Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread (OUT NOW!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont think any character is overpowered, based on my playing. I can beat anyone with Toon Link, no matter who they are hah (Sounds cocky, but its true, so far anyway)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unlike Melee, Brawl is extremely balanced. When I started playing I noticed that unlike the previous installments, you can play as nerely anyone and stand a fighting chance. The game centers more on player ability as you have a very balanced playing field in terms of powers. Speed, strength, recovery, and a whole bunch of other areas work into each characters ability. In short, Ike is good but he is not overpowered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Ike is move too slow for my playing style and I have not have trouble to face him yet…

I like Captain Falcon too
    My favorite current characters right now are
    Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, and Pit.

I do agree that there is good balacnce with characters and random select is good to do to try other characters…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I dont see where Ness is all that balanced. He feels so weak still. Also, Pokemon trainer so far kicks major butt when used well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    Like when he goes to the middle of screen and gives you the red ring of death.
    Wait wait wait... so, the final boss actually has the power to ruin your XBOX 360?! Holy CRAP, that's sinister.

So, who wants some unused tracks? It's too bad some of these couldn't make it into the game, as they're quite incredible. My favorite might be the Wind Fish's Ballad from Link's Awakening... so very melodic. Give 'em a check: http://www.editorartist.com/album.ph..._!_lost_tracks
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Hey man, I think I know what will help you. I had posted this in the codes thread but forgot to post it here. Go into your internet settings and change the MTU to 1500. This should help you connect to online games better. It helped me. I would connect and get a player or 2 to connect to my match and then get dropped over and over. This MTU change works great. I play onlin e all the time now with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlins Beard View Post
    When I'm playing, this game's balls literally hang out of my wii. It's kind of distracting ...

... though I am having some online problems. I can connect (wirelessly - but w/ no Wii Wifi adapter) to "spectate" and bet on / watch matches just fine, but am having extreme difficulty finding anyone to play in online brawl mode. It only worked a handful of times, and I tried on and off for about three hours. I don't seem to be having any problems connecting to the actual wifi though, as it says I'm connected after only a few seconds.

Has anyone else been having these problems? Would the Wifi adapter help? What does it do exactly? Just "boost" the wireless signal? I don't ever have any problems downloading games on the VC, so do I need one? Would the LAN adapter work better (ie using a wired connection)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Welp, despite the fact that my formerly best character, Roy, is no longer in the fold, Ike does feel somewhat like Roy, albeit quite a bit different. He is slow, yes, but he does the DAMAGE! He's become one of my best characters in the game, along with Pit and Sonic. I'd also like to say that Lucas kicks Ness' butt any day of the week, and GET MOTHER 3 OUT HERE ALREADY.

... sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. Let me say this: This is definitely the best roster in the series thus far, and no character plays like another. Not even those that can be considered "clones" are that similar to each other... at least, I don't think. I haven't unlocked the entire roster just yet, so let me ask this question to anyone; do the "clones" feel anything like the characters off of which they are based? Personally, I don't think Luigi is even close to compare to Mario, and Ike is almost nothing like Marth. Lucas and Ness might be somewhat alike, but as I said, Lucas seems to be quite a bit more powerful than his Mother 2 counterpart. Falco has also become quite a bit different from Fox, methinks. What can anyone say about Ganondorf to Captain Falcon, Toon Link to serious Link, and Wolf to Fox?

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some of Falco's moves (like B + Down) are different from Fox's. He's also faster moving than Fox is, at least from what I've played of the two.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga View Post
    I haven't unlocked the entire roster just yet, so let me ask this question to anyone; do the "clones" feel anything like the characters off of which they are based? Personally, I don't think Luigi is even close to compare to Mario, and Ike is almost nothing like Marth. Lucas and Ness might be somewhat alike, but as I said, Lucas seems to be quite a bit more powerful than his Mother 2 counterpart. Falco has also become quite a bit different from Fox, methinks. What can anyone say about Ganondorf to Captain Falcon, Toon Link to serious Link, and Wolf to Fox?
    I haven't fully explored all the clone-types and their differences yet, but I can say a few things. First of all, the difference between Ike and Marth is humongous. Aside from the fact that they both use swords and are from Fire Emblem, I think it's safe to call them different characters altogether.

Ganondorf and Falcon aren't as similar as they were in the last game. Yes, they still have some of the same moves, but at the same time, Ganondorf feels different now. Like his forward-B move for example, it's a bit different now. Instead of doing Falcons dashing punch thing, Ganondorf dives, grabs a character by the throat, kind of chokes them, then drops them. Plus, now some of his aerials are different.

With Fox vs. Falco, I haven't played around enough to tell how different they are, but I'll definitely say that Wolf is NOT a Falco or Fox clone. He is a totally different animal. His gun works totally different. His up-B works differently. Almost everything, really.

As for Ness vs. Lucas, I also need to play more to see. I know there are differences, but I'm not sure how significant they are. I've heard that both are still good in their own way, but that they require different strategies. That's what the guys on Smashboards say anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

The major differences I've noted between Ness and Lucas:

1: Some of Lucas' A attacks are quite different; he relies less on weapons like Ness does and more on his PSI power. His Up+A smash is incredibly powerful, where he does a flip kick and launches a short psychic blast upward.

2: The PK Freeze does a bit less damage than the PK Flash, but the freezing ability is a nice bonus.

3: The PK Thunder is able to travel through enemies and hit more than one as a result.

4: The PK Fire travels straight in the air, unlike angling downward like Ness.

5: Lucas has an extended grab using a Rope Snake; he's also able to cling onto the edges of platforms this way.

6: His PK Starstorm meteors are yellow, and not blue like Ness. I'm not sure if there's another difference that's not cosmetic, though.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    The only way I've found to avoid that ring was with Pkmn Trainer's Down + B switch.
    You can also ground dodge it (Shield + down on the stick) but it takes some major timing chops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Question for anyone: I don't expect anyone to know this for certain, but... about how many trophies and/or stickers are there overall in the game? I was extremely shocked to find one of my favorite modern-day characters as a trophy... I'll mention who in black so as to not spoil the surprise for those who want it to be known.

SPOILER: KYLE EFFIN' HYDE FROM HOTEL DUSK. Man, TOTAL trip!!! Though, getting him's a bitch; you've got to beat All-Star mode with ALL 35 characters. Yikes.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Which one is all-star mode? And yeah, I had heard that trophy was in the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

I haven't unlocked it yet (it requires you to unlock all 35 characters to play it), but I'll have to assume it's like how it was in Melee, which is simply a marathon battle against all 35 characters, one after another. That's gonna take a while for just one character, let alone all of them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All-Star mode's a little different this time. You fight all of the characters from the same series at once, so sometimes you're battling against many opponents and sometimes just one. But you still have to beat all 35 characters.

God damn this game is amazing. Got back from school on Friday and already unlocked all the characters and stages. I do agree with the reviews about SSE, though, it was kind of lame. Co-op is really annoying-as 2nd player you just die a lot. But the cutscenes were awesome. The only other bad thing is that there are just generic target stages now; I miss the individualized ones for the different characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Okay, so... Tabuu is pretty much the Antichrist. If ANYONE can give me any advice as to what works best for beating him, do inform me. Me and my friend are at a total loss as to how we go about kicking his ass, and it's pissing me off quite a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, so... Tabuu is pretty much the Antichrist. If ANYONE can give me any advice as to what works best for beating him, do inform me. Me and my friend are at a total loss as to how we go about kicking his ass, and it's pissing me off quite a bit.
    Start off with heavier characters first in the team. And lots of jumping when he attacks.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

the game will also throw you so fire flowers, so try using those while constantly jumping. I'm not sure how to avoid some of his attacks, but a majority of them require you to be in the middle of the stage and jump when he attacks. Also use meta knight and use his tornado attack on him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tabuu is just a bit of luck. The first three or so times I faced him, I barely did anything before he killed all my characters. Then on the fourth time, he only killed one of my guys before I finished him. It was a vast difference. I just got to where if he uses a lot of attacks that leave him vulnerable, you can pound him pretty good. Attacks like the red ring are bad. Attacks that are easy to avoid and easy to pound him with aerials or up-smashes are good.

As for the number of total trophies, I heard it's around 540-545. I know for the challenge trophies, there are 128.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I just have to say that I think this game is great and nintendo really catered to the hardcore and casual gamers everywhere. I think there this is even for collectors as well. Have you noticed that there are lists of every game made for a nintendo system in the options menus? you unlock titles as you play but what exactly do you need to do to unlock more games in that list? does it kinda just unlock different titles by playing more?