Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The jollerancher's topic: IT'S THE CAMPUS CHALLENGE!!!!!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah... I don't know much about nwcs/campus challenge but that just makes sense to me, I was having the same thoughts. I don't think this item is either a straight nwc or a straight campus challenge. Hard to say for sure but to me this item is some sort of hybrid.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was NOT a tournament for the NWC, not in any shape or format, this was strictly for the 1992 tournament.

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it wasn't, DreamTR, then explain why it uses the 1990 Nintendo World Championships logo on the title screen.

The fact that it uses the same three games mentioned in the article concerning the Campus Challenge backs your statement up, but the use of the NWC logo is puzzling. I'm inclined to think this was not a final cart for the Campus Challenge, but an inbetween proto on the way to a final version for the Challenge.

Perhaps the Campus Challenge logo had not been designed as of the programming of this cart, leaving them to use the 1990 NWC logo as a temporary replacement.
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chrono: I was at both tournaments. I am pretty well versed about them. You are asking about why something that was not released to the public has an NWC logo, and comparing it to the only SNES one that exists? Both of those have bizarre looking boards, and I would not be surprised that the NWC was just hacked for the purpose of getting those three games on there.

I said a long time ago that something like this existed, but they did not give them away to anyone. Same goes for the SNES Campus Challenge ( I forgot about that version of the game, but I do remember an F-Zero/Pilotwings contest cart), and the Powerfest '94, which had a spruced up Ken Griffey Baseball Home Run Derby....

Lord only knows how Nintendo got some of these carts/boards together. I have all of those weird demonstration check sum carts that don't make sense, and that hotel SNES Naughts and Crosses on the most bizarre looking board I have ever seen, so you never know what NIntendo is going to conjure up.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, nobody told me about this thread...

I agree with DreamTR, the RJ-11 jack tells me that this is an intermediary cart while they were developing the final cart for the 1992 contest.

Take a look at Nintendo's prototype policies. RJ-11 is part of the prototype process. They are not allowed to use it in a final product, they demand propriatary connectors on final equipment, carts included. (the only exception i know if is the SNES modem)

my money is on this being an internal demonstration cart for the 1992 contest. You have to show the bigwigs something in order to get the greenlight for the contest.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    Chrono: I was at both tournaments. I am pretty well versed about them. You are asking about why something that was not released to the public has an NWC logo, and comparing it to the only SNES one that exists? Both of those have bizarre looking boards, and I would not be surprised that the NWC was just hacked for the purpose of getting those three games on there.

I said a long time ago that something like this existed, but they did not give them away to anyone. Same goes for the SNES Campus Challenge ( I forgot about that version of the game, but I do remember an F-Zero/Pilotwings contest cart), and the Powerfest '94, which had a spruced up Ken Griffey Baseball Home Run Derby....

Lord only knows how Nintendo got some of these carts/boards together. I have all of those weird demonstration check sum carts that don't make sense, and that hotel SNES Naughts and Crosses on the most bizarre looking board I have ever seen, so you never know what NIntendo is going to conjure up.
    anyone have pictures or a link for the gold cart. i'd love to see it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JOLLERANCHER
    anyone have pictures or a link for the gold cart. i'd love to see it
    http://www.nespit.com/new/competition/nwc.html
    search engine @

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce
    my money is on this being an internal demonstration cart for the 1992 contest. You have to show the bigwigs something in order to get the greenlight for the contest.
    You're missing one important piece here: we have no reason to believe the guy who sold this cartridge is a developer. It seems like his job, at least partially, was to help run events. I don't think this cartridge was "internal," I think it was something actually used at a campus challenge event.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    You're missing one important piece here: we have no reason to believe the guy who sold this cartridge is a developer. It seems like his job, at least partially, was to help run events. I don't think this cartridge was "internal," I think it was something actually used at a campus challenge event.
    dont think the guy was a programmer or developer. he told me that he used to run the competitions for nintendo. thna he said some other things but i wasnt really paying attention. sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

If DreamTR looks at it thats fine but if redeye puts it into his little handheld machine and dumps it then at least in my eyes the price goes down quite a bit. Sure it will still be valuable but I'll be out the race. Its a one of a kind at this moment and dumping of any one of a kind removes that quality. Many will disagree but that doesn't matter. If it matters to one potential #1 or #2 spot bidder for whatever reason then it affects the ending price. I know it matters to DreamTR and I know it matters to me.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    If DreamTR looks at it thats fine but if redeye puts it into his little handheld machine and dumps it then at least in my eyes the price goes down quite a bit.
    I don't remember anyone saying this item was for sale. In fact, I'm having a hard time finding anywhere in this entire two page thread where anybody has discussed plans for either copying the data or selilng the cartridges. We can outline the pros and cons of my "little handheld" economy-destroying satan machine versus your little schizophrenic holy quest to "preserve integrity" if and when these items are available on the public market, but until then, we're trying to have a discussion here.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If DreamTR looks at it thats fine but if redeye puts it into his little handheld machine and dumps it then at least in my eyes the price goes down quite a bit.
    I don't remember anyone saying this item was for sale. In fact, I'm having a hard time finding anywhere in this entire two page thread where anybody has discussed plans for either copying the data or selilng the cartridges. We can outline the pros and cons of my "little handheld" economy-destroying satan machine versus your little schizophrenic holy quest to "preserve integrity" if and when these items are available on the public market, but until then, we're trying to have a discussion here.
    Don't make me pull out the butter monster, i hate that damn butter monster... fight nicely you two.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the items will be for sale as soon as i get the rest of this guys shit. till then go to http://pixpipeline.com/users/jollerancher and enjoy the pic's of the boards and my evil cat. lets all paly nice. circle jerk anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JOLLERANCHER
    the items will be for sale as soon as i get the rest of this guys shit...
    I can just imagine when this will happen...

search engine @

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I say.. dump it! The NWC was dumped for the longest time, and is only playable in an emulator! Has anyone ever seen a reproduction of an NWC? I can't imagine anyone reproducing this cart without getting their hands on it. But I can see many people enjoying it (due to a dump) without lowering its price.

(sorry for hijacking this thread).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I say let's not have this argument at all, because it's not going to go anywhere.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

NM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, everyone, taking your passion a little too seriously, huh?
    When the fruit will be ripe, it will fall from the tree
    search engine @

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am satan!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geneshifter
    Should the seller pull the lot from auction? It is clear from reading this thread that he did not know what the real value of them are. He should at least put a reserve of that sucker. What do you guys think?
    Humm...I think that you should read auctions more carefully

He's auctioning just one Super Weekend, don't worry.

EDIT-You've edited, but it's too late, I've quoted you
    search engine @