Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: when was the last time you threw the controller down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Well - I did it again today with Call of Duty 2 (360).

I'm doing the D-Day mission on Veteran difficulty. It's hard to tell who's who on this level, there's so much going on. Every time I make it to the top of the hill, I get my head blown off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    Well - I did it again today with Call of Duty 2 (360).

I'm doing the D-Day mission on Veteran difficulty. It's hard to tell who's who on this level, there's so much going on. Every time I make it to the top of the hill, I get my head blown off.
    Exactly. As you see the screen get red with blood, you know the next checkpoint is 2 seconds in front of you.

Call of Duty 2 on Veteran is the most infuriating gaming experience I've had in a long time (yet I keep coming back). I've never actually thrown the 360 controller...but I've come so close.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticjelly
    Never broken / thrown a controller in my life..

I think it is kind of strange to take frustration out on an inanimate object x_x
    Wow you have a high level of restraint.

Just yesterday I was unable to find my screwdriver used with the 4.5mm security bit. I threw a huge fit. Indented the kitchen trash can, Threw a whole bin of 50+ genesis games onto the floor, and tossed the plastice bit holder out onto the lawn.

Additionaly, last night I was unable to get a copy of populous working, you can guess what happened. 3 copies of populous and a blank screen on evey one, what BS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

6 years ago. I was playing Rayman 2: The Great Escape For the N64. I was at the final boss, his second form. You couldn't take a sinngle freaking hit or else you'd die and have to start the whole 2nd form of the boss over from the begining!! And that freak had a life bar!! After so many attempts I slammed my blue N64 controller down on my the floor in frustation. That had to be perhaps the only tiem I can remember abusing a controller. I never did finish that game, and you know what? I don't give a rat's anus that I didn't. Screw the final boss of Rayman 2!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get easily frustrated. I have thrown controllers a couple times, but not frequently. I once threw my Wavebird during Weapon Masters Mode on Soul Calibur II and it bounced off my PS2 and came back to me unscathed. Gotta love Nintendo's quality. Surprisingly enough, the PS2 suffered no damage as well despite how fragile the casing on Sony products are these days (although that might have contributed to the current problem of the front cover of the disk tray coming off all the time)

When I was about 10 I was getting pissed at some of the last levels of Power Rangers: The Game and was throwing the Genesis controller at the TV and punching the screen. My mom yelled at me to stop before I broke the TV (yeah, like a 10-year old girl can break a TV screen with her fists, honestly!)

I was getting really frustrated w/a couple parts of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for the XBox and with the controller still in my hands I was whipping it about in a spazzed-out tantrum of sorts and knocked loose one of the breakaway parts, then had to scramble madly to plug them back together. I also spent much of this tantrum screaming to my boyfriend over the phone and my mom walked into my room and yelled at me for being loud.

For the most part now, I shake the controller (or handheld) in a sort of tantrum-spaz or slap my palm or fist against my thigh or bed or table or chair. I'll swear a lot, say "C'mooooonnn!" in a whiny voice, rant and rave to my boyfriend, and/or let out a ton of exasperated sighs.

Other things I have thrown in a rage have included cell phones (which ironically resulted in getting a new, better phone because the one I threw wouldn't turn on and had to be replaced), cordless phones, shoes (I'm a chick, y'know, a shoe's my best weapon LMAO), books, and TV and/or VCR remotes. I try not to break any video game related stuff because I'd rather spend what little money I can spare on stuff I don't already have than stuff I need to replace that I already had.
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apossum
    threw it at some point during Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox. that may have been the only time I've thrown it though.
    i think it's a reqirement to beat ninja gaiden for xbox you ave to through your controller across the room at least 5 times, and in ng black's hard mode you go through multiple xbox's in completion.
    but seriously i have the worst temper when playing video games. luckly i can keep calm during multiplayer. but also luckly no one's video taped me playing games alone. that'd be all over your tube in minuites.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i myself have never thrown a controller but i have felt like it many times.years ago back when the nes first came out i was out at a friends house and he was playing the game trojan i think or it may have been castlevania am not for sure now but he got so mad at that game he quitely got up,unplugged the nes,took it outside and smashed it into the ground.he then quitely came back into the house sat down for 5 mintues or so went back outside picked up the nes which had its top broken off came back inside sat the broken top back on stuck the game back in and turned it back on and started playing again.i just sat there with my mouth open and my eyes wide open in shock.its funny now that i think back about that time and am still amazed the the nes stlled worked.later he taped the nes up with tape and got a few more years out of it untill he bought a sega genesis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whip-rush
    Additionaly, last night I was unable to get a copy of populous working, you can guess what happened. 3 copies of populous and a blank screen on evey one, what BS.
    Are you talking about the Genesis release? If so.. what model Genny are you trying them on? It may not be the game.. we discussed this in a thread a few days ago.

HERE
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

The only times I've ever thrown a controller in my life were when I seriously felt the controller was at fault, and caused me to die/miss or whatever. I haven't done it in forever, until Guitar Hero.

Cut and paste from my post on another board about this issue:

No One Knows on Expert is a hard song, but not only is it hard, it's the kind of song you can try once a day before wanting to destory things. I fail 4 or 5 times, usually because the ****ing guitar wouldn't go into star power when I needed it to.

The back of the guitar directly underneath the strum bar finds my knee in rapid succession. Upon my next try, only the orange and blue buttons work. Unsuprisingly, I fail the song yet again, in record time.

I hear something rattle inside the guitar so I figure I just knocked something loose, so I opened it up, found the rattling culprit and saw nothing loose. So heres what the insides of the guitar look like.

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/...o/IMG_1585.jpg

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/...o/IMG_1586.jpg

These next two pictrues show whats rattling. This little board is held in place by a couple of slots in the guitars plastic shell, as you can see in the first two pictures. I assume this is the tilt sensor? I bet it doesn't work at all now.

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/...o/IMG_1587.jpg

My camera has the uncanny ability to focus on the background when using a flash. Time for a new camera, maybe I should introduce it to my knee as well.

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/...yro/rattle.jpg

Even though this next picture blows, this clearly illustrates the problem. The two leads off the left side of this board are going to the buttons, and when I smashed the thing against my knee it obviously cracked, destroying the communication between the buttons and the rest of the piece.

http://flamevault.com/~jesus/random/...o/IMG_1590.jpg

So, here's my question. Is this fixable? I know there are some really crazy hardmods in the pc gaming world where you can literally use a pencil to connect transistors to unlock certain features or more pipelines or whatever... would something like that be possible here, or do I just have to spring for another guitar because I'm an idiot?

EDIT: Well, guess I answered my own question. The pencil trick does indeed work, and it survived a full round of Ace of Spades on Expert, and the star power even works still too. I'm awesome, I'd break more stuff if I knew I could fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last night...
    My friend has one of those 3rd party NES systems that are $30 new (rip off..) and has some ghetto ass controllers! It rarely moves the way I want to go in the game and there's some silly throttle button that makes the game go crazy if you hit it. That thing pisses me off so much, I end up tossing that controller often.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]