Thread: SNES RGB Cable Mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default SNES RGB Cable Mod

I know it's a long shot..Can anyone do a Mod on the RGB Cables for the SNES for Component..I know there got to be 6 wires on the RGB Cable

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: SNES RGB Cable Mod

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania
    I know it's a long shot..Can anyone do a Mod on the RGB Cables for the SNES for Component..I know there got to be 6 wires on the RGB Cable

Once you have a rgb signal, you can definitely mod it for component, but the problem with that is, that often times the screen isn't centered correctly. This isn't that big an issue, if your TV allows you to move the screen to the left or right. But most TV's don't allow you to do that. And then everytime you move the screen to the right or the left, when you go back to watching regular TV or whatever, then you have to adjust it back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

On a similar note, what devices are there that will convert RGB signals to Component? Any at all? It may not be every gamer's wish to demolish their cords, that's why I ask. I am Intrigued into getting a television with component abilities and want to know what is needed in situations like this as well.

No means of disrespect MarioMania on cutting-in on your post, I just felt that this is similar to what I was thinking as well.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-El
    On a similar note, what devices are there that will convert RGB signals to Component? Any at all? It may not be every gamer's wish to demolish their cords, that's why I ask. I am Intrigued into getting a television with component abilities and want to know what is needed in situations like this as well.

No means of disrespect MarioMania on cutting-in on your post, I just felt that this is similar to what I was thinking as well.

You can get a custom made adapter that will allow your RGB cables to work via Component, but again, you will have centering issues. The picture will be off center to the left or right, sometimes pretty severely. So it depends on your display, can you move your screen to the left or right? If not, then you might want to go a different route. With a XRGB2+, you can use that along with the Audio Authority box, and it will convert it to component, and you can center your screen with the XRGB2+. It's a whole lotta drama, but depending on your display, maybe well worth it. Of course, I'm talking about TV's that have component that accept 480p signals.