the years I know you've heard a lot of Nintendo people say, 'We're all about the game.' Well guess what? We are. Whether you're talkin' about Donkey Kong or Tetris, Madden or Mario, Metal Gear or Resident Evil, he with the best games wins. Always been that way. Always will." -- Reginald Fils-Aime Nintendo Pre-E3 2004 Press Conference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh snaps!!! I saw videos of Super Mario Galaxy, Excitetruck, and other Wii games like Red Steel. Wii IS going to change the way we play games. When I saw videos of people using the Wii remote my jaw dropped. And it's $250? Sign me up NOW!!

As for the DS? System is gonna keep dishing out the pwnage. My word, I've got some saving to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Star Fox DS (SS don't seem to do it justice. I want to make sure there's no damn foot missions in this one.)
    My faith in Nintendo's vision can only take me so far, and I fear this is beyond that border.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RegSNES
    Oh snaps!!! I saw videos of Super Mario Galaxy, Excitetruck, and other Wii games like Red Steel. Wii IS going to change the way we play games. When I saw videos of people using the Wii remote my jaw dropped. And it's $250? Sign me up NOW!!
    I still say $200. They could even take it down as low as $150 if they were really aggressive, but they're already in the driver's seat as price goes.

Nintendo is clearly out for the jugular, with all their big names coming out at once, and all looking very good. Three new Mario games - how can you beat that?

Videogames are going to be cool again!
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for the DS? System is gonna keep dishing out the pwnage. My word, I've got some saving to do.

Is there a link anywhere to a video of Super Mario Galaxy, for those that don't have a membership to anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1

Is there a link anywhere to a video of Super Mario Galaxy, for those that don't have a membership to anything?
    Just hit up GameSpot. You can download stream their videos for free.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1

Just hit up GameSpot. You can download stream their videos for free.
    GameTrailers.com have a Hi Def version of the trailer. And it blew me away! I must have watched it a dozen times last night, back to back. I think it made the same impact as when I first saw Super Mario 64!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Nintendo is destined to trail Sony and Microsoft in market share. Graphics sell consoles. They might not sell portables (which are a lifesaver for parents to occupy kids), but they sell consoles. The videos for the Wii are so far behind the PS3 and 360 it isn't even fair. I'll buy one along with all you DP "gameplay over graphics" gamers, don't get me wrong. And it will be ALOT of fun. But don't kid yourselves and say it will be anything other than a 3rd place console with limited 3rd party support. If it had come along with a combination of this controller innovation AND comparable processing technology there might have been a shake up. Unfortunately it didn't. A $499/$599 PS3 price point is a shock, but it's not out of reach to the average video game consumer (you bought a computer didn't you?). It doesn't take anything away from the potential for the Wii to be a classic, enjoyable system. But it's pretty silly to read all these posts proclaiming that Nintendo is going to dominate or even compete in the next-gen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by petewhitley
    Graphics sell consoles.
    The Atari Video Computer System.

The Nintendo Entertainment System.

The Sega Genesis.

The Sony PlayStation.

The PlayStation 2.

These systems had something very important in common: they outsold (or matched the sales of) their primary competition, all of which had better graphics. (For the record, those competitors were: Intellivision/Colecovision, Master System, Super NES, N64, and XBox/GameCube, respectively.)
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right now for me... the show is like this:

Nintendo Wii > XBOX 360 > PlayStation 3

The PS3 and 360 are both around the same for me. MS has very AMBITIOUS goals and have announced killer titles that are sure to get everyone !? Fable 2, Halo 3, GTA IV(Also on PS3). That's some good shit to look forward to.

PS3 has Tekken which we all love. <3 ! Virtua Fighter 5, and the most exciting one to me so far... Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. But then they have that crazy price and hardware changes.

Wii on the other hand. 27 playable titles! WTF. If anyone saw the press conference... man the controller looks wonderful... the new mention of sound/speaker capability is very nice IMO. A new Mario title in Super Mario Galaxy... The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess Wii Edition with exclusive Wii content, Duck Hunt Wii, that Tennis game was nice, Red Steel, and the one that I'm most excited about, Resident Evil for the Wii. I'm loving the classic controller too.

For handhelds, I'm glad with both of them... PSP is bringing some major heat with the post MGS3 title and Silent Hill prequel in Origins... looking really good. TalkMan will be great once it gets over here. For DS though, I'm way more excited... Starfox DS, Lunar Knights DS(From Hideo Kojima) which is the new Boktai I believe..., Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and more... very exciting.

I'll reserve final judgement over the next few days as I'm sure my feelings will change. I'll be able to play the games more in depth and see how they are and how their potential is.

I'm excited as fuck. Only member of my group that is still awake. lol. 2 AM. I don't think I'll sleep.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    Whoa! I didn't realize that Super Paper Mario is a platformer! Kick ass!
    That was, without a doubt, the biggest shock from yesterday (for me, anyway). I read a little about it after it hit the net, and then I downloaded the video. And just before I headed to bed, I took a quick gander. Boy, I really wasn’t expecting such an oddball platformer. This will be the freshest take on a Mario platformer, I reckon.

It is quite fantastic to see Nintendo taking a few risks with their beloved franchises. Yes, yes… I know – it is still a platformer at heart, but it is clearly going to be a little “off the wall”. And while Nintendo seem hell bent on revolutionizing the gaming industry (which they are slowly doing, in my opinion), they usually stick to a fairly tried and test formula for their powerhouse franchises. Super Paper Mario – perhaps more than Super Mario Galaxy – will defy the norm. I’m thinking Viewtiful Joe meets Super Smash Bros. Melee with a hint of New. Super Mario Bros. For some reason

I was also reading this morning, GameSpot’s hands-on impressions of the latest iteration of the Wii freestyle controller. You can read their impressions here. Considering that I generally feel that GameSpot’s previews are fairly neutral – I thought the article sounded very positive.

Having kept up with everything Nintendo so far, one concern still remains. When Microsoft launched the Xbox 360, we saw a number of launch titles skimp a little on gameplay and content, at the expense of producing early next-gen Hi Def graphics. It worries me that some developers – probably third-party developers – will concentrate solely on recreating current-gen games, simply with a new control method. I don’t think that will be good enough.

While most gamers have come to terms with the fact that the Wii will be significantly less powerful than the Xbox 360 or the PlayStation 3, I think most people are expecting graphics (to begin with) on par with Resident Evil 4, which was easily the prettiest game of this generation. From the trailers I saw, I don’t think anything came close to these graphics. Which is a crying shame. Graphics aside, I certainly hope there is more than just a new way of controlling these games. I want to see more online enabled titles at launch, than not. The revolution is more than just a controller – I hope developers (and publishers) remember this.

As for the DS… I remember reading, possibly on 1up, that we could expect some pretty special offerings at E3. And boy – they weren’t wrong! I read on Eurogamer this morning that 100 DS titles are in-development, which is a pretty staggering number. This is very much the second wave of games for the DS, so I am expecting much higher quality across the board.

Just going through Nintendo’s announcements – I was astounded by what was on offer. All these games are due to hit the States before the end of the year, though dates are yet to be confirmed for most. I am actually expecting Nintendo to mix things up a little, and debut some of these titles in Europe ahead of the US. I finally think Nintendo are opening up to this CRAZY way of thinking, given that Europe is leading the US in terms of DS sales and popularity.

StarFox DS looks superb. It shows just how capable the machine is, much like Metroid Prime Hunters did recently. Games like these are raising the bar, and making it harder for third party developers to churn out – pardon my expression – shit. If this is online-enabled, which it surely will be, we’re in for a treat. Yoshi’s Island 2, which probably won’t live up to the original, should be good. It is a shame that they haven’t mentioned the new Wario Land title yet, but I am sure an announcement will follow shortly.

Turning my attention to Microsoft, finally… I haven’t watched their conference yet, but having heard that Lumines is heading to Live, and having realized that I have no interest whatsoever in the PlayStation 3, I have decided to buy an Xbox 360 this morning. Multiplayer Lumines across Live is worth it alone, I reckon. This was how I planned it to be. 360, Wii and DS for the win

Best. E3. Ever!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    and the one that I'm most excited about, Resident Evil for the Wii. I'm loving the classic controller too.
    Have they spoken about Resident Evil for the Wii, yet? Shown any footage? Have I missed something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    and the one that I'm most excited about, Resident Evil for the Wii. I'm loving the classic controller too.
    Have they spoken about Resident Evil for the Wii, yet? Shown any footage? Have I missed something?
    Its just on the list of Wii games thats been made available. Nothing shown as of yet.

Other thoughts:
    Nintendo seem really to be reviving the 2D platformer, especially on the DS, what with 2 new Donkey Kong games, Yoshi's Island 2, Kirby etc, coupled with New Super Mario and Princess Peach. And then, surprised at Super Paper Mario, it looks so wierd, especially the equations littering the background.

New force feedback wheel for the 360 coupled with new Forza. The 360 is really looking home to great racing games now what with PGR3 but if only they got Outrun to run on it.

Elite Beat Agents - its like a sequal to Ouendan! Sign me up for this - i hope the songs are good and there are a variety of styles.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 for DS - yes, finally more point n click adventures announced for the DS. I'm liking the holding the DS sideways as well, more games should utilise this

I read bout WarioWareWii and it looks pretty amazing. The only Wii game so far that i'm definitely getting. I've yet to take a proper look at the info for most of the games though