Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I love how ancient this thread is.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SingeyDasBomb
    PSN
    Singe

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    I have no plans on getting this(It's a Square game, and thus no reason to think it will be anything good, I lost faith in them awhile ago), but there seems to be a handful of aspects in that trailer, which would at very least make it better, then that horrid FF12 game.

First, they seem to have gone back to ATB(so maybe FF13 will atleast count as a RPG).

2nd, while I can't understand Japanes, not only do they seem to be going back to the superior voice acting that they once hit(aka Yuna from FF 10), but for the first time in history, the Japanese have finally got the male voice remotely correct(atleast the good guy male voice acting anyway).

Finally, it sounds like they are recycling music now(however slighly editing it), which is for the most part(as far as it goes for Square anyway) is a good thing. Lets face it, most of the music in Square's later games, are meh at best(which generally there has only been 1 great song in each of their later games, with all the other being meh), so lets hope they recycled more songs, and that's not just the only good song in the game.
    Internet troll is trolling.

As for FF13, the deal was done when I saw that the black character had a little chocobo in his afro, the game must be purchased.
    PSN: Singe125
    Live: SingeyDasBomb

AKA Sheng Long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    I love how ancient this thread is.
    I made the thread when the game was announced at E3, along with the first unveiled trailer. That was four years ago. It's taken four years from the first footage shown to it being released in North America. And if you want to go back to the beginning of the development cycle, it's probably more like seven years. Pretty ridiculous when you get right down to it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .Singe View Post
    Internet troll is trolling.

As for FF13, the deal was done when I saw that the black character had a little chocobo in his afro, the game must be purchased.
    I was trying to give it a copliment, but the problem is, is saying atleast it will be better the FF12, Isn't saying munch, since almost anything that could be made, would be better then FF12.

However, then I decided to tell what aspects of the game were actually pretty good, compared to all the other new school FF games, so it was hardly a troll post, just there's not much to get excited over a FF game that is made by today's Square teams.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    And if you want to go back to the beginning of the development cycle, it's probably more like seven years. Pretty ridiculous when you get right down to it.
    And to somewhat quote Square Enix. "the Final Fantasy 7 remake will not be made because it will take four times the length of time it took to develop FF13." Which is just a load of bullshit.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

see, now its time to talk about this, snapple

actually we couldve started last month. the lack of posts in this thread really seems to show that no one is all that excited about it. (i mean shit, psp Lunar has like twice as many posts, at least!) i am a huuuge fan of all final fantasies up to and including 7. i gave 12 a huge try and never got into it... i may give it another go. 13 looks just like.. 'meh'. i mean, dont get me wrong, it looks beautiful, but i have thus far experienced nothing that resembles me wanting to play it.

and even if squeenix did make a CE, it wouldve been BS. remember the ff12 CE? almost as much a waste of money on release day as halo3LE was.

honestly though, if i can get ff13 for about 25$, id definitely get it for the ps3 (it seems it will look a LOT better than the 360).

btw, if you guys didnt already know, you can net yourselves a sweet ff13 360 faceplate at best buy. check out the thread at cheapassgamer for details. (i did it a couple days ago and it works).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    And to somewhat quote Square Enix. "the Final Fantasy 7 remake will not be made because it will take four times the length of time it took to develop FF13." Which is just a load of bullshit.
    Actually that is probally true(and I'm surprised they are admitting such), remember good games(you know, ones with well developed battle systems, actual good maps, each song being amazing, a massive amount of sub systems, exc), takes a hell of a lot longer to make, then a game that is Graphics over gameplay(a meh game, just packed with over hyped graphics).

However with that being said, Square would've been better off canceling FF 13, anf FF14, over a remake of FF7, but you know square(all they care about is quantity, so if they can pump out 2 meh games to put it nicely over one high quality game, they'll go with the 2 meh games every time).

There is no logic in their dicisions(as not only would it cost less to make one game, instead of two, a FF7 remake would easily make alot more money then 2 meh games combined, would ever hope to make), but that's how those donkeys think, so I imagine in another 5 years, they're be borderline bankrupt, yet again.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 03-04-2010 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the 360 version preordered on Amazon. Although now that the launch is just a week away I'm a little hesitant about spending the full $60 on XIII. After pouring entirely too much time into Mass Effect 2, I'm afraid a deep Final Fantasy game might be too linear to hold my attention.

Are there any reliable reviews out yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    the lack of posts in this thread really seems to show that no one is all that excited about it.
    I'm looking forward to it, but you're right, I'm just not feeling the excitement for some reason. I think it's because I don't have the time to sit down and play a jrpg anymore. I find myself getting much more excited about more casual games, like Trine, or New SMB Wii, or even Mega Man 10. If I can't sit down and play for 30 minutes and feel like I actually did something then it probably won't hold my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    blah blah comma for no reason blah misspelling blah parentheses dumbass
    oh my word, shut up.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ambriglia's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my two cents, FF series has gone downhill after FF9. IMO, FF9 was a great game. went back to the roots of the game, while still adding a fresh new feel. its a shame i didnt really like zidane that much.

but honestly, 10 wasnt that great. never played 11 or 12, and i dont plan on playing 13. the "magic" is just not there for me anymore. maybe i should give it a chance...

Insert Coin (Level 0) peachstapler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone know for sure if there's a collector's/special edition of FFXIII available for the PS3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peachstapler View Post
    Anyone know for sure if there's a collector's/special edition of FFXIII available for the PS3?
    Do you really want to buy FF13 for the PS3 after what Sony did to us? Go out and buy the FF13/360 combo.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by peachstapler View Post
    theres no CE out here in the US at all

Do you really want to buy FF13 for the PS3 after what Sony did to us? Go out and buy the FF13/360 combo.
    lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Dude their service went down for ONE DAY over a software glitch.

You are a sad child. See sig.

*EDIT* Man -> child.
    Last edited by skaar; 03-05-2010 at 10:18 AM.

This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

kupo, show me on this doll where the Sony man touched you...
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    Dude their service went down for ONE DAY over a software glitch.

You are a sad child. See sig.

*EDIT* Man -> child.
    But according to his title, he's still "Exclusively on PS3".
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Most of you guys already know I'm kidding. I thought it seemed obvious. I'm blowing it out of proportion on purpose like most people do for extremely stupid reasons.

Here are some examples. FF13 comes out on the 360. The one guy posting on a forum he's going to kill himself. 360 gamers emailing Square Enix after the comparison pictures came up demanding an apology and a patch to make the version as good as the PS3 version and also canceling their preorders. Yakuza 3 fans canceling their preorders over a couple things getting pulled from the game, a game we never would have got in the first place.

*edit*

I forgot the "Exclusively on the PS3." I only put that there when Arkham Asylum came out and had the Joker avatar, then just never changed it.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-05-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PaleSonicakuma

im gonna buy it
    read sonic doom everyday on my myspace profile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Most of you guys already know I'm kidding. I thought it seemed obvious. I'm blowing it out of proportion on purpose like most people do for extremely stupid reasons.
    I've never known you to blow anything out of proportion. It seemed out of character so I thought you were serious.

Joke is on me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ambriglia View Post
    my two cents, FF series has gone downhill after FF9. IMO, FF9 was a great game. went back to the roots of the game, while still adding a fresh new feel. its a shame i didnt really like zidane that much.

but honestly, 10 wasnt that great. never played 11 or 12, and i dont plan on playing 13. the "magic" is just not there for me anymore. maybe i should give it a chance...
    If you have never played the games, then how can you comment about whether or not they have gone downhill. That would be like me commenting about the Grand Theft Auto series when the only one I have played was the original, top down version for the PC, and that was for about 5 minutes.

JY