Thread: TCR Video Sport 900 PC?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default TCR Video Sport 900 PC?

I found this system on Gamerland.com. I wondered if anyone had any information on it.

Here's the entry:
    http://gamerland.com/systems/cgi-bin...tem.cgi?id=145

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The cartridges almost certainly contain the GI chip games, like many, many other systems around the globe. I don't suppose you have pictures of the unit and/or carts do you?
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just found this by accident in a search but I stumbled across one of these today boxed and complete AFAIK. Slapdash wanted pictures and he will get his wish eight years later. This appears to be a U.S.A. released PC-50x family console. There's no processor on the board of the system and it also has 10 switch positions with A-J and similar cartridges too. I can't find anything about this otherwise on the net other than a mention or two of it even existing so it has to be nothing less than uber rare! If any of you can do some research and shed some light on this it would be awesome.

Unfortunately I can't get this working properly. I put it on channel 3 just as the TV says and barely get any more than fuzzy haze letting me no nothing more than that the thing is powering up. On top of that it looks like it was all hand soldered and is incredibly chintzy in quality and the controller cases are badly broken and would require a ton of work to repair which I don't know if I want to undertake if I can't get the system working first.

I don't know anything more than that so please help out if you can. This is probably going to be one of my coolest finds in a long long time even if it doesn't work at all. I found this at a Goodwill store in Arlington Heights IL at about 3PM for $6.99 and someone had been playing with it as it had been laying around the furniture section and taken out of the box and laying around so I was lucky to have caught this out of the corner of my eye.

Here goes with the pictures!

\

If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Strawberry (Level 2) FrankSerpico's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good to see the ever important Gridball demographic was being catered to back then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The second shot of the manual... Internet, inc? I'm amazed some patent troll hasn't bought up the legal rights to that company and sued everybody who's ever used the word "internet" before. Think of the payout!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    The second shot of the manual... Internet, inc? I'm amazed some patent troll hasn't bought up the legal rights to that company and sued everybody who's ever used the word "internet" before. Think of the payout!
    I see no mark registration symbol near the name, so no free trademark funs for you, young man!

@ the device in question: I wonder what those series resistors do. And yeah, no CPU...would there even be space inside the cartridges to hardwire some solid-state logic for the games? That stuff doesn't take much space, but it's hard to tell what the production quality on this was...maybe there's more to it than meets the eye (and they were saving on labor costs, big time).