View Poll Results: Do you also collect NES accessories?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 59.09%
  • No

9 40.91%

Thread: Anyone else into NES accessories?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone else into NES accessories?

Demand for NES accessories on eBay seems to have increased during the last several months, so I'm just curious if anyone else here is also actively going after NES accessories? If so, how's the collection getting along? Which ones would you say have been the hardest to find?

Since there doesn't seem to be any specific thread devoted to NES accessories, we could also use this thread to ask questions and discuss them in general - rarity, value, origins, etc, etc.
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't go out searching just for the accessories, but if I come across them I'll pick em up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    It's almost like a soap opera where you think that everyone cares about how Kevin's adventures on eBayland goes from day to day.

There's a place for semi-regular posts like your's Kevin, it's called a diary or a blog.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not really a heavy collector of accessories, but i will try to get every official NES accessories that was released in Europe. Do you have a list?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Not really a heavy collector of accessories, but i will try to get every official NES accessories that was released in Europe. Do you have a list?
    With official, do you mean first party accessories (four score, zapper, etc) or any licensed accessories (i.e. Acclaim Remote Controller, etc)?

As for a list, I've got a ton of data accumulated for a potential accessory guide/book project that I'm likely going to work on during the summer, but I don't have a specific list for European releases. There aren't many licensed accessories released in Europe, although it depends on your interests. There's a lot of variants (Benelux, Italian, Spanish, German, German 'Europa-Version', UK, etc) for the first party ones. As for third party licensed accessories, there's also quite a few carrying and storage cases, especially in France. The only companies that seem to have received Nintendo's Seal of Quality on their products in Europe are (off the top of my head): Beeshu, Konami, Acclaim, A.L.S. Industries, QuickShot, Suncom, Bandai, Mattel, and LMP Gamester. I might've missed one or two, but I think those are all.
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Nukie
    I don't go out searching just for the accessories, but if I come across them I'll pick em up.

Ditto..

I'd get rid of any that I have if I found out they were worth selling..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i will buy them ONLY if they have the original box with it, other wise paying for a loose controller that will never be used in my collection is another item just taking up space.
    listen......you smell something??

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm always interested in the official Nintendo stuff (both color Zappers, Advantage, Power Pad, NES MAX, ROB)... But I don't think I'd buy most of the third party stuff unless I came across it at a garage sale or whatever...

Even then, it'd better have strong kitsch appeal...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukie

Ditto..

I'd get rid of any that I have if I found out they were worth selling..
    like them,i dont go looking for nes acceeeories,but will buy them if there cheap.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only buy the accessories as I need them. Example, when I got Track & Field 1 and 2 for the NES I kept an eye out for the floor pad, and so I got one for $3 I do believe. I mainly collect NES games right now and don't play too much of them due to being hypnotised by my Saturn , N64, and PSone.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good lord, I LOVE NES accessories!!! I've got about four regular controllers, one gray and one orange zapper, two power pads, two NES Advantages, a NES satellite, a NES four score, a NES Max, a Quickshot XII, a NES Nintendo cleaning kit, cases, dust covers; everything!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_NES
    Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    With official, do you mean first party accessories (four score, zapper, etc) or any licensed accessories (i.e. Acclaim Remote Controller, etc)?
    Im not sure hehe. I think i'll start with all the stuff from Nintendo, then on the 1st party stuff like the Acclaim stuff you mentioned (which i have actually ).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was for a period of time but it was taking way to much space so I decided to concentrate my efforts on the carts.

Also, I had the "Hot Seat" NES chair (I personnaly asked back in the days to add it to the DP database). But I traded away now ! It was "very" one of a kind.

At least, I kept the Power Glove and ROB
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveant1636
    i will buy them ONLY if they have the original box with it, other wise paying for a loose controller that will never be used in my collection is another item just taking up space.
    Likewise - I mostly look for new accessories, or complete in box if they are very hard to come across.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperCCJVQ
    I was for a period of time but it was taking way to much space so I decided to concentrate my efforts on the carts.

Also, I had the "Hot Seat" NES chair (I personnaly asked back in the days to add it to the DP database). But I traded away now ! It was "very" one of a kind.

At least, I kept the Power Glove and ROB
    Cool, did you have the box as well, or just the seat itself? I still need to get my hands on one of those as well as the Simulator 1 Action Chair...going to cost a pretty penny to get those shipped to Belgium, IF I ever come across them again There was a brand new unassembled/boxed Simulator 1 Action Chair on eBay about 8-10 months ago, didn't sell for 50$ first time it was listed, I wish I had picked it up then. There's a lot of cool oddities like that that keep my interest, but there's also a ton of simple joysticks and variants that makes collecting NES accessories a bit repetitive at times

The main thing I enjoy about collecting NES accessories, though, is that you could never buy them all at once, there's too many out there and the majority, especially third party ones, are generally very rare and tough to find...so it tends to go one step at a time (which makes you appreciate the item more than if you were to buy 10-20 at once, as with games ). A lot of them haven't even been documented anywhere yet, so there's always one surfacing somewhere that I've never seen before - keeps it interesting

I see that a lot of people say that they pick them up only if they come across them, etc. That's how I started as well. Eventually my collection grew, and as with most collectibles, the more you have, the more of an urge you get to complete the collection At first I didn't realize the amount of accessories out there, but as my collection grew, so did my info and I'm glad they went hand-in-hand otherwise I probably wouldn't have pursued anymore NES accessories to begin with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am much more into collecting NES games but I would not mind starting to collect NES accessories.

I have that NES Max thing. the turbo button really helps me in vertical shooters but no other game really. Also I have fairly big hands so that thing just does not work good for me. I do enjoy using it on occasion though. I was lucky to get mine for free I here it is some what rare.

I of course have the NES Zapper. I do have the grey one which I know is more rare then the other one.

I am planning on getting a R.O.B some time. I well probably pick up the power glove and pad sometime though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abman
    I have that NES Max thing. the turbo button really helps me in vertical shooters but no other game really. Also I have fairly big hands so that thing just does not work good for me. I do enjoy using it on occasion though. I was lucky to get mine for free I here it is some what rare.
    Sounds like what you need is a QuickShot XXI - the fake trackball one. Here's a pic (not the best pic, but it should do ):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...S/DSCN4775.jpg

The fake trackball is perfect for shooters and is large enough to suit all hand sizes. The buttons are also nice and large, and it has an auto-fire switch, as well as a switch for left or right handed use. It may take a little getting used to, but from my experience it's really one of the best controllers for shooters. It's not exactly common, but they do pop up on eBay often enough, usually for around $5-10 + shipping.