Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Game Stop Noob story!

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another Game Stop Noob story!

Long story short, I bought a Gameboy Advance SP from GameCrazy for my fiance's birthday with a copy of Yoshi Topsy Turvy, gave it to her, went to dinner and then asked her if she wanted to check Game stop to see their game selection, she said Yeah. Before we went to GS we stopped in Target and checked out their games as well and saw SM Advance 4 Mario 3 new for 29.99, we checked on a few more games then went to GS. We got to Gamestop and it was busy and cluttered as usual and there were two or three employees we went to the counter and saw a loose copy of Mario Advance 4 Mario 3 with no price on it and asked how much it costed because she really wanted it. He checked it out and said 29.99, I'm told him that's rediculous and a ripoff. He responds no it's not, it's a really rare game, I told him no it's not Target has like three copies new in stock for the same price
    Now he gets this dry rude tone to his voice

.......it's rare for us very few people will ever trade it in to us....

I told him it's still a ripoff (I was being polite BTW) he then goes in the same voice

...the used one's a better deal.....
    ...you get $3 off with you GS card....

I told him three bucks is nothing I'd rather have a new one for that price.

He then walks away and starts findind a game for another customer and keeps babbling on and on.

...it's a better deal....
    ...we have 7 day guarantee...
    ...if it's defective we can return it for you money back and you can get a different game...
    ...if you buy it from Target and it's defective you own it and it's your problem...

I then repeated once again, "it's still overpriced and a ripoff!"

Finally he walked back to me and now acting like a jerk he said "then go over there and buy it!"

The whole time he was babbling on and on my fiance was telling me "Doug, I don't know anything about games but I know this guy is being a jerk." I'm like lets leave this is a waste of time.

I wasn't mad at the employee, I didn't want him to lower the price I know it was set, but I was pretty disgusted with snooty attitude and him trying to BS me into buying a severely overpriced game. It seems to happen a lot now with Game stop staff, they won't even make friendly talk with you at any location and they are 100% morons as far as games go and they pretend to know everything, and that urks me to no end. That is why I shop at Game Crazy now.

Just a week or so a close friend of mine went to another Game Stop in my area to buy a copy of Zelda Windwaker. He found two cases on the wall with manuals included, he took it and one other game up to the counter and was ready to purchase them and cashier pulled out both games from under the counter and neither had manuals and said you have to buy these two copies. He then said I want the manuals with them you have multiple copies of each and I want complete ones, the cashier said no, you have to buy these two, my friend stared at him for a minute or so then the cashier said (like a complete moron)

...wellllll yurrr nott gonna buy these then?.....

No I don't want the loose ones I want complete ones

... Okay, fine....

He walked out of the store and was pretty disgusted because he knew there was several copies there but the cashier was like trying to sell all of the clutter and excess loose games out, needless to say my friend got treated pretty badly.

I rarely go into a stop anymore they have nothing useful and the exployees are just usually jerks and not at all polite. What are your experiences as of late, have most of you given up on the stop too?
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's it?

(EDIT: Ah, in before the edit!)
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess the moral is, if you think it is overpriced, don't buy it.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol i witnessed an EB manager throw an xbox at a customer, hows that for customer service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IF the price isnt right, then dont buy it and dont complain to the workers...they dont determine the price of the items

This is a kevin_psx-esque story x_x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't try to complain, all I said is that is way overpriced. I wanted to leave it at that, he just went on and on trying to push the game on me, he was acting like he was working on commission and it was his first day there. I really wanted to tell him to shut up but I was tired and not in the mood for a war.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can definately attest to the GS staff being snottyer than usual lately.

Just recently I bought a used copy of Breath of Fire II from there for the GBA for $14.99. I get home, play the game, save, pull the cart out and come back to it later to find out my save is gone. I do this three more times all with the same result.

So I bring the game back to GS and wait at the counter for about 3 minutes while the clerks 4 feet away ignore me because their busy complaining about another customer even after I say "excuse me" to them.

Finally I get a clerk, tell him the game doesn't work, he tests it, the game turns on, he tells me it's fine. I then say
    "No, the battery is shot, it won't save games, try it out if you wish." He says "OK" and stares at me. I ask him for a refund and he continues to stare at me. I ask him for a refund again and they both give a dirty look and finally give me my money back.

I wasn't rude in anyway to these people and I certainly didn't appreciate their attitude toward me when I asked for my money back.

Needless to say I don't plan on going to a GS in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by suppafly
    IF the price isnt right, then dont buy it and dont complain to the workers...they dont determine the price of the items
    Couldn't agree more.

I can understand telling the emplyee that you can buy it cheaper somewhere else to see if they will beat it but after he says no leave it at that. Just my two cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah ain't it crappy how they shove that 7 day no hassle return policy down you throat to get you to buy the game, then when there's a problem they throw a fit about it and act like jerks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can understand about shoddy customer servuce, but isn't stating that a game is overpriced kinda ... well complaining?
    Formerly letsallgameon

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems like if you had just said 'Wow, the sealed copy is cheaper, I'll go buy that' and walked away, you would've been fine. You were obviously egging the guy on by repeating 'its a rip-off!' and he was sick of it. I know if I was in his position with a customer telling me the prices of games that were beyond my control were a rip off over and over, I'd probably get a little more annoyed quicker. The guy was trying to do his job, and that is to sell videogames to people that want them.

Also, the GS employees at my local shop are pretty cool. One time I wanted a used copy of a PS2 game, and I asked to see all the copies they had. The guy brought all 4 or 5 out and laid them all out. I looked through all of them and got the best condition stuff (that wasn't greatest hits) and all he said, jokingly, was 'Oh, you're one of them?' I laughed and responded 'Yeah, I am' and he said he does the same thing when he gets something.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Another Game Stop Noob story!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy
    We got to Gamestop and it was busy and cluttered as usual and there were two or three employees
    It seems to happen a lot now with Game stop staff, they won't even make friendly talk with you
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Eh, I've had a wide variety of experiences with Gamestop employees, and all from the same store! Some of them are rude and snotty, while others appear genuinely friendly and helpful, even going so far to check and see if they have manuals tucked away somewhere.

Of course, in my experience these stores seem to cycle through employees pretty quickly. If you don't like a person that works there, chances are he'll be gone in a few months anyway.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

I just went to the GS across from the parks mall in Arlington, TX, because of this thread to see for myself if this is true.

I haven't been there in a long time and they were kinda rude. They just act like no-it-alls and consider you subhuman. I'd like to shove my Ph.D. dissertation in their faces so we could compare brain power, but I decided THEY were the subhumans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Damn, glad I don't work at EB anymore.

I hated people like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by VACRMH
    Damn, glad I don't work at EB anymore.

I hated people like you.
    I'm glad you don't either :P

GS used to be OK to go to but now I wonder about that seeing all the complaints here.

On a related question, how is gamecrazy compared to GS or EB??

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Topic creator sounds like an asshat.

Why complain to the employee when he can't do anything about it? It accomplishes nothing. It sounds like you were just trying to provoke him, and you kept arguing with him. It sounds to me like you're the noob. That's real mature to keep continuing a pointless argument.

Maybe if you didn't troll GameStop employees they would be nicer with you. I've never had a problem with a GS or an EB employee.

P.S.: I've never had a problem with the 7-day return policy. I returned a game once, and I was only asked a single question: Why? I just said it was giving me disc read errors, and the employee gave me a refund.

In fact, my GameStop used to have a 90-day return policy. Returned a game something like 80 days in for defective issues (I buy tons of games but don't get to play them all for a while), with no hassles.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm....why say anything at all?

To echo a post above, in the time you spent standing there arguing with the employee you could've gone and bought the new copy elsewhere.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I have never liked Gamestop. They do very shady business and its a shame that EB is run by them now.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Of course they're evil - they want YOUR MONEY. :P

I don't like the store so much. They have some very expensive prices... but they're okay for other things. I've bought Gamestop branded accessories and haven't had a problem with them at all.

Though... they wanted $40 for a GB game. Just... no. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic