Thread: 1984 Return of the Jedi Arcade machine

Insert Coin (Level 0) the 5th ghost's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 1984 Return of the Jedi Arcade machine

Does anybody know the current going rate of this machine in tip top condition? I know that it is the rarer of the Star Wars games put out by Atari in the early 80s.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...=9305&letter=R

It's the upright version.

Thanks for any info!

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's not really a going rate for it, it will depend primarily on region and how many people in that region want it. As the SW games go, it's generally regarded as the least fun of the original 80s series even though it's still a very good game. The Jedi game is also easier to track down than Empire, which was kit only and is in higher demand these days.

Working and in nice shape I'd expect it to go for upwards of $500-600, but you never know. If a couple of Star Wars fanatics are interested in it, it could go for a lot more.

And if you could shoot the Ewoks on the Speeder Bike stage, I'd bet it would go for more than $1K.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the info. There's a guy I know selling one in great condition. I just want to know if I'm getting ripped off or not, depending on his asking price. I'll see what he says...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

A few hundred? Wow, I found have guessed it would go for more than that just based on the brand name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I've seen, it seems like the going rate is about $500-$600. I sold one in pretty nice shape to a guy on ebay for $625 last year, but I was really expecting ~$500 (I sold it in the fall which is usually higher than during the summer).

It's definately the least desired of the 3 old SW games, but I've seen the yokes alone almost hit $500 :P .

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stonic
    You'd think (least I did when I bought one), but they aren't in high demand, either because they're easy to find, or the game isn't that fun (not compared to the vector ones). I think I only got about $300 for mine (on Ebay). It took a while to sell and I know I didn't make much on it. There was one for sale in RGVAM not long ago that was first listed in Feb 2005 for $550 (link) and was down to $400 by the end of Sept (link) So maybe they're worth $400 now that all the new movies are out (?) but I wouldn't spend much more than that, unless you really like the game.
    That one had REPRO side art and needed a cap kit though.

Thanks for the info guys!