Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which NES bundle did you buy?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My family got the $79 set with NES, two control pads, and SMB. I still have the box and styrophome, and manual... and system of cource.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Myself I've never had an NES but I want to add something.
    Back in the day (circa 1988-89) my best friend had an NES, and was the ONLY person I knew who didn't have Super Mario.... everyone had it cause it came free with it, well untill they started packin them with Mario 3. But he still had some doozies, Super Mario 2, TMNT, Metroid and Zelda II. Point being his didn't come with Super Mario... it came with Hogan's Alley. And he is the ONLY guy I know who had that as the pack-in. Was that a real limited deal or only in certain places. Mind you when he got it it was December 1988 and he lived in Labrador Canada. If anyone could shine some light on this I appreciate it cause that has always lingered in the back of my mind.

Alex Kidd
    The Weed Of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit You Old Hag!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't seem to see my particular set mentioned...

The set we got included an NES, two controllers, gray zapper, ROB, and Gyromite and Duck Hunt on seperate carts. Some time later we bought our first seperate game for it, Legend of Zelda. Didn't get SMB until some months after that when my dad picked it up along with a bunch of other loose carts.

I'm not sure how much it cost, as I was three at the time and didn't even know what money was. All I knew was that apparently, we now owned a robot that watched my dad play video games while handling rapidly spinning discs of death, and that I was now able and encouraged to shoot the creatures that lived in my television. With a GUN.

So I thought that was pretty cool.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default My set

I received the Action Set with Mario & Duck Hunt (no Track Meet or R.O.B.) as a Christmas present. It was back in 1988 but I wouldn't remember the price since I didn't pay for it.

I'd always wondered about the orange zappers, at the time. Mine were gray, even the used ones my mother would bring home from the pawn shop she used to work at. She would come home once every month or so with a bunch of used Nintendo games, controllers and zappers (close to a dozen of those over the course of a few years). The guns I had were always gray, without fail. I only ever saw one orange gun and that belonged to a kid who lived down the street.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the Action set in 1988 when I was 10 y/o for about 180 at The Bay, earned the money myself, dammit. Grey gun for me, thank you

Locked myself in my room and played Super Mario Bros. for three days straight, and my parents, god bless them, didn't tell me to do chores or go outside even once

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I never bought a "toaster" system in the stores. The neighbor replaced his old blinking one (bought in 86) with a Power Set for Xmas 88 and gave us the old one shortly thereafter.

Had that one until Xmas 93 when my parents bought me the top loader that I still have and love. And to think I was pissed off that they didn't get me a Genesis that year. Got a used Genny the next year, BTW... which died a few years back. Life's funny sometimes.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I had the Power set with the Power Pad.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

in 1989 my family got for me the control deck version and 4 games contra. ninja gaiden . WWF Wrestlemania. Think it was for $240
    and Mario/Duckhunt free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

./quote]If your gun was orange you were a loser in my neighborhood.[/quote]

Same here.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My brother got the family the $99 NES either X-Mas 89 or 90 (I'm a bit fuzzy on the date unfortunately.)

Oh...I think I had the orange gun (not even sure if I knew the gray one existed until a couple years ago...of course I may have had the gray zapper and just don't remember.)
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i either got my Action set when i was 4 in x-mas of 89 or when i was 5 in feb 90....

x-mas is more likely but i am not positive

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker
    Don't seem to see my particular set mentioned...

The set we got included an NES, two controllers, gray zapper, ROB, and Gyromite and Duck Hunt on seperate carts. Some time later we bought our first seperate game for it, Legend of Zelda. Didn't get SMB until some months after that when my dad picked it up along with a bunch of other loose carts.
    This was my same scenario, except for the Super Mario part. I didn't get it till years later. I would just borrow it from my friends.
    Viva la raza, y los putos que quieran pedo, que se metan el pinche dedo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I guess my mom got me the basic set for $79.00. So it was *79.00, eh? I always wondered what it cost.

Of course, I really didn't need anything more than that. I just really wanted to play Super Mario Bros.

What a joyous morning it was, too. Not only did my Mom get the NES, but she took it upon herself to pick out another game for me to play. Something she figured I would like. Something that would appeal to her beloved son.

What game did she get, you ask??

Oh, hell yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The action set with Grey Zapper for Christmas of "87 I believe. I was 7 so that should be right. Anyway if I remember correctly got a few more games with it but for some reason my brain isn't letting me think of them right now :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

control deck version here in christmas for 1986 i really wanted the deluxe set but it was all sold out so had to settle down for the control deck version with super mario bros. it was $79.99 bought it at Raley's yeah the food store here in cali lol at that time in Lodi, CA then got Goonies II and some other games ... legend of zelda and more ..

yea i remember stinger being the most lowest priced game it was about $19.99 when it first came out ... still a good game !!!