Thread: Resolved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Resolved

Thanks for the replies.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you emailed him? A lot of these problems can be solved over email. I'd be happy with a refund of half the difference in shipping cost. If that doesn't work, threaten a chargeback. An actual Paypal chargeback won't work (unless you pull the dickish move of saying the item never arrived). The best possible result of a Paypal chargeback is you return the item on your dollar and then you get a refund for the total original payment.

This is all assuming he actually states something like "Shipping/handling will be $30 for Priority Mail" (not slightly vaguer terms) in the auction iteself. Remember, most sellers do charge handling fees, but $25 is a bit much.
    ________
    Genetically modified food
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Default Re: I paid $30.00 for Priority, he mailed Media for $4.76

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Dave
    I won an ebay lot and paid $30 for Priorty Mail. It was CLEARLY stated. He sent Media Mail for $4.76.

Is this something I can file a claim on through Paypal or do I just have to suck it the fuck up?

Dave
    I'll probably take heat for suggesting this, but I would claim to never have recieved the item. That kind of overcharge on shipping is ridiculous. And the only way for the selling party to prove that he shipped it is if he saved the reciept, but that would expose him as a fraud for shipping media when he said he was shipping priority. Hate to pull a kevin_psx here, but I would file a chargeback if you can't work something out with him. Basically, say you never recieved it, and then what can he do? "Well, I sent it media mail so it might not have gotten there yet." Then you can tell him that he needs to refund you $25. As long as he refuses to do so, continue to claim that the item has not arrived. If he agrees and gives you your money back, then all of a sudden "Oh look at what just arrived today." All I am saying is that I wouldn't take that kind of shit.

Chris

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    Hate to pull a kevin_psx here,...
    And then, a new term was coined.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Dave
    I won an ebay lot and paid $30 for Priorty Mail. It was CLEARLY stated. He sent Media Mail for $4.76.

Is this something I can file a claim on through Paypal or do I just have to suck it the fuck up?

Dave
    Can we have a link or the seller's name? So that we may avoid purchasing from him/her/it.
    Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And the only way for the selling party to prove that he shipped it is if he saved the reciept,
    Actually, just a postal receipt will NOT save you from any type of chargeback, Paypal or actual CC. It is not proof of shipment, and any postal clerk will tell you the same. You need a DC or similar tracking number.

I agree with your chargeback post to a point, but that basically means you can't try to solve it diplomatically. You can't say "Hey, you overcharged me on shipping $25 and only shipped it media mail!" then later say "I never got the item" in a Paypal chargeback. He can simply forward your emails saying the item arrived (albeit via a different method, but that's not what the dispute will be about) to Paypal and they can rule in his favor. You can't file two chargebacks on the same transaction, so I would consider if you think he'll work with you, or if he won't.
    ________
    Uhwh warehouse
    Last edited by ryborg; 05-08-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, now that I went back over my records, I do not believe this package showed up yet.

Heh, time for a Paypal dispute.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

If you paid with a credit card, then I would try to work it out with him first. You could always even threaten to chargeback if he doesn't refund you the balance. However aknowledging that you received the item and then trying to get a refund through paypal if you paid with a balance or bank account, may not work.

We should really ask kevin_psx for some advice on this one, I bet he could help with his past experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should do some kevin_psx-ing and file all kind of complaints you can to: paypal, ebay, postal service, fbi, cia, and all others you can think of

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Wow, what a dick. The seller, I mean!

Yeah, I think you need to complain. A receipt will not be enough to prove he shipped it, so unless the package has Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation on it, he has no way of proving that the item was shipped at all.

I wouldn't go so far as to claim the item never arrived, but I would ask for the excess money you paid for shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0
    We should really ask kevin_psx for some advice on this one,
    OH GAWD!.. NO we shouldn't.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorch56
    Why not? Im pretty sure he can give him some good tips.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...201&highlight=

He's already addressed this one sort of.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg
    And the only way for the selling party to prove that he shipped it is if he saved the reciept,
    Actually, just a postal receipt will NOT save you from any type of chargeback, Paypal or actual CC. It is not proof of shipment, and any postal clerk will tell you the same. You need a DC or similar tracking number.

I agree with your chargeback post to a point, but that basically means you can't try to solve it diplomatically. You can't say "Hey, you overcharged me on shipping $25 and only shipped it media mail!" then later say "I never got the item" in a Paypal chargeback. He can simply forward your emails saying the item arrived (albeit via a different method, but that's not what the dispute will be about) to Paypal and they can rule in his favor. You can't file two chargebacks on the same transaction, so I would consider if you think he'll work with you, or if he won't.
    First, I am saying that he should try to solve the situation diplomatically. Keep your finger on the "chargeback" trigger, but don't pull it. Second, I am absolutely saying that at no time should he EVER admit that he received the item. I am saying that he should approach the seller by informing him that his item has not yet arrived, and it should have since it was shipped priority. Then wait to see what the seller says. Basically the seller can only say three things at that point:

1. I shipped the item X days ago. I don't know why you have not yet recieved it.

2. I have not had a chance to ship the item yet.

3. Actually, I shipped the item media mail so it's somewhere between here and there.

if he pulls number 1, then you take the stance that the item would have arrived by now, so you are going to file a chargeback. If he tries number two, then you can just urge him to please ship it ASAP (which will start a game with him in which he is lying but does not know that you know that he is lying and you will have to keep playing his game and bug him regularly until he reverts to response #1), and if he fesses up and responds with #3 then you can address the issue directly and ask for a partial refund of shipping charges. But at no time do you ever admit to having recieved the item.

Some people will call this shady and dishonest, but sometimes you have to think like a crook to catch a crook. I say that if all else fails, file a chargeback, get your money back, and then send him back the item (media mail, of course) saying that you recieved it after the fact. Yes, you will be out $5 for shipping charges, but then at least you will not be a thief. It is not fair to file a chargeback but then keep the item, in my opinion.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you even emailed the seller yet about this? If not then that should have been your first step, not post a thread about it on a public forum.

If you have and he isn't willing to work with you your next step should be to contact both eBay and PayPal and see what they'll do for you. I know that most here will say that neither will be helpful but you have to at least make an effort and try.

Finally, if that doesn't get you anywhere's I'd personally just leave him a negative and move on. Honestly, you got the item and you agreed to pay $30 for shipping. It's not as if it cost you any more money then you originally planned for it to.

Lying to PayPal and claiming that you never received the package is even more lame in my opinion than what the seller pulled on you. BTW, did the seller spring for delivery confirmation on your package? I'd be very sure of this before you claim to PayPal that you never received it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scooby105
    Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Quote Originally Posted by scorch56
    Why not? Im pretty sure he can give him some good tips.
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...201&highlight=

He's already addressed this one sort of.
    WELL.. there you go.. right there. Do you really want to get him started.. again.. right HERE? Most of us are probably wishing he'd stay in his own threads for now. What's the best instrument for gouging your eyes out?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im good friends with my postman if it were me I would report him to the postal service for using the media mail if it was video games you received. Or get in contact with the post office he mailed from and he wouldnt be able to use media mail anymore....Or tell him you are going to report him for mail fraud.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some people will call this shady and dishonest, but sometimes you have to think like a crook to catch a crook.
    You mean like pretending to be a 15-yr-old girl to catch pedophiles? Yeah if a little lying is what it takes to catch a crook so be it.

Call paypal & see if they'll give a $20 courtesy credit

If not then file an online dispute for 'item not as described' saying it was damaged / doesn't work & you'd like a partial $20 refund.

File seller non-performance (failing to meet terms of auction)