Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: homebrews that you would like to see come out

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default homebrews that you would like to see come out

i would really like to see a 3d FPS style of centipede come out for virtual boy. sadly, its nearly impossible to make VB homebrews.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Some RPGs for the CV.

Games that should've come out- like Snap Jack, Wild Western, and certain other classics- for the CV. Not to mention improved versions of Mr. Do!, Time Pilot, and Donkey Kong.

Some good "games you've expected for the 5200 and 7800" for those systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anything new for the Snes. Vectrex fortunately has a lot of homebrews coming out this year and has had many come out in the past years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree on VB homebrews... I'd love to see some good ones (BLOX is pretty good), and I've been working on quite a few, but getting them finished, refined, etc has been a problem. Not sure about a FPS Centipede though.

Homebrewing VB games isn't that tough though... it's a reasonably powerful machine, there's a C compiler, lack of information is our biggest problem IMO.

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default More Odyssey 2

I absolutely love that there has been some Odyssey 2 homebrew love. Mr. Roboto is the bomb! I cannot wait to see what is next.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where, I ask you, are the Microvision homebrews? Or Adventurevision for that matter?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Drill and Project Firestorm for the Dreamcast.

The Drill demo was absolute quality. Anyone know if these guys are still planning to release the game?

In fact, I'd like to see a lot more homebrew DC games.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: More Odyssey 2

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    I absolutely love that there has been some Odyssey 2 homebrew love. Mr. Roboto is the bomb! I cannot wait to see what is next.
    That would be either calculator or puzzle peice panic (tetris) are the next homebrews for release on the o2.

although there are a lot of new releases of previously unreleased in the pipeline

Mission Impossible/Programmed trip 1st July 2006
    Tutenkam Summer/Autumn 2006
    and one I cant mention, sworn to secrecy but it is going to be the biggest news in o2 retrogaming ever..
    http://www.videopac.org The Worlds only dedicated Videopac & Odyssey 2 forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

7800 games.

I know combat 1990 it out for the 7800. Beefdrop can be dowloaded and q-bert also for the 7800. I frogger is being worked on for the 7800. There are bunch of pac-man hacks on that system.

I would like to games like shoa lin Road, and mappy for the 7800.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphor Dot Fossils
    Where, I ask you, are the Microvision homebrews? Or Adventurevision for that matter?
    1) microvision breaks easily

2) adventurevision is exetremely rare. i would be surprised if anyone in this topic has even saw an adventurevision up close.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ganonbanned

2) adventurevision is exetremely rare. i would be surprised if anyone in this topic has even saw an adventurevision up close.
    Somehow, I think he's being sarcastic. Something along the lines of asking for RCA Studio II homebrews, Gameking, Game.com, NUON...

Personally, I'd like some Laseractive homebrews. Where's the LD love???? (OK, I actually own a bunch of laserdiscs....)

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Someone could stand to do a baseball game for the Atari Jaguar. It may be the only system over the past 15-20 years to NOT have at least one baseball title.

I don't expect it'd be that hard for a group like Songbird or Telegames to throw together something, even if it is along the lines of the early RBI Baseball/Bases Loaded/Hardball titles or the baseball game from the Quatro Sports 4-pak on NES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too would absolutely love some VB homebrews.

I can just imagine a vector Asteroids with a starfield on a distant plane with the ship & asteroids in a center plane, and the score/lives/etc in a foreground plane. Mindblowing.

Anything vector would be cool for that matter. Tempest is another one that would be incredible beyond words. Maybe throw BattleZone on there too (the controller is PERFECT) and make it a 3-game comp. I know I would pay top dollar for it.

I would also love some 3D homebrews for the Master System. Of course, the SegaScope is currently all consuming for me, but it would be cool to see something regardless. Games like Galaxy Force and AfterBurner scream for this kind of treatment, even on an ancient 8-bit system.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork
    Quote Originally Posted by ganonbanned

Somehow, I think he's being sarcastic. Something along the lines of asking for RCA Studio II homebrews, Gameking, Game.com, NUON...

Personally, I'd like some Laseractive homebrews. Where's the LD love???? (OK, I actually own a bunch of laserdiscs....)
    Ahh, but there are Studio II homebrews.

Someone's even supposed to be working on a version of Tetris for if the text file that accompanies the Space Invaders homebrew is correct.

I wish someone would create a 'Tetris Project'. Create a homebrew of Tetris for every early console - well, maybe not the Odyssey...

Would a version of Tetris be possible for the Adventurevision? How 'bout the Microvision?

Some Adventure-style gaming for the O2 would be fantastic.

And Lurpak? The big O2 surprise isn't related to the Master Strategy Series is it?
    Dude, they should have seriously put Kissinger and Nixon in their own reality/sit-com show. It would be like the odd couple.

Nixon: Is that chairman Mao on the phone?
    Kissinger: Yes, but you can't speak to him, you're too drunk right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango
    Someone could stand to do a baseball game for the Atari Jaguar. It may be the only system over the past 15-20 years to NOT have at least one baseball title.

I don't expect it'd be that hard for a group like Songbird or Telegames to throw together something, even if it is along the lines of the early RBI Baseball/Bases Loaded/Hardball titles or the baseball game from the Quatro Sports 4-pak on NES.
    I don't know if telegames deveolp games for older systems now. I know the u.k branch of telegames was taken and is being runned by someelse and the former owners of telegames stopped selling games being it was revived by someelse in the U.K.

As far as songbird, Songbird has to do projects for lynx like a multicart. I think Songbird of finished all or most of the Jaguar prototypes he owns into games. Songbird even says he doesn't as much time for deveolping as he used to 1999. When a person develops a games for more for more then system. One system may not get a game as a result for a year. A lynx was not finished last year I think and Total Carnage was for the jaguar. It appears it is happening again with the jaguar not having a game ready by end of the year. You can't blame Carl for not making a baseball game for the jaguar due getting as many jaguar prototypes into complete games along with developing games for the lynx.

There are homebrew developers of the jaguar in the atariage comunity besides songbird.

Although I am not Jaguar owner, I understand your fustration. Some handhand systems don't have one or have a bad one for that matter. There are gameconsoles that don't have baseball games like the 3do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lurpak
    Tutenkam Summer/Autumn 2006
    and one I cant mention, sworn to secrecy but it is going to be the biggest news in o2 retrogaming ever..
    Yes, the last one is going to kick ass, but it may take some more months

Oh, btw: Some copies of Shark Hunter for the Videopac and the Odyssey2 are still availabel. Get yours quick, there won't be another run www.dieterkoenig.at/ccc/
    Visit the Classic Consoles Center: www.classic-consoles-center.at
    Huge European trade list!

Das taugt mir!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lurpak
    Argh! Missed this one entirely! Will there be another run?
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klausien
    I would also love some 3D homebrews for the Master System. Of course, the SegaScope is currently all consuming for me, but it would be cool to see something regardless. Games like Galaxy Force and AfterBurner scream for this kind of treatment, even on an ancient 8-bit system.
    A group of Japanese hackers made a polygon 3D game for the MS in the eighties. An amazing feat considering that the only development tools they had were SC-3000 computers and an EPROM burner. I had a link to a page where it could be downloaded, but it has since disappeared even from archive.org.
    Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork
    Somehow, I think he's being sarcastic. Something along the lines of asking for ... NUON...
    There are many, all on the Games and Demos disc, which only work with the Samsung N500-series DVD players, I believe. I've got this disc and it's quite cool.

How about a Coleco Telstar Arcade homebrew?
    "As you traitors roast in your own juices, I will be safely ensconced three miles below the earth's surface, listening to my wax-cylinder player and enjoying a delicious phosphate!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pac-Man for the Sega Master System