Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Considering Selling my NWC Gold Cart

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would like to remind people that while it is an very educated guess that there's less than 10-15 of these left, it is only a guess. It is probably valid too, but still only a guess.

Someone could say it's a definite fact until the end of time, but it's not a fact until there's proof. Speculation just isn't enough.

Unless we have proof positive that any copies were actually thrown in the trash, then it must be assumed possible that all 26 are still around, somewhere.

If we do have proof that one was indeed thrown out, I want to interview this person. DreamTR, in your research did you happen to come across any of the winners that did this? If so, who was it?

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    I would like to remind people that while it is an very educated guess that there's less than 10-15 of these left, it is only a guess. It is probably valid too, but still only a guess.

Someone could say it's a definite fact until the end of time, but it's not a fact until there's proof. Speculation just isn't enough.

Unless we have proof positive that any copies were actually thrown in the trash, then it must be assumed possible that all 26 are still around, somewhere.

If we do have proof that one was indeed thrown out, I want to interview this person. DreamTR, in your research did you happen to come across any of the winners that did this? If so, who was it?

-Rob
    Rob,
    I think it is pretty clear to all that 26 of them are around worldwide.
    Probaly not all 26 but more than 20 sure thing as this item was a prize and people do keep good care of those*especially after you took the time to enter a contest and win it*
    DreamTR and Ataribuy have to play their role and try to inflate the price since they are 2 potential sellers.
    But I guess that was a given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rob,
    I think it is pretty clear to all that 26 of them are around worldwide.
    Probaly not all 26 but more than 20 sure thing as this item was a prize and people do keep good care of those*especially after you took the time to enter a contest and win it*

Well, DreamTR did personally go to many of the 26 winners and aquire these carts from them. He had 7 at one point. DreamTR, do you remember the original prices you paid (if you don't mind my asking). Just curious. I don't think the prices were near any of the prices we speak of today...a fraction, really. So, as far as the contest winners taking the best care of them....nah, they really didn't for the most part. Some sold for a pittance, I believe.

DreamTR and Ataribuy have to play their role and try to inflate the price since they are 2 potential sellers.
    But I guess that was a given.
    I've heard that theory from others before. But, the counter argument is that if they will never sell it, why would they bother? It goes both ways, ya know?

-Rob

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sivarto: WHat do you mean "play my role", I am NOT a potential seller. Let's repeat this: I HAVE NO PLANS OF SELLING THIS CART. Please read what you write on here before you assume I am selling something I am not.

I can also state that if I got another one of these BACK (which may be likely one of these days....) I will NEVER sell that either.

rbudrick: I know that one guy traded his for a bike almost immediately after he sold it....Others have it "missing", others I could not contact. Even if you tried contacting the ones that I could not get ahold of "now", there's no way they could not research this and demand top $ for the cart. That was the joy of me grabbing these in 98-99....no one had any idea they would blow through the roof, so I sold them/traded them to finance my collection, and I don't regret it because at the time I asked for incredibly high values, and definitely got my money back in the trades in return, so I'm happy with the outcome, and I kept the mintest copy there was....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="rbudrick"]
    Rob,
    I I've heard that theory from others before. But, the counter argument is that if they will never sell it, why would they bother? It goes both ways, ya know?

-Rob

Well,if you read through Ataribuy and DreamTR 's posts,they say they "would" sell for the right offer in their mind.

I'm not saying it myself DreamTR,you wrote it.
    Buyatari tried to do it.

And it is also pretty clear they only want the price to skyrocket to take advantage of that.
    It is called price gouging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well,if you read through Ataribuy and DreamTR 's posts,they say they "would" sell for the right offer in their mind.

I'm not saying it myself DreamTR,you wrote it.
    Buyatari tried to do it.

And it is also pretty clear they only want the price to skyrocket to take advantage of that.
    Well sure, a gajillion dollars could buy you anything, but the gouging? Hmm, I dunno...some would say it's marketing.

-Rob

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sivarto: Do you have ANY high end rare items? No? Then stay out of this discussion. If you had an NWC and Stadium Events, then you can talk. I am sure you have neither of them.

Also, you wrote:

I made a STATEMENT saying EVERYTHING is for sale at the right price. It is not price gouging. If someone offered me 100K, I would sell it. I would not sell ANYTHING in my personal collection unless someone overpaid BECAUSE I do not want to sell it. Simple logic, you see? Please stay out of the thread now since you obviously have nothing pertinent to contricute, k thx.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="DreamTR"]I'd sell mine if I had a crazy offer too more than likely...

[quote]

This was your reply when udisi mentioned the fake offers of $12k+.
    Pretty clear to me your willing to sell for those overpriced offers.

And yes,I have high end items in my collection

No need to get bitter DreamTR,we are just discussing the matter and it seems I'm not the only member here to think that way.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

[quote="sivarto"][quote="DreamTR"]I'd sell mine if I had a crazy offer too more than likely...

And yes,I have high end item in my collection
    Sivarto, at this point I see you doing nothing but Trolling in this thread. So Stop now. Or Else. Final Warning.

-GAC-
    #vbender

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="GrandAmChandler"][quote="sivarto"]
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    I'd sell mine if I had a crazy offer too more than likely...

And yes,I have high end item in my collection
    Sivarto, at this point I see you doing nothing but Trolling in this thread. So Stop now. Or Else. Final Warning.

-GAC-
    Could you explain to me why I'm "trolling"?

DreamTR said "the right price" and I quoted the point where he says he would sell for those overpriced prices already quoted.

Then I replied to his question:yes I have some high dollars videogames.

Where is trolling?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know that this isn't exactly my place to say, but I do think that most of this page would be best reserved for PM's and the like.

Sorry if I'm out of line, this is just seeming to be spammy now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No problem,I will stay out of this thread.
    Freedom of speech is still to come here.

I'm only happy other members as well can see the truth about some people here.

Bye all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only thing that I have been thinking, that it is possible for at least one to have been destroyed, say by a fire or flood?

Its a small chance, but it seems more likely than all 26 still existing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The only thing that I have been thinking, that it is possible for at least one to have been destroyed, say by a fire or flood?

Its a small chance, but it seems more likely than all 26 still existing.
    DreamTR, how many were you not able to get a hold of? Was it 19 (since you got 7)? Wait, it couldn't be 19, since some had it just missing....how many had it missing out of how many you spoke to?

Even if you tried contacting the ones that I could not get ahold of "now", there's no way they could not research this and demand top $ for the cart.
    Yeah, I know. I'm just in search of "the scoop" for my book that, when finished, might someday sell 10 copies.

-Rob

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sivarto: Obviously you have a language barrier. I said I would sell for a "crazy" offer. 12K and 15K are NOT crazy enough for me to sell, and I am not looking to sell.

As far as your crazy items, what are they? Do tell.

rbudrick: I could not get ahold of a few names. One or two of those put the cart(s) on eBay, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="GrandAmChandler"][quote="sivarto"]
    I'd sell mine if I had a crazy offer too more than likely...

And yes,I have high end item in my collection :-P

-GAC-
    Generally speaking, I hate it when moderators on forums force out people with opinions that differ from the forum's standards; I've even left forums because of this before. But in this instance, sivarto's presence in this thread (and the others about the gold NWC) is akin to someone who hasn't passed 4th grade science being enrolled in bionuclear physics, and worse, thinking that they are smarter than the professor, who wrote their doctoral dissertation on the subject.

(Also, in case my opening sentence is taken wrong, I am quite pleased with the moderators here, and am not criticizing them at all.)
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

I don't think sivarto did anything really wrong other than piss off the professors (no disrespect intended). The only thing really inflamitory was his previous comment

Quote Originally Posted by sivarto
    Never mind Buyatari,you and your speculation on videogames crack me up
    Enough to warrant moderation? Dunno. I've gotten away with worse but I've been around a lot longer and generally spellcheck my posts before hitting the submit button.

Regardless, this is still a good thread and I'm very interested in the end results of this possible sale. While I doubt I'll be purchasing a NWC Gold cart anytime soon it is still educational if I do find myself in that position sometime in the future.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sivarto: WHat do you mean "play my role", I am NOT a potential seller. Let's repeat this: I HAVE NO PLANS OF SELLING THIS CART. Please read what you write on here before you assume I am selling something I am not.

I can also state that if I got another one of these BACK (which may be likely one of these days....) I will NEVER sell that either.

rbudrick: I know that one guy traded his for a bike almost immediately after he sold it....Others have it "missing", others I could not contact. Even if you tried contacting the ones that I could not get ahold of "now", there's no way they could not research this and demand top $ for the cart. That was the joy of me grabbing these in 98-99....no one had any idea they would blow through the roof, so I sold them/traded them to finance my collection, and I don't regret it because at the time I asked for incredibly high values, and definitely got my money back in the trades in return, so I'm happy with the outcome, and I kept the mintest copy there was....
    As someone who is knew to collecting, I have a very high reverence for people like DreamTR and BuyAtari. I can't wait for the day that I have games that go for $1k or higher, not for the money, but just because then I will be seriously into it and hopefully have had as much history pass through my hands as these guys. Esp Dream. He has knowledge of things that almost no one else does, and it does good to listen to him. For every newbie out there that has one high end piece in his collection, Dream has a million. He is a person that can be trusted when it comes to information like this because for one, he is probably the only person to deal with it. He has bought and sold at least 7 copies of a game that everyone would just like to see in person. That carries alot of clout, and I hope the new people, including me, understands that.

That being said, DreamTR, will you PLEASE STOP ENDING YOUR SENTENCES/PARAGRAPHS WITH MORE THAN ONE PERIOD? PLEASE?

Lol sorry Dream but I had to say it. If no one else has a problem with it, I apologize, but one period will suffice my friend.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

67dash: Thanks for the praise =)

I always tend to do that (the three periods at the end of a paragraph) mainly because I keep thinking about Duke Togo in Golgo 13! Lots of ... in the text boxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Well it might be easy to forget but this was someones for sale thread and he came in and blasted the price. Thats not allowed via the buying and selling rules. If he wanted to discuss the value of a gold NWC he should have done so in the threas he already started on the same subject.

As for "pissing of the professors" well I was a bit pissed because of the following.

1. He came to BOTH the buying and selling and the Ebay thread of another DP member and talked down the price which isn't allowed in the DP rules.

2. He had called people he never met or dealt with deadbeats without so much as asking both parties for all the details. Cruzway because someone here (another he never met) said Cruzway backed out on a deal. I don't care if he did back out of the deal. Its enough to state the offer might not have been realized don't just start calling people names. Calling a known DP member a deadbeat because 1 deal fell through that you weren't apart of and don't even have 1st hand knowledge of is wrong and in the context of the situation was uncalled for.

The other guy he called a deadbeat he doesn't even know this guys name. He doesn't know anything about him but he is a deadbeat too.

3. He accussed me in my making of a previous statement to buy a grey NWC. When in fact not to his knowledge I have a deal in the works for one via private sale.

So yeah I was pissed. Not because he has a opinion which differs but because he has no respect for anyone. I'll argue with Redeye about prototypes day and night but we have respect for each other our different views and other collectors. It boils down to this. This guy makes personal attacks and has no respect for anyone unless you agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by blissfulnoise
    I don't think sivarto did anything really wrong other than piss off the professors (no disrespect intended). The only thing really inflamitory was his previous comment