Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of Ngage games cheap,but not sealed, what should i do?

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Lots of Ngage games cheap,but not sealed, what should i do?

Ok,
    As the topic says, How many N gage games were made and are they still making more. My question spurs from my local Gamestop has 41 New n gage games and a few used more, for 2.99 each. I know this sale has been discussed but my real question is, Is it worth it to buy all 40+ for that price each? Is the system worth it to have? Is it good to have foresite for this dying system liek some of us should have had with other systems from the past? All in all, I need help and advice on what to do.... SO HELP!!

Update: Went yesterday, said I wanted one of each of the 41 games they had at Gamestop...guy looked at me like I was nuts...I said I wanted only factory sealed though...he only had 15 factory sealed And all the rest of the 41 "new" but opened. WHAT SHOULD I DO...Does it matter that they are opened, OR no and just get half the set sealed and half open...HELP!!

Thanks Guys,
    Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you a collector?
    If yes, snap those suckers up. That's an awesome price.

Are you a gamer? If you're a gamer more than a collector, get the good N-gage games. There are some AWESOME n-gage games, but also a lot of stinkers. Read the reviews first.

There are a couple n-gage games that I've got that I was really looking forward to, that just plain suck Oh well, at least they were cheap!

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

You could sell what you don't want on DP too. I'm still looking for quite a few games.

Strawberry (Level 2) heyricochet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me too, I'm still looking for Puzzle Bobble Vs and Crash Nitro Kart to complete my in-store set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heyricochet
    Me too, I'm still looking for Puzzle Bobble Vs and Crash Nitro Kart to complete my in-store set.
    They had both of those at my store? what does "instore set mean? And how many ngage games were made and are they still making them?

Mike

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure how many games were made, but the keep a running total over in the "N-Gage Collectors Thread." Now, about buying the games. I would advise no. Because I did the exact same thing, and I've only been able to make 1 trade! Now, if you can line some trades up before hand, it might be worth it. Maybe see what exactly the store has, then work your trades from there. If you buy them all, you might end up stuck with a lot of them.

But, if you just want them for yourself, then by all means get them, cause you won't find 'em cheaper anywhere! And if you want to trade some let me know!

EDIT: oh, "in store set" means the set of all n-gage games that were solded in retail stores. (I think) The last 5 or so that have been released were only sold online.

Strawberry (Level 2) heyricochet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, everything that was released in stores since there are about 10 or so that were only released online. There are 41 released in stores. Check the collectors thread for the full list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would just get them. You won't loose any money at that price. Most of them don't sell for much even on Ebay right now but still more than $2.99

As far as games still being produced. I think we are seeing the end of them releasing games on actual game cards. They are in the middle of switching to a download process that kind of sucks for people like us who like to collect stuff. Also you won't be able to download any of the new games on your original N-Gage or N-Gage QD you'll have to get a new phone for that which won't play your old game cards so if you want to play the old games you'll need to download them.

Like other people already said the complete list of games is in the N-Gage Collector thread on the first page. It's seperated by instore and online orders as well. Online only refers to people in the US since I think they sold some of these games in the UK in B&M locations

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you don't want them buy them and trade them to me! I'd love to get some more. I have 18 or 19 different ones right now. I have rare/valuable games that I can offer. I don't want to trade more than $3 each because if I look around here I can find them too. But if you are willing to pick them up to trade for something that you've been looking for then let me know.
    Thanks

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you don't want them buy them and trade them to me! I'd love to get some more. I have 18 or 19 different ones right now. I have rare/valuable games that I can offer. I don't want to trade more than $3 each because if I look around here I can find them too. But if you are willing to pick them up to trade for something that you've been looking for then let me know.
    Thanks

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

i had 38 unique ngage games at my job for that much, i bought them all since i figured it'd give me an easy jump on getting my first complete collection. 15 more to go hehe
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

i had 38 unique ngage games at my job for that much, i bought them all since i figured it'd give me an easy jump on getting my first complete collection. 15 more to go hehe
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,
    Ok new predicament, I go to the store and even though 41 say New, only 15 were sealed and the rest are opened but not used. Shold I still buy all of the rest? Is it worth it? I bought the others that were sealed (15). HELP HELP!!

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,
    Ok new predicament, I go to the store and even though 41 say New, only 15 were sealed and the rest are opened but not used. Shold I still buy all of the rest? Is it worth it? I bought the others that were sealed (15). HELP HELP!!

Mike

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say no also......I bought myself all 41 games that gamestop ever carried at 3.50 each a couple month ago (even got boxes for alien front online and virtual cop that never came out) Then the other day I see a ton at 2.99 and grabbed them to try and profit on ebay. To get home and find out that they are pretty worthless. I ended up just getting my money back.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say no also......I bought myself all 41 games that gamestop ever carried at 3.50 each a couple month ago (even got boxes for alien front online and virtual cop that never came out) Then the other day I see a ton at 2.99 and grabbed them to try and profit on ebay. To get home and find out that they are pretty worthless. I ended up just getting my money back.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you want to play them then you should pick them up. Like people have mentoned you won't profit from them. But if you like trading then you can get some decent stuff with a pile of NGage games. If anyone has a bunch for trade just let me know! I'd like to get the entire collection (I don't even have an NGage yet).

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you want to play them then you should pick them up. Like people have mentoned you won't profit from them. But if you like trading then you can get some decent stuff with a pile of NGage games. If anyone has a bunch for trade just let me know! I'd like to get the entire collection (I don't even have an NGage yet).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am mainly referring to buyinseg these games to obtain myself a complete set. Should it matter to me some are open and some are sealed. Or should i hold out and get all sealed.

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am mainly referring to buyinseg these games to obtain myself a complete set. Should it matter to me some are open and some are sealed. Or should i hold out and get all sealed.

Mike