Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Default (360)Oblivion question.

Im stuck on a couple quests (near the beginning), first one is the stolen painting quest. I found the painting in the trap door talked to everybody(i think) I was suppose to talk to and now I am stuck it is not pointing me in any direction I should go. The second one is the rat quest where you have to save the rats in the ladies basement and then follow quill-weaver around because the rat lady thinks she is doing something at night. I know there are a bunch of walkthroughs on the net, but I hope you guys can help me out quick.
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: (360)Oblivion question.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie6925
    Im stuck on a couple quests (near the beginning), first one is the stolen painting quest. I found the painting in the trap door talked to everybody(i think) I was suppose to talk to and now I am stuck it is not pointing me in any direction I should go. The second one is the rat quest where you have to save the rats in the ladies basement and then follow quill-weaver around because the rat lady thinks she is doing something at night. I know there are a bunch of walkthroughs on the net, but I hope you guys can help me out quick.
    Thanks
    You need to hide from quill-weaver until she places something down, then confront her about it.

The stolen painting quest is a search for clues. Look in the afro-coolio chicks desks, for some painting supplies, and check out the carpets in some of the rooms, one of them has footprints...

A small tip before you get them in trouble... think about the story first, and decide for yourself if this person did something wrong, or really just loved the guy and wanted a keepsake, you get a choice to turn that person in, or keep what they did a secret..

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default huh...

I never could find those painting supplies...drove me nuts. Thanks.

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Hey nik,
    Thanks for the tips on the painting quest the quill-weave one I have to do over she dropped the meat after I arrived to do that quest so Ill have to wait a while and catch her in the act

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Howie6925
    Hey nik,
    Thanks for the tips on the painting quest the quill-weave one I have to do over she dropped the meat after I arrived to do that quest so Ill have to wait a while and catch her in the act
    Make sure you are hiding, if she see's you she won't do it.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wait wait wait!!!

These guys are half right.

Concerning Quill Weave. If she ABSOLUTELY isn't in town, she's visiting her lesbian friend who lives beside the church.....WAY over in Chorrol. I've played through the game four times and on the last time through I could NOT find her for the life of me. My quest indicator kept showing me Chorrol....so I figured what the hell...and fast travelled to Chorrol. Sure enough, there she was, inside a house.

The cool thing was that after waiting an eternity for her to decide to end her visit, I actually "sneaked" behind her as she walked all the way home across the map!! My sneak was close to maxed by the time we arrived, but it took a VERY long time since the NPCs walk slowly. She completed the rat task as soon as we entered town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    Wait wait wait!!!

These guys are half right.

Concerning Quill Weave. If she ABSOLUTELY isn't in town, she's visiting her lesbian friend who lives beside the church.....WAY over in Chorrol. I've played through the game four times and on the last time through I could NOT find her for the life of me. My quest indicator kept showing me Chorrol....so I figured what the hell...and fast travelled to Chorrol. Sure enough, there she was, inside a house.

The cool thing was that after waiting an eternity for her to decide to end her visit, I actually "sneaked" behind her as she walked all the way home across the map!! My sneak was close to maxed by the time we arrived, but it took a VERY long time since the NPCs walk slowly. She completed the rat task as soon as we entered town.
    Er.. half right?

She might visit her freind but he's smart enough to check his indicator, and he's already seen her in town, didn't you read the above posts???

If she is not in town yet, just "wait" a few hours, until the corresponding quest time, kind of a waste of time to sneak behind her the whole time she walks the whole map, your sneak is only needed when she is behind the house she places the meat at.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

She's actually out of town for a few days, not hours. And it's worth it if you want your sneak maxed in a sort of easy way. There are so many variables at work in this game that nothing is scripted in stone. Each time through the game is possibly different. I've seen some pretty cool random things. Guards beating the shit out of each other is always a shock to watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    She's actually out of town for a few days, not hours. And it's worth it if you want your sneak maxed in a sort of easy way. There are so many variables at work in this game that nothing is scripted in stone. Each time through the game is possibly different. I've seen some pretty cool random things. Guards beating the shit out of each other is always a shock to watch.
    Yup, same here, and there is a much easier way to get your sneak up...

If you have not done the Dark Brotherhood questline yet, if you go to the room where the old man is at the Dark Omen inn, and you sneak in his room, your sneak will keep increasing since he does not leave, just lop the controller to one side and leave the room, periodically checking to turn off the screen saver...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

I have not done that quest yet(dartkbrother on you talked about), but I kind of gave up on the quil-weave quest for a while and started some of the very beginning quests like the getting the fish scales.