Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: The Castlevania Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

While back ago..I got CV3 Complete..I'm still looking for Akumajo Densetsu Complete

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arasoi View Post
    Ah I remember watching Ebay for years, trying to get every game. Eventually I ran out of games, and had to go to Japanese auctions too.

Before Ebay I hit the local scene, I think the best deal I got was a Saturn NITM/SOTN mint and complete with obi for 60 bucks (which was a pretty good deal at the time)
    I got the same deal on ebay, only I think i paid $10 to ship from japan, so $70 total for my mint NitM with obi.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

I was lucky enough to buy Rondo Of Blood from a U.S. seller at about $150. I still don't have a Duo/pce to play it, so i just use magic engine and use save state every 4 minutes.

I wish I never traded in my GBA and all my games, b/c now I have to go track down all that stuff again. Circle of the moon still my favorite on that.
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

same! I bought all the castlevania's for GBA as they were released, and i eventually sold all my gba stuff and games with the boxes and instructions for not much money. now i gotta go buy it all over again for 2x the price!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I'm still looking for Kid Dracula. Stupid game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RadiantSvgun: Those wall thingies (dunno the english word) looks great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While not all collectors share my fascination with unofficial, or "pirate" items, I for one always enjoy a good/interesting pirate game, and sometimes interesting stuff pops up.

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/M...astlevania-_JM

Like this Brazilian auction. Looking closer, the Castlevania pirate has the artwork of Dracula Densetsu for gameboy, and is probably a CV1 pirate. I also always liked those black NES plastic cases that many brazilian pirates come in.

A closer look:

I'm still trying to track down someone in Brazil who can proxy bid for me on auction sites like this, and/or occasionally pick stuff up at the flea markets/swap meets down there for me, for some cash from me for their troubles. This stuff is too nifty to resist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I'm still trying to track down someone in Brazil who can proxy bid for me on auction sites like this, and/or occasionally pick stuff up at the flea markets/swap meets down there for me, for some cash from me for their troubles. This stuff is too nifty to resist.
    Well, if you ever need a guy in Mexico, I can help.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As they say in Buyers/Sellers forum, PM Sent. =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Well, if you ever need a guy in Mexico, I can help.
    You got a PM from me also
    Last edited by MarioMania; 02-21-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

It's not a Castlevania game per se, but I do have a game called "Dream Mix TV: World Fighters" for Gamecube. It features Simon Belmont as a fighter and a remixed version of Bloody Tears. Unfortunaly I can't get my action replay to work on the wii, but does that still go towards a castlevania collection?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cameo and related games definetely count in my book. I own both the Gamecube and PS2 versions of Dream TV World Fighters. Simon Belmont is playable, after all.

I've gone after some of the stranger cameo games as well, such as Snatcher (PSX/Saturn/Sega CD versions), Hai no Majatsushi, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I almost beat the Level 2 Boss on Akumajo Densetsu(The upper route)..I got to the boss room, My NES Satellite start freaky on me...My guy keeps going to the right. I couldn't pause the game. I got hit 3 times by the time I think to move(I was about to unplug the Satellite I put down it.and it worked again) But I ran out of time..and I had no players left..I said F-thing I'm going to bed..

I said to my self NOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's not happening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Cameo and related games definetely count in my book. I own both the Gamecube and PS2 versions of Dream TV World Fighters. Simon Belmont is playable, after all.

I've gone after some of the stranger cameo games as well, such as Snatcher (PSX/Saturn/Sega CD versions), Hai no Majatsushi, etc.
    Do you happen to own both Wai Wai World games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes I do. Heres a full list of my cameo/related games:

Dreammix TV: World Fighters (GC)
    Dreammix TV: World Fighters (PS2)
    Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius: Forever With Me (PSX)
    Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius: Forever With Me (Sega Saturn)
    Gokujou Parodius (SNES)
    Konami Wai Wai World (Famicom)
    Konami Wai Wai World 2 (Famicom)
    Snatcher (Mega CD - PAL)
    Snatcher (PSX)
    Snatcher (Saturn)
    Kid Dracula (Game Boy - Euro)
    Akumajo Special: Boku Dracula Kun (FC)
    Hai no Majatushi (MSX2)
    Konami Crazy Racers (GBA, US)

Cameo/reference games I still need:

Battle Tryst (Arcade/M2 hardware)
    Evolution Skateboarding (various)
    Ganbare Goemon 2 (SFC)
    Tokimeki Memorial (PSX/Saturn)
    Contra: Hard Corps (Genesis/Mega Drive)

Metal Gear Solid might count because of the taunting from Psycho Mantis due to various memory card saves (including Castlevania: SOTN) but thats a bit of a stretch maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to say this in a thread full of such hardcore Castlevania fans and proud collectors at that, but I never really gave the series a chance for most of my life. Although, lately I've been trying to catch up.

I think because the only Castlevania game my brother ever owned was Simon's Quest, and that was my first and only exposure to the series for a long time. At my age back then, I just found the game frustrating, and it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. As far as I knew, all Castlevania games were like Simon's Quest, and so I didn't have much desire to play them. I was wrong, of course, but I think that I may have gotten into the series sooner if I had cut my teeth on a different entry in the series.

So a few weeks ago, I decide to give Castlevania another chance, and I picked up the original for a decent price. I played it. I didn't beat it, but I enjoyed it, so I went and found Castlevania 3. Well, I enjoyed that game even more than the first game. And so, now I'm gathering as many games as I can.

I got CV1, 3, and 4, plus Symphony of the Night, and I played Bloodlines on emulator.

CV4 I actually beat. The revised controls I think made the difficulty a lot more managable, and a lot more fun. Plus, the game is really very beatiful.

When I first started playing Bloodlines, I thought it was going to be inferior to CV4. The first thing I noticed was that the two heroes didn't look as nice and detailed as Simon did in CV4. But as I played, I noticed that the graphics made everything else in the game truly stunning. The background effects, the water effects, the boss animations. It's some of the best stuff I've seen on a 16-bit system, and it's a fun game, too.

SotN blew me away though. I started playing the game on Saturday, and I already finished, and I got the good ending without the help of a walkthrough or map. Playing SotN made me feel like I was playing Super Metroid for the first game all over again. I was so into it, that I went too long without eating today, and now I have a huge headache because of it. It was worth it though.

Although I'm really close to being burned out on Castlevania, I'm still thinking about what game I want to try next. I could get Chronicles, or find one of the N64 games, or I could just go ahead and jump into the GBA games.

I'm really sorry I didn't play Castlevania sooner though. It's a fantastic series, and I love the soundtrack to most of the games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I definitely cannot blame some for not getting into the series until recently (or in the case of many, before CV:SOTN).

The classic side scrolling games have always been notoriously unforgiving in their difficulty level in comparison to other games of the time. And CV2 had a English translation that made it close to impossible to complete the game without reading a guide.

It's refreshing to see that many players can enjoy the older games after the "SOTN experience", as it can often make gamers even more jaded towards the classic series entries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, I'm definitely not done with the old-school Castlevania games, don't worry.

I really liked SOTN, but the original sidescrollers are a completely different experience, and I love old 2D platformers. Those kind of games are part of the reason I ended up at DP in the first place.

I definitely want to play CV3 some more. I didn't explore the different pathes yet, and I haven't yet played with Grant or Sypha. In my first go at it, I got Alucard and then game-overed soon after that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Hey Arasoi, I heard there was a fighting game with the belmonts. Do you know if that is true?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It depends if you mean fan made or official.

Fan made, I believe Serio is working on an interesting Castlevania related fighting game.

If you mean official, there are a few relevant answers. Dream TV: World Fighters has Simon Belmont (Chronicles version) playable.

Another game that has Richter and Simon both playable is an older M2 (3D0 arcade hardware) arcade game called Battle Tryst. Some info can be found on it on these pages:

http://castlevania.classicgaming.gam...es/trivia.html

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cameo2.htm#btryst