Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Considering Selling my NWC Gold Cart

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by udisi
    update PM sent nesman. Just to update everyone a bit. If I get an offer like buyatari, I will be selling the cart. I have not yet recieved an offer close to that, but I have recieved some serious offers. Right now I'm planning on giving it a week or so to see whats out there. I still have 2 friends trying to talk me out of selling it and I have to decide if the highest offer I get is worth it to me.
    I agree with your friends. Cars are all over the place and only go down in value. Unless you need this car for a job and that job keeps food on the table it is not worth it. You may never get a chance to own this again. The car you want will be cheaper in time. My 2 cents.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got one, another local collector to me has one, BuyAtari has one, udisi has one, Collector in Netherlands has one, collector in Norway has one, Ken Sutherland in Louisiana has one (Lost Levels), and I "think" player 2 game exchange has one....

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know of one other copy you haven't accounted for on the east coast. I've tried trading for it off and on but I don't think it's going to happen as the owner can be difficult to deal with :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Find me someone with a gold NWC who isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    I know of one other copy you haven't accounted for on the east coast. I've tried trading for it off and on but I don't think it's going to happen as the owner can be difficult to deal with :/

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    Find me someone with a gold NWC who isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    I know what you're saying but he's difficult period. Even on non-nwc stuff

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know of one more, but the dude refuses to even acknowledge he owns it... so i'll let him speak up if he so chooses.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On to egay for shits and giggles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260003592768

I had to best Adam by a penny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Why don't you accept best offers. If you list the item with intent to sell outside of ebay someone can report you and shut the auction down, you might suspended , etc...

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't say anything about selling outside of ebay, I just said I would notify those interested in a relist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

You have it up for 20k you mention taking down names and emails if it doesn't sell and you don't have the option for best offer. Ebay may think you are trying to sell outside of ebay. Its not like they will ask you anything. They get a complaint and they just pull it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had an offer to buy a gold cart for $8000 but I'm now dealing to close for less.
    Hopefully soon the deal will be closed.

Don't be surprised if you didn't get $12000 or more offers.
    Those were fake offers that Buyatari got and was already mentioned in a previous thread(one of ther guy offering $12000 didn't even honor his word for a $1000 offer).

DreamTR got it right:it could go for $4000 to maybe over $6000 but probably on the low end when you want real money and not words.

BTW Buyatari,last grey cart sold after a relist for $2750 and I was waiting for you to buy it after your word about your will to buy one immediately for the cheap price of $3000...and it only sold due to 1 bid at the very last second after a week of zero bids and more than 1000 views(and after a previous list for $3000+ like already mentioned).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    I'd sell mine if I had a crazy offer too more than likely...the one I have is the mintest, most pristine one I have ever seen. I'm not really too picky on condition, and I would even downgrade it if possible to one in slightly worse shape, but I think the best non eBay offers out there right now are between $4000-7000....

udisi: The last one I sold to captainfalcon around 5 years ago or so was $6500. That was the ONLY reason I sold that one, for an obscene amount of money at the time.

I reckon if you get a $7000+ real offer, that is a very good offer on the gold cart DreamTR.
    You can probably get the buyer to fork out something more due the mint shape of your cart,sure thing.

The cart I located has scratches like the one udisi posted up for sale but we are dealing for an amount nowhere close to $7000.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a 5 figure offer atm, that I may very well take if I can work out the details. I tend to agree with Adam when he said it's a seller's market not a buyers. If you can get one for 4k, 7k, or whatever, that's what it was worth to the owner. Just remember that most of these carts are in the hands of people who don't want to sell it.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, if any of these go for 5 figures with scratches, mine has to be worth closer to 15K.....there is nary a mark on it.

Sivarto: I would never sell this one, though. $7000 is not enough to warrant selling it...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by udisi
    I have a 5 figure offer atm, that I may very well take if I can work out the details. I tend to agree with Adam when he said it's a seller's market not a buyers. If you can get one for 4k, 7k, or whatever, that's what it was worth to the owner. Just remember that most of these carts are in the hands of people who don't want to sell it.
    My advice,Udisi,would be to take the best offer by the end of the auction if you need the money for something else and don't worry too much about selling the cart:
    as a matter of fact,those 26 gold carts do change hands from time to time and the chance to buy them again will pop up in the future and if you really want it,you could buy it back "probably" for about the same money you got for it.

My only question and concern would be regarding the legitimacy of those gold carts:there is no warranty and they are not even numbered...I guess some fakes could be around...not implying yours is not the real deal of course but as a general warning.

Best of luck selling it anyway,$5000(your offer at the moment) is already more than what the last gold on ebay sold for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sivarto
    $5000(your offer at the moment) is already more than what the last gold on ebay sold for.
    He said 5-figure, not 5 grand.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    $5000(your offer at the moment) is already more than what the last gold on ebay sold for.
    He said 5-figure, not 5 grand.
    Sorry read too quickly the post.
    If he really got a serious offer for $10000,that would be a great offer if he really wants to cash in.
    Again best of luck anyway

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fatman Games
    PSN
    larsoncc
    Steam
    larsoncc

So, I get a funny email today, complaining that I've sold my contributors out... :/

Apparently, your image of the cart got resized and reposted to 1Up.com. It's in their "Instant Rarity" article, on Page 2.

I called them up, and I've also emailed them to be sure that they have your permission to republish the pic, udisi. The policy I have is that YOU retain the copyright, not me.

If you don't want to act on it, that's cool. But with you wanting to sell the cart, I thought it'd be nice if 1Up would at least ACKNOWLEDGE you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

BTW Buyatari,last grey cart sold after a relist for $2750 and I was waiting for you to buy it after your word about your will to buy one immediately for the cheap price of $3000...and it only sold due to 1 bid at the very last second after a week of zero bids and more than 1000 views(and after a previous list for $3000+ like already mentioned).
    The one with the busted piece of plastic? I'll pass.

Strawberry (Level 2) tornadostormxl's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should have clean it a bit