Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cat peed on the neo geo-what to do?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey we had a rabbit that did the same thing to my n64 RF, that was back when a replacement was 20 bucks.We had a big roasting bag dinner that night and I gave away 4 keychains.

Get rid of the cat.
    keychains, lol.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r
    My rabbit chewed through my dreamcast RF adapter once.
    Hey we had a rabbit that did the same thing to my n64 RF, that was back when a replacement was 20 bucks.We had a big roasting bag dinner that night and I gave away 4 keychains.

Get rid of the cat.
    I would've thanked the rabbit, myself

Also, gg @ ubersaurus for continuing to ignore everybody's advice. WTF dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro

Get rid of the cat.
    I would've thanked the rabbit, myself

Also, gg @ ubersaurus for continuing to ignore everybody's advice. WTF dude.
    I'm not about to kill the cat :P
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, I mean plugging it back in when you should be washing off the cat piss. Getting peed on wouldn't kill it. :P

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get rid of the cat.
    If you killed your pet because of this you are mentaly insane hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

No, I mean plugging it back in when you should be washing off the cat piss. Getting peed on wouldn't kill it. :P
    I did that before anyone posted anything USEFUL in this thread, and after I had cleaned out all the piss I could find on the board. For like the first 5 hours it was nothing but people saying to snap the cat's neck.

It was already plugged in when it got peed on, something tells me electrical damage would have already BEEN there.

At any rate it's cleaned up as I can get it now, having scrubbed down the board and the interior casing(where most of the still existing smell was coming from) and presumeably it still works.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus
    I did that before anyone posted anything USEFUL in this thread, and after I had cleaned out all the piss I could find on the board. For like the first 5 hours it was nothing but people saying to snap the cat's neck.
    You're wrong in assuming that the liquid alone would damage it. It's liquid plus current that will damage electronics; as I already explained the liquid itself isn't going to damage it. Anyhow, cleaning off the board (I must've missed the part where you said you did that) is the right thing to do, but then plugging it in was not, because you can't be sure liquid hasn't gotten between pins on the mainboard.

Also, I posted roughly 4 hours and 30 minutes after your thread was created. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus
    You're wrong in assuming that the liquid alone would damage it. It's liquid plus current that will damage electronics; as I already explained the liquid itself isn't going to damage it. Anyhow, cleaning off the board (I must've missed the part where you said you did that) is the right thing to do, but then plugging it in was not, because you can't be sure liquid hasn't gotten between pins on the mainboard.

Also, I posted roughly 4 hours and 30 minutes after your thread was created. :P
    Oh yeah, I cleaned it off the second I noticed that it had been covered in cat wee. I had already powered it up by that point, though-that's how I noticed it wasn't working right, when none of my neo geo games were booting up properly.

As I said, I took the paper towel and the compressed air to it lickity split and got as much of it as I could find on the board, and when I powered it up a little while later, it booted the games fine-at this point it's just me seeing if I can't lessen the odor at all :P
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lordnikon
    Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78
    If you love your NeoGeo more than your dog, you're sick. There are thousands of NeoGeos out there but only one (insert dog's name here).
    But NeoGeo's can't reproduce!!!
    LOL

[quote="nebrazca78"
    PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:16 am Post subject:
    alec said:
    its a joke dude

Cruelty to animals is never a joke... unless it involves anal electrocution. That one cracks me up every time. Was that a joke or a news story? I don't remember, it doesn't matter anyway...[/quote]

Dude, first of all, I never said anything about cruelty to animals. 2nd of all, you said cruelty to animals is never a joke, then you make a joke about cruelty to animals. You think electrocuting animal's asses is funny, and you say I'm the one thats sick. That is disgusting.

When my dog and my Neo Geo confront each other, I am more inclined to defend my Neo Geo, because my Neo Geo can't thow up on my dog. LOL! My dog has been vomiting alot as of late. I think she is eating too much grass.