LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyone
    The only experiences I have had there were.

I bought the TMNT trilogy dvds for my nephew for christmas, the manager (no longer working there) gave my girlfriend the dvds. We wrap them up. Christmas morn and my nephew rips them open. I am busy opening my own packages and he says "ha ha very funny" I question this, and walk over there. The cases were empty. We did go back and get them though. It twas quite humorous.

and this didn't happen to me, but I was in there one day and some 13 year oldish kid brought in his n64 for trade. The girl at the counter was looking it over, and then got this odd look on her face. She looks at the kid angrily and then asks "Why does the n64 smell like chicken?" or "why does it smell like you stuck chicken in your n64?" (one of those two, I forget how she worded it) I had to leave due to laughing.
    Now that is just weird.
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You never gave us the punchline......

SO WHY DOES THE N64 SMELL LIKE CHICKEN?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyfried

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know. :) I mean, I'd bust out laughing too, but I'd at least stick around long enough to hear the answer, hehe.

Anyway, while I rarely shop at GameStops, I've been to enough to know it's a real mixed bag when it comes to employees. In fact, I went to one last summer that was just great. It had the best PlayStation selection I've seen in a GameStop in a LONG time, and most of them were complete and in good condition. The guys were really friendly and complimented me on the selection of games I had picked out (mostly RPGs). Although, they joked about Punky Skunk, and I explained that I was just getting it because it was rare and they agreed that they almost never get it in. I asked them about the condition of the discs, and they explained how they were generally all really good and wouldn't take something in that they personally wouldn't buy. Then when I got home, I saw that all the discs were practically flawless.

So don't give up hope on nice GameStop employees. :) On the flip side, don't expect independent stores to necessarily have better customer service. One of my favorite independent stores had some of the biggest jerks for employees (but they also had some cool ones so it came down to luck of the draw of who was there when I went).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

I've never had any problems with Gamestop othet then one time when I found "Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door" for $35, but it was only $10 at a pawn shop, but instead of creating a big scene with "You idiot! Teh Peper Mario shuldn't be $35! Total ripoff!!!!1!1oneoneone1!", I just left quietly, went to the pawn shop, bught Paper Mario, and got on with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster Sam
    Flea Markets will also overprice some games as well. I was at one last year, and some guy was selling Secret of Mana (cart only) for $54!! And Contra III: Alien Wars (SNES - cart only) was $18.
    That reminds me of a Goodwill I went to. They had a copy of Madden 2001 for PC for (Wait for it).............
    50 FREAKING DOLLERS!? WTF?
    That's insane, but I feel sorry for whoever actuly bought it at that price!

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx
    I've been noticing in recent months that the generic blue case games are starting to outnumber the complete copies by a wider and wider margain and some employees seem to have a hard time grasping that while I may be looking for a game, I'm not going to buy an incomplete copy of it.
    I've noticed Disc Only games becoming more common then the complete stuff. However, I do admit I bought Wild Arms 2 (Discs Only), but that's the only Disc Only game I'm buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBOTNIK666
    The reason I don't go to Gamestop any more is because of this sign I saw on one of the shelves:

AS OF JUNE 1st, GAMESTOP WILL NO LONGER BE SELLING PLAYSTATION 1 OR NINTENDO 64 GAMES
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

You're not welcome!
    Actually its that they wont be BUYING them anymore but they will still sell through the rest of the games they have, it will probably be condensed to less stores like the SNES and Genny games were.
    Yeah, they have stopped taking in N64 amd PSX stuff for Trade in, but one problem:

They are packing up all the Nintendo 64 and PlayStation stuff and sending it off to other Gamestops!
    That's why I bought a 2-discs only copy of Wild Arms 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Double Post...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBOTNIK666
    The reason I don't go to Gamestop any more is because of this sign I saw on one of the shelves:

AS OF JUNE 1st, GAMESTOP WILL NO LONGER BE SELLING PLAYSTATION 1 OR NINTENDO 64 GAMES
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

You're not welcome!
    Actually its that they wont be BUYING them anymore but they will still sell through the rest of the games they have, it will probably be condensed to less stores like the SNES and Genny games were.
    Yeah, they have stopped taking in N64 amd PSX stuff for Trade in, but one problem:

They are packing up all the Nintendo 64 and PlayStation stuff and sending it off to other Gamestops!
    That's why I bought a 2-discs only copy of Wild Arms 2
    Yeah it makes me pretty happy though, we got literally over a 1000 PSX games in in the past week and a half and a few dozen N64 games. Just too bad all stores dont have great standards on trade-ins.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man there aint gonna be too many places that carry oldies now, Game Crazy and the Music Recyclery for me, if I wanna drive Sean's store is an hour away. Game Stop why did you have to do that?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

I don't think he ever said anything.. he was just kind of dumbfounded. I would probably be too if I were 12 and some adult woman asked why my video game system/cartridge slot smelled like chicken.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

To get to the other side!

I just had an EB Games experience yesterday. I found Syberia II, new, for $10. I've no idea if this is a particularly rare game or if this is a good price, but I've never seen the Xbox version of it when I've gone shopping before so I thought I'd pick it up.

After playing a little Guitar Hero, they mention that I could reserve GH2 (due out in October) and I say oh, yeah, I'll finallyhave a reason to order a second guitar which they then tell me for the first time I'll be able to buy a second guitar in July. I'm a little surprised because redoctane.com has been selling them since January (at least). Anyway, that's not the point of my story, that was the nice part of the visit.

Then they give me my "new" copy of Syberia II. The disc has a large and obvious finger print on it. Not a "fingertip" print, this is the whole fricken digit. He had offered me the game guarrantee and I had said "but it's new". After looking at the disc I said, "This isn't new it has a finger print on it" his only response was, "well, that's not my finger print!" I said he was completly missing the point and decided not to waste my time any further.

I like browsing in game stores, really, but damn I hate actually buying anything there.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To tell you the truth, I kinda sounds like it was YOUR fault. GameStop employees do have the personallity/intelligence of a carpet mat, but I mean, come on; they're all probably just a bunch of retarded college kids trying to make ends meet. The least you could do is cut him some slack and just plain-ol' leave if you don't like their prices.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really don't think it matters what store you shop in. Could be GS, could be Jiffy Lube, could be Menards. More than likely you'll run into some shithead with the customer service skills of a stapler. Most people I run into at the consumer level go to work with the attitude that you should kiss their ass because they're working retail. I don't mean to say that anyone on the boards here that works at GS, EB wherever are shmucks, I don't know any of them nor had any experience with them that I know of, so please don't be offended by my generalization of customer service. I just can't go a week without needing to take a deep breath when I buy/return something because of the assclown behind the counter.

A year or so ago when GameCrazy was thinning out their N64 inventory at $5 a pop I bought a bunch. I probably had 40-45 carts stacked up ready to buy when I saw Mario Party 3. He asked me if I wanted to buy whatever the discount card is called. I asked if it would apply to what I was buying then and he said no. So I decided not to buy it. I asked him again if I could get the Mario Party 3 and he said no. Not unless I bought the stupid card. I didn't want it, nor did I feel like being extorted into buying so I said no, bought my shit and left. Just some jackass who happens to work at GameCrazy. Has nothing to do with the specific store, he's just an unimportant little twit who needs to get people to buy extra shit, and feels it's appropriate to act like that.

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last week I found a PS2 game I wanted and took it to the counter. The game I brought up to the counter was complete with instruction manual and all.

The clerk had taken a while figuring out how to work out the transaction properly, since it involved a return on a Buy 2 Get 1 Free transaction. After he finally came up with a solution and rang me up, he puts the complete case and manual on the back counter and hands me the game in a sleeve.

I had a bewildered look and hesitated to take it from him. Since he knew I was a regular and friends of a couple of current employees, and knowing the transaction process had been lengthy, he read my look, turned around and gave me the complete copy.

Looks like it's their policy to get rid of the disc only copies out first, cause he did by instinct.

What I'm trying to say is if they see you enough, most of the time they'll be friendlier and hook you up with better service.

It's hard for me to build up that type of relationship with non-local Gamestops, but I shouldn't expect to since I don't see them regularly.

Additionally, one should only expect to receive what they have put in themselves. If you're friendly, most likely you'll get a friendly response. If you put in hostility, you'll be eating some of that humble pie.
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by christhegamer
    To tell you the truth, I kinda sounds like it was YOUR fault. GameStop employees do have the personallity/intelligence of a carpet mat, but I mean, come on; they're all probably just a bunch of retarded college kids trying to make ends meet. The least you could do is cut him some slack and just plain-ol' leave if you don't like their prices.
    So I have the personality (That's the correct spelling unlike what you put in your post) /intelligence of a carpet mat?

I'm also retarded?

Yea, thanks. Hope you don't come into my store. I don't want anyone going "I WANT FINAL... FAN-TA-SY? FIN-AL FAN-TA-SY? YOU UNDERSTAND?" because I'd probably hit you.

ChronoTrigger: That guy must have been new, gut copies are supposed to be given out last, as are gutted copies of new games.

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kuros
    ChronoTrigger: That guy must have been new, gut copies are supposed to be given out last, as are gutted copies of new games.
    He's not so new. Been there for a few months. That was the first time in my 8 years since I've been collecting and buying at Gamestop that has happened to me. When I made that statement, I was thinking that it was perhaps a new change that came along with the merger with EB since it also happened to vintagegamecrazy's friend as well. Thankfully, as you confirmed, its not.
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow. Okay. I am going to ASSume that everyone knows about this site:

http://www.gamestopfeedback.com/

Feedback whether good or bad, usually ends up in the district manager's inbox. All you need is your receipt. If you ever receive poor customer service, call:

1-800-883-8895

They will send a message to the District Manager, who then will take care of the situation.

Stop bitching on an online forum, and actually take action!

-GAC-
    #vbender

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler

Feedback whether good or bad, usually ends up in the district manager's inbox. All you need is your receipt. If you ever receive poor customer service, call:

1-800-883-8895

They will send a message to the District Manager, who then will take care of the situation.

-GAC-
    then what do I do if I didn't buy anything? I went to an EB the other day to take advantage of the buy two get one free deal, but I ended up tossing the games I wanted to buy up on the counter and walking out after getting fed up with the employees. Thus I have no receipt.

Chris

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler

1-800-883-8895

-GAC-
    then what do I do if I didn't buy anything? I went to an EB the other day to take advantage of the buy two get one free deal, but I ended up tossing the games I wanted to buy up on the counter and walking out after getting fed up with the employees. Thus I have no receipt.

Chris
    Call the number above. All you need is the employee's name, exact store location, date of incident, and incident description.
    #vbender

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irata
    Most people I run into at the consumer level go to work with the attitude that you should kiss their ass because they're working retail.
    And i can say that in my time working to help keep the customers happy i've ran into my share of customers that come in with the attitude that you should kiss thier ass because you're working retail.

I can say that shitty customers far outnumber shitty employees.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't like gamestop either, except for the one closest to me. My friends and I are friends with the manager, and we get treated quite nicely, and with respect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, here's my experience with the local game stores here in Denver:

GameStop: I haven't had too many problems with them, but I don't make them a regular stop unless I'm in an area with one. Only because the oldest they carry is PS1, although my last stop in one resulted in the luck find of Namco Museum Volume 2 for $20.

EB Games: Same thing, I only really stop in one because I'm in the area already. The only one I've stepped into has been at Southwest Plaza here.

GameCrazy: Had a really bad experience, although the staff was really helpful about it, where I had to go through 4 copies of one game to get a good one without an unremovable sticker peeling away the mylar. Not terribly keen to go back in after that. Actually sells games as old as SNES and Genesis, last I checked.

GameForce: The mecca of the old-school gamer. Many of them stock as old as Atari 2600. I've had really good experiences at both the corporate owned and independent franchises.

GameExchange (Colorado Springs): Again, they go really old. Most old consoles I've seen in a game store, and some of the most esoteric. Not an often trip, but worth the journey.

Play 'n' Trade: Somewhere between GameCrazy and GameForce, I've only seen them as far north as Castle Rock. SNES and Genesis appears to be the oldest they carry, but worth a look if I'm in Colorado Springs already.

The main problem I've been encountering is that the used controller market in Denver appears to be drying up, at least with the used game stores.
    "I've not seen such bravery!"