Thread: The ESA to sue the State of Oklahoma

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default The ESA to sue the State of Oklahoma

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exere...B51C4C097B.htm

This happened after the state passed a law that starting Nov. 1st to make it illegal for retailers to display, rent, or sell games which contain inappropriate violence.

The president of the ESA with him said the following: "We hope that sooner or later state legislators and candidates will stop trying to seek headlines by subverting the constitution and frittering away desperately needed taxpayer dollars and instead enter into a constructive partnership to educate parents about the tools available so they, not government, can raise their kids as they see fit".

I agree with The President of the ESA.

What that state did is crap. My brother played Mortal Kombat when was 11 years old with me. My dad rented it and my mom thought it okay sense we knew right from wrong and my parents always had a watchful eye on us. Since then he never comitted a crime and I never did either. What I mention with my brother if a kid has the parenting we had this crime on video game crap wouldn't be happening.

I didn't like the fact they are punishing gamers over the age of 18 with this law.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Default Re: The ESA to sue the State of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz
    http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/70377048-5439-43A5-A370-FAB51C4C097B.htm

This happened after the state passed a law that starting Nov. 1st to make it illegal for retailers to display, rent, or sell games which contain inappropriate violence.

The president of the ESA with him said the following: "We hope that sooner or later state legislators and candidates will stop trying to seek headlines by subverting the constitution and frittering away desperately needed taxpayer dollars and instead enter into a constructive partnership to educate parents about the tools available so they, not government, can raise their kids as they see fit".

I agree with The President of the ESA.

What that state did is crap. My brother played Mortal Kombat when was 11 years old with me. My dad rented it and my mom thought it okay sense we knew right from wrong and my parents always had a watchful eye on us. Since then he never comitted a crime and I never did either. What I mention with my brother if a kid has the parenting we had this crime on video game crap wouldn't be happening.

I didn't like the fact they are punishing gamers over the age of 18 with this law.
    ...Yeah, that's stupid! Why prevent people from buying something they are old enough to buy?

Also, it's not video games causing kids to commit crimes, it's the fact most parents are just stupid.