Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Considering Selling my NWC Gold Cart

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember it was quite in good shape,anyway the silver cart got listed twice and still barely got $2750.(and when most here said that silver carts were worth $3500 or 4000 at least!)

Udisi,if you can verify a legit offer for "more" than $7k and that is a cash offer,you should go for it and quickly in my opinion,before the potential buyer thinks again about his offer...I mean it can be a seller market but,as I said,if you don't find a paying buyer you are not even a seller.

And if 2 gold carts will be put on the market at the same time,one could maybe go even for $8k or more,but maybe the other could go for the half if no buyer will pay more for it.

That is just how the market goes,especially when all the gold carts owners will see the chance to sell for 2 times the price they paid thier gold cart.....you can be sure that out of 26 owners,way more than one will try to cash in.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm about 99% sure Player-2 has one. I will have to check my PMs.
    NintendoAGE - The best NES database engine available on the net!

My Collection - Well, kinda. One of these days I will actually get a pic of the whole collection and post it on there. Until then, I only have a few games in there with some additional collection info stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Busted plastic. Untested. Sold for $2750

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

you can be sure that out of 26 owners,way more than one will try to cash in.
    Still waiting to see that list of 26 owners you got there.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    you can be sure that out of 26 owners,way more than one will try to cash in.
    Still waiting to see that list of 26 owners you got there.

It doesn't take "the list" to grasp the idea that IF a gold cart will sell for high money most likely another 1 or 2 will be for sale soon , being more than 20 out there.

Also,your gold cart that you put on ebay is scratched as hell,so I don't think a piece of busted plastic would ruin a sale.
    It is called low "demand for that price".

That silver cart was sold by a professional ebay seller and got more than 1000 views before getting a bid in the last seconds and it was already a relist.

It turned out to work perfectly as far as I was told BTW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

There is no list of 26 owners. There will never be a list of 26 owners because 26 no longer are out there to be had. Never in the history of videogaming has a game had a 100% recovery rate 15 years after the fact. There are 10 or less. A few more may turn up but not all of them not even close.

Of the 5000 or so rumored stadium events how many are out there? ALL 5000 ?

All the rare rare high demand holy grail items have gone up quite a bit in the last few years. If you ever bought or sold videogames for more than $1000 you might be more aware. Gold NWC will follow suit.

Here we have one for sale. Watch and learn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

26 are not out there still, no way no how. Im saying less then 15, if not below 10.

Im sure some have been thrashed and some might be sitting in a thrift store. I know the last one that sold on ebay was found in a thrift store.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no list of 26 owners. There will never be a list of 26 owners because 26 no longer are out there to be had. Never in the history of videogaming has a game had a 100% recovery rate 15 years after the fact. There are 10 or less. A few more may turn up but not all of them not even close.

All the rare rare high demand holy grail items have gone up quite a bit in the last few years. If you ever bought or sold videogames for more than $1000 you might be more aware. Gold NWC will follow suit.

Never mind Buyatari,you and your speculation on videogames crack me up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sivarto

I think he knows quite a bit more about video games then you..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fucking classic.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren870

I think he knows quite a bit more about video games then you..
    Ditto on that. For a guy that has bought SEVERAL thousand dollar games, I would think he knows what he's talking about. In fact, I've never bought a game for over a thousand (come close though) and I would say the very same thing.
    NintendoAGE - The best NES database engine available on the net!

My Collection - Well, kinda. One of these days I will actually get a pic of the whole collection and post it on there. Until then, I only have a few games in there with some additional collection info stuff.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplehead2
    There is a ROM outhere, i have played it, but i would love the cart but aint got the money, not even close .
    Do you remember where the ROM for it is?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

The only wild speculation I see is the idea that all 26 of the gold NWCs will all get together for some type of gold NWC reunion party.

Don't be mad at me that the cheapest gold NWC you can find for sale is $8k (one that only you know about at that)and udisi has an offer of $10k+ on his. Don't let either fact change your thoughts on the value and that its somehow worth much less.

If the other gold NWC owners are inclined to sell after a 10k+ sale they are only going to do so for the same money. Why would one 10k sale create a frenzy selling spree where the owners are now happy with 5-7k?

Many I spoke to would not sell for 10k and while I didn't speak to them all I didn't talk to one who said he would sell for 10k. You make many judgments as to what the NWCs owners think and what they would do but all you have to do is talk to them. Its not theoretical. Don't take my word for it just ask them and they will tell you themselves. Wait you did already and the cheapest one was 8k?

Hopefully, Udisi will relist the auction taking best offers next time around and take the highest bid for all to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dave Ramsey would be so proud of the eventual winner.
    Wanted and willing to fairly pay for:
    Final Fantasy III Hat/Cap (Official Squaresoft)
    Philips CDI 740
    NTSC Proto of Daze Before Christmas (SNES)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I listed the owners as best as I could to my knowledge, and there is no way any of us would sell it for less than 20K. I'm not even sure if Buyatari would sell his for 20K, but I know of two owners that won't part with it for ANY amount of money.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only wild speculation I see is the idea that all 26 of the gold NWCs will all get together for some type of gold NWC reunion party.

Don't be mad at me that the cheapest gold NWC you can find for sale is $8k (one that only you know about at that)and udisi has an offer of $10k+ on his. Don't let either fact change your thoughts on the value and that its somehow worth much less.

If the other gold NWC owners are inclined to sell after a 10k+ sale they are only going to do so for the same money. Why would one 10k sale create a frenzy selling spree where the owners are now happy with 5-7k?

Many I spoke to would not sell for 10k and while I didn't speak to them all I didn't talk to one who said he would sell for 10k. You make many judgments as to what the NWCs owners think and what they would do but all you have to do is talk to them. Its not theoretical. Don't take my word for it just ask them and they will tell you themselves. Wait you did already and the cheapest one was 8k?

Hopefully, Udisi will relist the auction taking best offers next time around and take the highest bid for all to see.
    Buyatari,your reasoning i s failing to see the main point.
    You need a paying buyer to sell for those high prices your hoping for and that's not going to happen.

Only very very few people will be ready to drop $10+ on a nes cart and yes,other sellers could ask same price or more but they won't just get a sale,only bogus or fake offers just like you did last time.

You can go on and talk to all the owners and say the cart is worth five figures ...but it will be already a miracle if you find one crazy guy ready to actually pay that much(like you said in the other thread in trying to help udisi out to locate the one to be ripped off)

And BTW,before this whole comedy,DreamTR and others perfectly knew as you do that if you put the cart on ebay with no reserve the final price won' be what your writing here...even with all your efforts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I have no doubt that if I have full intention to sell I'd find a buyer for 10k or more. However, I won't sell mine just to prove you wrong. There is one for sale now and if he takes full advantage of the tools all sellers have he will sell for over 10k and we can put this to rest. I wouldn't just throw it on ebay. Any seller who does is rolling the dice that a potential buyer just happens to have the available cash at the time of the sale. Thats not how you sell a game of this nature.

There is a select group of buyers and sellers who have bought or sold in thousand dollar range. I feel I have a very good understanding of what the market will bear and how these people think. You think its all up to the buyer to determine the price but not in this case. This is one cart that people really want. If they are given an extended period of time to make sacrifices to obtain it they will.

You need a paying buyer to sell for those high prices your hoping for and that's not going to happen.

Only very very few people will be ready to drop $10+ on a nes cart and yes,other sellers could ask same price or more but they won't just get a sale,only bogus or fake offers just like you did last time.

You can go on and talk to all the owners and say the cart is worth five figures ...but it will be already a miracle if you find one crazy guy ready to actually pay that much(like you said in the other thread in trying to help udisi out to locate the one to be ripped off)

And BTW,before this whole comedy,DreamTR and others perfectly knew as you do that if you put the cart on ebay with no reserve the final price won' be what your writing here...even with all your efforts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He just wants to be one of the big boys...

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I know it is not what you want to hear, but BuyAtari has you in a stranglehold here. Everybody can see that but you. You'd be best to let the matter drop, since he has the game and you don't.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's my take on this, before I considered selling this cart I thought maybe it'd be 5-7.5 k. I also was unaware that buyatari had listed his a few months ago and recieved offers 10k+. After listing it here, I recieved 2 serious offers for 5k almost instantly, but that's all I recieved. My reasoning then was, I know there are more than 2 people interested in this with the money to spend on it. After reading these threads I found out about buyatari's auction and his offers, and I decided it was worth the 5$ to see who would pop up on ebay. As of this moment I've had 26 people email me with interest and or offers. 10k has been the highest offer, but not all those who showed interest made a offer yet. Now, knowing that DreamTR is responsible for about 90% of all the know copies of this game, I'd be willing to believe him when he says the owners of this game are either not selling it, or wouldn't accept less than 5 figures for it. Now, with that said, none of these have ever sold for 5 figures yet, but if there are only 8-9 accounted for and all those owners are not willing to sell or aren't willing to sell for less than 5 figures, it's a pretty safe assumption that the next one that sells will sell for 5 figures. True more could come to light, but if someone were to find one of these today, I'm pretty sure they would either keep it, or definitly do their own research before selling it. Supply and demand doesn't work quite regularly in the case of this game. Like normal supply and demand the game does get a value. Low supply + Plus high demand = High Price, But the other thing at work here is that the supply is not in the hands of buisness owners, they are collectors. The people who own this cart are not in the buisness of selling it. They don't need to move inventory. Sure some like myself COULD sell it, but we don't NEED to. This is the factor that I believe has led to the idea of 10k+ prices. The demand is high, granted there are only a few collectors willing or in a position to purchase a game for this amount of money. Over time though, NES collectors are getting older and have more disposable income. The odds of a buyer willing to pay 10+k are increasing. Now, is mine going to sell for 10+k?... yes because after seeing what I've seen in the past week on ebay, I wouldn't sell mine for any less. Will it sell to the person that offered me 10k....maybe, I still haven't gotten completly serious with him, but I am satisfied that after the interest and offers I recieved and knowing what I do about the other owners of this cart that.

#1 None of the other know owners of this cart will sell it for less than 10k...I'd be selling myself short if I sold mine for less...and

#2 If I do sell this, I'm never gonna get one back...I better be sure I get an amount that will outweigh any remorse I have for selling it. I am a collector at heart and will miss having this at whatever compensation I may recieve

Does this mean that I will sell my cart for more 10+k?...NO
    All this means is that if I do sell sell it, it will sell for 10+k. I may not find a buyer atm, but I'm also content to stick the game back in it's nice little place in my collection, and hold on to it.

Many things have changed since I bought this game. The biggest thing being that, there's a lot more collectors, and a lot more information and revere for it.