Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2006 - News, Updates, pics, videos official thread.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    EDIT: This just in: Holy crud! Activision is buying Red Octane!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/706/706632p1.html
    Well, atleast they wont run out of money, and that should allow them to get a lot more music rights, due to them being activision and all, not to mention much more money to go around. A very nice and unexpected announcement.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Star Fox DS (SS don't seem to do it justice. I want to make sure there's no damn foot missions in this one.)
    My faith in Nintendo's vision can only take me so far, and I fear this is beyond that border.
    Yeah if Starfox on the DS has more than ONE walkaround level, I'm not buying it, period. Assault blew major chunks.

But holy Nintendo gaming gods! I need to start saving now... and I'm so glad that I'm going back to school in the fall (Law School) and will have 2 hours on a bus every day to play DS like crazy! hehehe.

And OH MAN!!! CULDCEPT IS GOING 360!?!? NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

grr....

That's about the only game I can get my wife to play with me with any regularity heh. I may for the first time in my life have to buy a system for one game and one game alone... I just hope that the translation is better this time around hehe.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by petewhitley
    Nintendo is destined to trail Sony and Microsoft in market share. Graphics sell consoles. They might not sell portables (which are a lifesaver for parents to occupy kids), but they sell consoles. The videos for the Wii are so far behind the PS3 and 360 it isn't even fair. I'll buy one along with all you DP "gameplay over graphics" gamers, don't get me wrong. And it will be ALOT of fun. But don't kid yourselves and say it will be anything other than a 3rd place console with limited 3rd party support. If it had come along with a combination of this controller innovation AND comparable processing technology there might have been a shake up. Unfortunately it didn't. A $499/$599 PS3 price point is a shock, but it's not out of reach to the average video game consumer (you bought a computer didn't you?). It doesn't take anything away from the potential for the Wii to be a classic, enjoyable system. But it's pretty silly to read all these posts proclaiming that Nintendo is going to dominate or even compete in the next-gen.
    Odd, I thought this post of yours was the most silly. :P

Seriously, each company has a strategy and has been drafting and refining it for awhile now. When the dust settles from this generation's scuffle it will be quite clear who sold what and whom thumped whom. I'm fairly confident that Nintendo won't find themself on the bottom this go 'round though. Not after what we've all seen of the Wii. I'm not saying Sony is out of the race either, just that they won't find placing top to be a given. This time they're (MS, Sony and/or Nintendo) gonna have to earn it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Graphics sell consoles.
    Maybe to you but graphics aren't what I base my console purchases on.

A $499/$599 PS3 price point is a shock, but it's not out of reach to the average video game consumer (you bought a computer didn't you?).
    Honestly, I think that $499/$599 is way out of reach of an average gamer. Keep in mind that many consoles are purchased by parents for their kids. I'm sorry but most moms and dads just aren't going to fork over $600 (plus another $60 for a game) for a video game system at a time gas when gas and oil prices are at an all time high.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't been paying close enough attention, but is there a Wii release date out there yet?
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NEW METAL GEAR FOR PSP.... HOLY CRAP....

To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Nintendo Wii > XBOX 360 > PlayStation 3

Holy crap Nintendo for me has really gone out and showed that it means business. Not only are they showing very quality games, they are making people like me want to buy Nintendo products again. Also, Super Paper Mario and Zelda for the Gamecube look to be fantastic. The DS by far is having a great show, with a new Mario game that looks to rock. I have been downloading all the E3 trailers on my 360, most of which do not show any gameplay. Pinata looks interesting, but overall I did not see alot of products remotely near release. The PS3 as I have said before is going to loose at least one customer due to price...me. I dont care if the dam thing can even do my teacher homework...$500 is way too much money.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by segagamer4life

..Back to the Nintendo subject, Nintendo really has it going now, They're earning my respect for them back, When i played World Class Track Meet on the NES it was fun, and the wii looks just like that - Fun.

Nintendo is really making a comeback here (For me anyway) Since there are so many Must buy titles, for the DS, GBA, Wii, and gamecube! (I know there wasn't anything big said on the gamecube or GBA, but i'm behind in that area, so that counts for me)

I WILL preorder a wii. And with these DS titles coming out, they may just make me buy a DS lite!

Man, it's time to get ready to buy over $1,000 worth of new games this year - Nintendo Wii system, wii games, DS Lite, DS games, Xbox 360, 360 games, and accessories..

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm definitly recording the E3 show on G4 tonight.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Remake of Classic Duck Hunt for Wii:

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706955p1.html

Thanks youruglyclone for finding this.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    I'm definitly recording the E3 show on G4 tonight.
    Get ready to fast forward!
    Need. More. Games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Opera confirmed that the Wii will also get its browser
    http://opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/05/10/

--

Konami, Midway, Namco classics on XBLA

--

about GTA4 on the 360: In October 2007, "Grand Theft Auto IV" will launch for the Xbox, with exclusive add-on content available on Xbox Live.. There's your exclusive
    *insert signature >here<*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler
    Remake of Classic Duck Hunt for Wii:

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706955p1.html

Thanks youruglyclone for finding this.
    Awesome! I can't wait to read some hands-on impressions for this, as well as view any and all possible media I can find.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Opera? Cool.

As one who has never pre-ordered a console, I'm severely tempted to pre-order a Wii.

If Nintendo puts together any sort of system launch bundle, I'm definitely there; if not, I'm still inclined to pick one up, if only to make one less system available to the Ebay crowd.

Any mention at E3 of requirement(s) for DVD playback on the Wii?
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slate

..Back to the Nintendo subject, Nintendo really has it going now, They're earning my respect for them back, When i played World Class Track Meet on the NES it was fun, and the wii looks just like that - Fun.

Nintendo is really making a comeback here (For me anyway) Since there are so many Must buy titles, for the DS, GBA, Wii, and gamecube! (I know there wasn't anything big said on the gamecube or GBA, but i'm behind in that area, so that counts for me)

I WILL preorder a wii. And with these DS titles coming out, they may just make me buy a DS lite!

Man, it's time to get ready to buy over $1,000 worth of new games this year - Nintendo Wii system, wii games, DS Lite, DS games, Xbox 360, 360 games, and accessories..

is there some reason why my pics aren't showing up? any ideas? I rechecked the url's and everything looks fine...
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pro Evolution Soccer on DS screenshots

Tomb Raider Legend on DS screenshots

And... I found this on Infendo. Head to Nintendo's E3 press site, and use the following login...

Username: media
    Password: E32006

The videos available are zipped, and are much larger than what I had downloaded from Nintendo last night (which means they could be higher resolution ). Enjoy.

Oh, and I watched the Death Jr (on DS) trailer and I was pretty impressed. Maybe this could be a good title after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is there some reason why my pics aren't showing up? any ideas? I rechecked the url's and everything looks fine...
    Because it requires you to be logged into IGN to view them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New Duck Hunt? Cool! But only if I can blow away that damn dog this time!

Did you all read that in Phantom Hourglass, everything will be stylus controlled? You point where you want Link to go, he goes there. You tap an enemy, he attacks it. You tap a box, he lifts it.

I don't know if I like the sound of that. But it's Zelda, so I know I'll still be getting it.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    Whoa! I didn't realize that Super Paper Mario is a platformer! Kick ass!
    That was, without a doubt, the biggest shock from yesterday (for me, anyway).

Me too! I was hoping there'd be a surprise Gamecube game, and that certainly fit the bill. At least I'd never heard anything about it before. It doesn't seem like just some throwaway, the Gamecube is dead kind of game, either. At any other E3, it'd probably have been a pretty big deal. I'm looking forward to this greatly.

Plus, that DK bongo racing game could be fun, too.

Two surprise Gamecube games, hooray!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Graphics sell consoles.
    Maybe to you but graphics aren't what I base my console purchases on.
    Not to me either. But you and I and the rest of the DP community are not the average gamer. The average gamer who consistently demands the shiniest, prettiest Madden update. And the fellow who pointed out that the PS2 etc. led the market without the bar-none highest graphics is missing my point; home console sales (amongst other technologies) have been driven by processing power for 20-some years. Nintendo isn't going to change that, particularly in one generation. Keep dreaming of saving your Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    A $499/$599 PS3 price point is a shock, but it's not out of reach to the average video game consumer (you bought a computer didn't you?).
    Honestly, I think that $499/$599 is way out of reach of an average gamer. Keep in mind that many consoles are purchased by parents for their kids. I'm sorry but most moms and dads just aren't going to fork over $600 (plus another $60 for a game) for a video game system at a time gas when gas and oil prices are at an all time high.
    I guess we'll have to see. I for one don't believe that video game consoles are intrinsically so different from other consumer home electronics that they must be sold at lower price points. Americans can and do afford $600 entertainment expenses on a regular basis. I would think the PS3 fits nicely in that niche.