Thread: Bonanza Bros. & Michael Jackson Moonwalker (Arcade)

Cherry (Level 1) williewonka2k1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bonanza Bros. & Michael Jackson Moonwalker (Arcade)

My fondest gaming memories ever was back in 1992 when I would go to Chuck E Cheese's and play Bonanza Bros. and the Arcade version of Moonwalker, which fucking dominated the genesis version. The Moonwalker Arcade was setup more along the lines of TMNT 2: Arcade, which is another one of my fondest gaming memories at Chuck E Cheese too. Anyone else share same memories as well or related?
    -"Are you talking out of turn?"
    "No, I believe we are all talking together."
    -"I normally don't do interviews with women unless i fornicate with them................(long pause)......................so you shouldn't talk anymore..........unless you wanna....you know..."
    -Mike Tyson

"I may like fornicating more than other people, it's just who I am. I sacrifice most of my life, can I at least get laid? You know what I mean? I been robbed most of my money, can I atleast get a blow job?"
    -Mike Tyson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember the Moonwalker arcade game from the movie theater back in the day. The music was always turned up louder than the surrounding machines, so it was a full-on experience. The 3 player multiplayer and dancing as a smart bomb definitely different.

It was their big draw until they got a TMNT machine. Then it was relegated to the corner and eventually disappeared. By that point the 1p joystick was screwed anyway (yes, I would still drop a quarter into it occasionally). Much cooler than the Genesis version, but it unfortunately hasn't really aged too well.

Despite all the child molester talk, I can still dig MJ's music in a nostalgic sense. The Moonwalker movie was actually pretty cool, and the game is a nice extended representation of it. Strange how Michael was on a mission to save children from a madman. Interesting.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Bonanza Bros. & Michael Jackson Moonwalker (Arcade)

Quote Originally Posted by williewonka2k1
    My fondest gaming memories ever was back in 1992 when I would go to Chuck E Cheese's and play Bonanza Bros. and the Arcade version of Moonwalker, which fucking dominated the genesis version. The Moonwalker Arcade was setup more along the lines of TMNT 2: Arcade, which is another one of my fondest gaming memories at Chuck E Cheese too. Anyone else share same memories as well or related?

I would love playing moonwalker on the arcade i would dance to to the michael jackson tunes when i was playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember Moonwalker quite well, I enjoyed the top down style perspective more than side scrolling Genesis version quite a bit, and it was very fun to play. Definetely better than the Genesis version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm probably in the minority but I like the Genesis Moonwalker more than the arcade game. I enjoyed both of them quite a bit.

Bonanza Bros. is pretty cool although I'm not a huge fan. Fans of the game should definitely pick up Sega Classics Collection for the slightly remade version.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What with the scandals of Jacko molesting children, the plot of Moonwalker (rescuing children from Mr. Big) seems very ironic. What's more, Michael Jackson himself designed the game.