Thread: Question on XBOX Emulation??

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question on XBOX Emulation??

Is it a good idea to put about 3000 emulated games in the hard drive of the XBOX as it is without changing the hard drive. I'm just wondering if there would be slowdowns or other negative impacts if you don't upgrade the hard drive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have a modded xbox and i gotta 200 gb hard drive. i have ROMS for genesis, nes, snes, vcs, tg16, neo geo, and MAME, i think all of that take up something like 7 GB. if that helps at all. i would advise getting a new hard drive.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Drunk Billionaire's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah on 8 gb you can fit a boat load but for everything i would also suggest a bigger harddrive. you don't need anything big and you probably wont have to spend alot of money. To be on the safe side I would get a cheap 40gb HDD you could fit all on there nicely and leave little room for other stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Billionaire
    Yeah on 8 gb you can fit a boat load but for everything i would also suggest a bigger harddrive. you don't need anything big and you probably wont have to spend alot of money. To be on the safe side I would get a cheap 40gb HDD you could fit all on there nicely and leave little room for other stuff
    Is it true though if you replace your HD, you can't go on Live with your Xbox unless your Xbox hasn't been on Live before? I was planning on getting my Xbox modded but I've read somewhere that Microsoft reads and registers some kind of ID number on your Xbox's HD the first time you connect to Live. If you replace your HD after that, you won't be able to connect to Live any longer.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Drunk Billionaire's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Billionaire
    Is it true though if you replace your HD, you can't go on Live with your Xbox unless your Xbox hasn't been on Live before? I was planning on getting my Xbox modded but I've read somewhere that Microsoft reads and registers some kind of ID number on your Xbox's HD the first time you connect to Live. If you replace your HD after that, you won't be able to connect to Live any longer.

This is true although there is a mod and a soft mod that will allow you to use Xbox Live. For example: Press the big button (the disk tray button) for a modded xbox and press the power button for a normal, unmodded, xbox that microsoft cant detect

if you have any questions for any modded xbox I would highly recommend taking a visit to http://www.xbox-scene.com/ thier forum section is http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php I have found so much use in this site.