Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Could Dracula X: Rondo of Blood be done on the Sega CD or the 32X

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The pallete would look a bit different on Sega CD, but it could be done. More Easily on 32X CD, it could retain all the original colors and have the redbook audio tracks as well.

For the record..

http://www.eidolons-inn.net/segabase...tlevania5.html

This information is completely false. The 32X game was originally SOTN, until it was moved to PSX.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

WHY WAS THIS THREAD NOT BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION BEFORE?

Big Castlevania fan I am. I have all the US released console stuff, missing a few boxes and manuals, etc.

I hope you've beaten the original Castlevania by now. If you haven't, for shame.

I'm not sure how I can defend my hardcore status against you. Like, whoa. Crazy. What do I have to do to beat that? Cosplay as Richter? I've done that, actually.

Damn. I don't think I can argue against this.

YOU, GOOD SIR, ARE CURRENTLY MORE HARDCORE CASTLEVANIA THAN I AM. I GUARANTEE IT.

I will step down for once and let you take this. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a lil Castlevania collection as well, I love the series, had a question, you think a Castlevania Curse of Darkness press box would be worth much? Konami shipped out a big box to press with the Castlevania artwork on it and inside was some flyers, a shirt, press releases, and a copy of the game. I also have some of the more recent press builds of the games.

Long live Castlevania fans
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmiley381
    I hope you've beaten the original Castlevania by now. If you haven't, for shame.

I'm not sure how I can defend my hardcore status against you. Like, whoa. Crazy. What do I have to do to beat that? Cosplay as Richter? I've done that, actually.
    Thank you for your kind words The original CV, yes Ive beaten it. I prefer VS Castlevania with the dipswitch on hard, its more challenging. Plus I like the different pallete more now.

Ive never cosplayed, youve got that up on me XD

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    you think a Castlevania Curse of Darkness press box would be worth much? Konami shipped out a big box to press with the Castlevania artwork on it and inside was some flyers, a shirt, press releases, and a copy of the game. I also have some of the more recent press builds of the games.

Long live Castlevania fans
    THose sound pretty interesting, I have a store promo version but not anything that extensive. I think those items would be worth a good amount, if you're selling PM me and lets work out a deal for sure

On another note, would you guys be willing to post up your collections? Mills, Residentvania and walrusmonger have already, I always like to see a nice CV collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arasoi, sorry I don't think I'm willing to part with them as of yet. Just wanted to do an interest/value check on them. I'll keep you in mind if I ever think about parting with them though.

I'll try to take some pictures when I get back in town this weekend. I don't have as much as you guys that already posted though.

Do you guys have the shitty Castlevania comic/TPB too? God that was horrendous but I still bought it lol.

Does anyone have a pic of the promo whip that Konami sent out with Lament of Innocence? I've never seen a pic of it, always wondered lol.

I heard Konami USA made it because Iga would walk around the offices in Japan and when he visited in the US with a whip attached to his belt lol.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those whips are being sold on the US Konami website in the Konamistyle store, they are fairly cheap bullwhips with a Castlevania sigil sewed on.

I thought them rather shoddy really. Id post a pic but the store is closed for the4th of July. (The european store sites dont appear to be up at all)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well Arasoi I'm sorry to dissapoint you but in the end I forewent the CVIII for 1100 yen and went with Hammerin' Harry (I forgot the JP name) instead, which was 1000 yen. I decided the music on the NES version of CVIII was already awesome enough.
    "You think you're cool, but you're just plain dumb!"
    --Black Manta (ninja)

<a href=http://www.rookjones.blogspot.com>Point Zero Zero: Journeys and Whimseys</a>

<a href=http://www.xanga.com/rookjones>An account of my travels in Japan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aw man, thats too bad. But, I have to compliment your selection on the following items:

-Gradius II
    -Crisis Force
    -Rockman 3 (Ive got a RM3 cart as well, its hard to resist when MM3 is your favorite childhood game)
    -Getsufu Maden
    -Parodius
    -Ninja Ryukenden III

Nice haul, dude. =)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arasoi, what do you think is the hardest Castlevania game? I would say Castlevania 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably Haunted Castle version M. The difficulty was ridiculous, it was nearly impossible to beat.

The second playthrough through VS Castlevania with hard mode dipswitch on is nightmarish, I can barely pass level 2.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

i'd say circle of the moon is a third challengewise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/CASTLEVANIA-ADVE...QQcmdZViewItem

These are pretty common, but kinda cool. Its 11 bucks including shipping, so collectors have little risk.

And yeah, I thought COTM had some nice challenging parts. You had to level up and use cards effectively, which I thought was good. And the coliseum was hard enough to warrant a lot of a playthroughs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is Castlevania X on the SNES the same as the PC Engine, They have the same Music

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting. I remember playing Haunted Castle years ago. I read that it was very hard. Have you beat it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MarioMania, the SNES Dracula X is a very different game than the PC Engine version. It shares the main character, plot, and some levels/music and bosses. But it lacks the CD audio, the branching levels, the anime cutscenes, and the looser more forgiving control scheme of Rondo. DX SNES (Or Dracula XX, as its referred to in Japan) is a harder more traditional Castlevania game, good in its own right but certainly not the same kind of game as Rondo was.

Aaron, you are correct that HC is very hard. Of course, it got that reputation from the most common US version, version M. The difficulty was so ridiculous its almost impossible to beat. The Japanese version K (Akumajo Dracula) is much more reasonable, and there was a version P I believe for the US releases that was easier than M. (If Im wrong on this version correct me) I have beaten some of the more reasonable versions out there, but not M.

If you have a modded Xbox, or import ready PS2 you can get HC playable reasonably. I own Oretachi Game Center Akumajo Dracula, but I prefer the Xbox using XMAME and one of the more reasonable versions difficulty wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool..Thanks for clearing it up

Anyways, How much can Dracula X RoB be...I might pick it up..& get a TG-16 CD later

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea I might have to look into that. Thanks! Heck I thought I was awesome beating Castlevania 3 without a helper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must not be that good of a gamer because I find most Castlevania titles to be rather difficult. Some like Castlevania II, SotN and the GBA titles are rather easy but I, III, IV, Bloodlines, X and some of the Gameboy titles are hard.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I thought Dracula X for PC Engine (Rondo) was a pretty easy game, especially compared to Dracula XX (the SNES version). The gameplay and controls were a lot more fluid and forgiving, not to mention the game could be breezed through playing as Maria (she kinds of breaks the game IMO)