Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who owns a english terranigma?(spoilers)(56k unfriendly)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default who owns a english terranigma?(spoilers)(56k unfriendly)

Its such a great game , "(snagged my complete copy off of ebay aust and got a datel converter )

I always loved the story and themes of quintet games
    the games always seem very light toned at start but ,if you look their is alot of stange symbolism in them , they especially like to do stories that deal with being a creationist and destructionist (easy seen in actraiser)

To bad the usa didnt ever see the light of day with this title(except with emulation) to see major interest and high popularity spark off. The beginning and ending was something to really top it off , to opening pandoras box thats starts a journey of earth revival to the end when ark dies ( main character is supposed to only happen in the movies.) Plus the game had much other great moments , trippty philosophical things , vilage of the dead , escourting the lion cub ,to visiting a virtual version the quintet headquarters. Of course you can tell right off the bat when playing the game that its sort of a zelda clone but who cares? The gameplay was fast and furious ( a bit repeittive) but it always made you want to come back for more. Traveling in dungeons with with weird different styles (some designed after historical cultures , like illusion of gaia had done). Then wasteing time building up the worlds plants and animals to citys and their growth. Meeting certain historical figures you help and aid you on your quest (I wouldnt mind if quintet had made educational games)

U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know most people love Terranigma, but personally, I'd rank it third best out of the three Soul Blazer games. I just enjoyed the other two games better.

I think some of the puzzles were kinda annoying, but it's a good action RPG.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a complete copy, but i never played it for more than 5 min. Im too lazy to start playing it seriously hehe.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I also have a complete copy. Great game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    I have a complete copy, but i never played it for more than 5 min. Im too lazy to start playing it seriously hehe.
    you dont know what cha your missing =P its kinda like playing any other noteworthy (like ff, metroid , zelda etc etc)

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was never released because it's supposed too religious for the US market.

I can't disagree that there's a lot of biblical [and other] references though, and if it did get released, it's likely the christian groups of the time, 1996, would've made a fuss over it.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I remmeber playing this on ZSNES and getting stuck on Bloody Mary(?). It was a nice little game, it's a shame that they never ported it over here. I was hoping that they were going to do a GBA port, but it doesn't look like thats going to happen.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also think this is the least exciting of the three. I like Soul Blazer best, and Illusion of Gaia next. I have this for an emulator only, and I've played through so many times with so many different rom dumps but I still have the game freeze at the same point on each game. I finally had to find a savegame file that started off after the freeze point to beat it.

BTW, did anyone read the recent EGM? They have a top 5 list for "obscure" games that they want to see available for download on the Wii, and for SNES they choose Soul Blazer. Here's the problem: they label it an Actraiser sequel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit
    I remmeber playing this on ZSNES and getting stuck on Bloody Mary(?). It was a nice little game, it's a shame that they never ported it over here. I was hoping that they were going to do a GBA port, but it doesn't look like thats going to happen.
    yeah pretty big damn shame I doubt quintet is really around doing anything but I bet their whole offices are gone and they told noone and noone cared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah pretty big damn shame I doubt quintet is really around doing anything but I bet their whole offices are gone and they told noone and noone cared.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle
    I also think this is the least exciting of the three. I like Soul Blazer best, and Illusion of Gaia next. I have this for an emulator only, and I've played through so many times with so many different rom dumps but I still have the game freeze at the same point on each game.
    If different copies didn't make a difference (and they shouldn't, if they checksum is okay), the problem is probably your emulator. Next time, make sure you have the most up to date version of your emulator, or switch to a different one. I use ZSNES 99% of the time, but a few games give me problems so that I use SNES9X instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle
    I also think this is the least exciting of the three. I like Soul Blazer best, and Illusion of Gaia next. I have this for an emulator only, and I've played through so many times with so many different rom dumps but I still have the game freeze at the same point on each game.
    If different copies didn't make a difference (and they shouldn't, if they checksum is okay), the problem is probably your emulator. Next time, make sure you have the most up to date version of your emulator, or switch to a different one. I use ZSNES 99% of the time, but a few games give me problems so that I use SNES9X instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya, I was kinda like HUH, what is this game... but since it never came here I understand why now. With all the importing and mods I hear of on here, I think in the future I'll have to buy spare systems and mod them to handle all regions.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya, I was kinda like HUH, what is this game... but since it never came here I understand why now. With all the importing and mods I hear of on here, I think in the future I'll have to buy spare systems and mod them to handle all regions.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple
    I tried both, and had the most recent versions at the time. I also tried hcanging emulator settings around, to no avail. My Dreamcast emulator for it will play through this part just fine, though. I normally don't have a problem when an emulator won't play a game properly because that gives me yet another reason to purchase the cartridge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple
    I tried both, and had the most recent versions at the time. I also tried hcanging emulator settings around, to no avail. My Dreamcast emulator for it will play through this part just fine, though. I normally don't have a problem when an emulator won't play a game properly because that gives me yet another reason to purchase the cartridge.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had it when I was younger, but never liked it. I and my brothers were given most of the PAL RPG catalogue for the SNES, but I didn't fall for a single game.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had it when I was younger, but never liked it. I and my brothers were given most of the PAL RPG catalogue for the SNES, but I didn't fall for a single game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if you had a SNES flash card thing, could you play the version with an english translation on a real SNES?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Of course. Apply a patch to the ROM, load it into your Wildcard or whatever, play.