Thread: Why are Xboxes still so high?

Cherry (Level 1) ClassicGameTrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    stillgetmine199

Default Re: Why are Xboxes still so high?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpetrosky
    Why are Xboxes still so high?

EBGames still sells them $110 used and then there's always the bundles that cost $180. I figured within a few months of the 360's release you would see Xboxes going for $50-75 dollers.
    Short Answer: Because it is so deliciously exploitable
    'Why should I lie when I can dramatize?"

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Look how long it took to get the very old PS2 down to $130 (Canadian). Forever. In that light, the Xbox's price isn't that bad for it's timeline.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone is making very good points. I just figured too that what, Xbox is 5 years + old? In gaming age that's old.

Maybe gamecube will be down to $20-40 next lol

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually I just bought an Xbox a couple days ago at Rhino Games for $114.00. And a DuoX2 modchip for $15.00... Now I have three modded Xboxes, and this one is a dedicated media center. One of the nice things about an Xbox is that the modded ones will still be really nifty gadgets long after it's heyday as a game console is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am still waiting for the Xbox to drop in price. I will buy a decent used system if I can. I just can't afford to buy the system for 150+ when I only need it to play a small handfull of game titles.

I need an Xbox to play Sega exclusives. That is it.

I am hoping to get a brand new system for 99.99 new, or a used system for 75.

I guess I will just have to play the waiting game.
    www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i tyhink just becasue 360 came it it doesnt mean that it has to lower to has great graphix

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XYXZYZ
    Actually I just bought an Xbox a couple days ago at Rhino Games for $114.00. And a DuoX2 modchip for $15.00... Now I have three modded Xboxes, and this one is a dedicated media center. One of the nice things about an Xbox is that the modded ones will still be really nifty gadgets long after it's heyday as a game console is over.

Yeah, I absolutely agree with this. There will be a day, when you can find a old Xbox 1 for a very cheap price, and then you can find a super huge hard drive for a very cheap price, and get a mod chip and mix it all together, and voila, you've got yourself a really nice little media center situation. I had two modded Xboxes before the 360, and they are great emulation stations. But also, you could put DVD movies on the hard drive and tons of music and digital pictures and all that crap. It can really be a more affordable media center for the TV. Especially if you have little kids. You can load tons and tons of kids movies on DVD onto the hard drive, and then just use it like a DVD jukebox type thing. And with the emulation, you can have thousands and thousands of games for all kinds of various systems, and there is even some dude that was making special controller adapters so you could use real NES controllers with them and stuff like that.

So I think that modded Xboxes with huge hard drives are going to be relatively valuable for quite some time into the future. By the way... Does anybody know what the maximum sized hard drive you can put in the Xbox is? I mean, can you put a big ass 500 gig Hdd in there?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Quote Originally Posted by XYXZYZ

Yeah, I absolutely agree with this. There will be a day, when you can find a old Xbox 1 for a very cheap price, and then you can find a super huge hard drive for a very cheap price, and get a mod chip and mix it all together, and voila, you've got yourself a really nice little media center situation. I had two modded Xboxes before the 360, and they are great emulation stations. But also, you could put DVD movies on the hard drive and tons of music and digital pictures and all that crap. It can really be a more affordable media center for the TV. Especially if you have little kids. You can load tons and tons of kids movies on DVD onto the hard drive, and then just use it like a DVD jukebox type thing. And with the emulation, you can have thousands and thousands of games for all kinds of various systems, and there is even some dude that was making special controller adapters so you could use real NES controllers with them and stuff like that.

So I think that modded Xboxes with huge hard drives are going to be relatively valuable for quite some time into the future. By the way... Does anybody know what the maximum sized hard drive you can put in the Xbox is? I mean, can you put a big ass 500 gig Hdd in there?
    I think there was a 300-something gigabyte limit, but newer modchips support more than that? I don't know. There's also the X-Tender which lets you add two identical hard drives in addition to the one in there already. (I don't know about the limit)

Actually I didn't even put another hard drive in my media center box, just networked it to a PC with 580 GB of storage. So now I can rip my DVDs to DivX right to the PC and play them from there with the Xbox. An I love the XBMC interface for file navigation and seeking/fast forarding etc. Simple and effective.