Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The annoying thing about collecting PSX games...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vahn401
    thing that ticked me off about ps1 games is the dual disc cases, especially the 4-disc ones. If you broke the the black middle part, its not easy finding replacements.
    We should put a digital press bounty out to find some sort of distibutor for replacement multiple-CD cases, like the kinds used for US PSX releases.

The thing is, you can easily find replacement cases for 2-disc games, where the middle black part holds no CDs.... but the trick is finding 3 disc cases or 4 disc cases. If you were replacing the case for, say, Parasite Eve, you would only want one side of the black piece to have CD pegs.... the other side should be bare for the manual.

Oh also.. good luck finding replacements for the few 1-disc PSX games that came in fat cases (Suikoden... MTV Music Generator... a buncha RPGs). On one of the clear sides of the case, where a CD holder would be, is a moulded PlayStation logo. Good luck finding a replacement for that.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkar
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
    and here I thought the annoying thing about collecting PlayStation games was the fact that there was just shy of 1300 releaed titles before you go after variants, GH discs, demos, LightSpan and accessories.
    i saw this thread and opened with the intention of mentioning that very fact. Stu beat me to it.
    This leads to a whole different topic. The most annoying thing about that fact is that roughly half of them are not even worth playing. With a library that big, for every "good" game there is also a "bad" game.

When I opened the topic, I was expecting to see someone state that the most annoying thing of collecting PSX games is that they are doing it for a system made by Sony. Not my opinion, but there is a Sony-hater (or a few) on every board.
    Why would a Sony hater be collecting PS1 games? Sony is very low on my list therefore I don't even have a PS let alone collect games for it. Same with NES. Seems like a pointless endeavor, wasting time and money on a system you dislike.
    Out of necessity. I'm sure somewhere along the line, a few of the Sony haters had to buy a PS1 just to play certain games they never would have been able to. I fall into that category. I ended up with my PS1 for about $40 a few years in. Certainly wasn't going to pay full price for it.

Granted, many of the games I wanted were later reissued or rereleased on other systems. At the time, though, I was desperate to get my hands on those titles.

Same as a small number of Nintendo haters who probably bought Super NES just to play Street Fighter II (before Sega had a version of it) or some Sega haters who wanted to play Mortal Kombat on Genesis. It is not common, but happens. I know fanboys that did both of the above. Some people, like you, just have more willpower than others

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

drop it, collect NES games, its more fun.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78
    Why would a Sony hater be collecting PS1 games? Sony is very low on my list therefore I don't even have a PS let alone collect games for it. Same with NES. Seems like a pointless endeavor, wasting time and money on a system you dislike.
    While I wouldn't call myself a "Sony hater" (since the term sounds more fitting for blind anti-fanboys who would refuse to buy a system just because of its manufacturer), I do dislike Sony as a company since I think their business practices are pretty slimy, and I think their hardware is pretty shoddy (possibly on purpose just to get so many consumers to fork over their cash to buy the same system more than once).

However, that doesn't stop me from owning more games for PlayStation than any other system. It's all about the games, and more specifically, the third party games. To hell with who developed the system; it doesn't matter a hoot. And in the PlayStation's case, you could completely ignore all first-party games and still not be missing out on much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know, I was actually just complaning about that. I am lucky most of my rare games have no cracks in the case. Some how my copy of FF 7 is in prefect shape. But so many others have cracks covering them. There is a good reason for this, I never use to take care of them.

I have become a collector though so I have been taking much better care of them. I am planning on buying a much better place to put them, or even better make one.