Thread: Getting Tired Of Missing These..

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Getting Tired Of Missing These..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3617

NOOO !!!!! GOOD LORD NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TWENTY DOLLARS?!?!?!?
    >.< >.< >.< >.<
    >.< >.< >.< >.<
    >.< >.< >.< >.<
    >.< >.< >.< >.<

Only listed for one and a half hour, not enough time for any search to pick it up or for the favorite search to send you an email on this one.

Maybe we should look for a few closed auctions that ended over $100 and email the seller? >) Evil, yes but the seller would be the one feeling dumb for letting a gold mine go cheap.
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel sick...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyImpmon
    TWENTY DOLLARS?!?!?!?
    >.< >.< >.< >.<
    >.< >.< >.< >.<
    >.< >.< >.< >.<
    >.< >.< >.< >.<

Only listed for one and a half hour, not enough time for any search to pick it up or for the favorite search to send you an email on this one.

Maybe we should look for a few closed auctions that ended over $100 and email the seller? >) Evil, yes but the seller would be the one feeling dumb for letting a gold mine go cheap.
    Yeah lets go and ruin that good BIN for that guy. Maybe the seller will call off the auction and put a BIN of 125.00 and some noob will buy it and further increase the price for toploaders on ebay

You know I have had a couple of good BINs ruined for me by people emailing the sellerafter the auction, as a matter of fact im involved in one right now where the guy has admitted hes been offered way more than the BIN and he now wants double his stated shipping and is doing his best to piss me off in effort to avoid closing the deal.

So for people that do that:

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did not post this so that someone will go and ruin it for the buyer.
    I'm happy for him , I'm just pissed I missed it that's all.
    Please don't e-mail the seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Something smells fishy here...

how can the seller sell the system for the same price he's asking now for a controller!?!

Either this is a setup, a way for him to attrack other people to see what he has for sale, or the person got real lucky by searching what the seller has for sale by looking at his other items.

Sure the engine doesn't show stuff for 2 hours, but the "other items by this seller" field is updated in real time! But good like finding a bargin looking up millions of users!

LK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldn't ruin the buyers bid just because of jealousy That is just wrong. Yes, I would love to score one of these, but someone got to it before us. More power to him. The only things I cannot stand is when someone scours ebay for these deals, then you see the same thing re-listed a week later (after he gets it in the mail) for like $150 BIN. Watch the high bidder and see if this happens.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the prices for Top Loaders are outrageous. Seriously, they are not rare by any strech of the imagination... they're just 'rare' compaired to the original NES model. Realisticly speaking, I see more top-loaders in the wild then I do... say... Turbo Graphx and they ain't fetching top dollar. I mean, the Top Loader is only slightly less seen then the SMS from my perspective.

@mother: Report that cocksucker to ebay and just don't fucking buy the item. I'm so fucking sick of this type of bullshit on Ebay, this is exactly why I quit using it for three years in the first place. Just ask yourself if you want to line the pockets of someone who is, for better or worse, morally bankrupt. And anyone who contributes to this kind of conduct by e-mailing someone AFTER an auction is over needs to get a fucking life already. Someone was lucky and you weren't, so you're going to fuck around with the lucky person? Get over it already. You're a fucking adult.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think top loaders are very populous......its just a matter of finding one.......and sometimes it takes longer to find one than it takes to get one on ebay for $100. the easiest way to find these is to just scale the latest postings at about 10-12 pm say any timezone in the US......ya you hate those ppl but i'd rather be one of those people than get stuck with no deals ever and be mad at those people. i cant say i honestly find that many deals because somebody has got this down to an art, if that were me i would have jumped on it, much like i jumped on mine for $130 with almost 30 games......be an ebay wolf whatever chance you get.....its not even like being one of them......its ripping them off for something you really want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldn't count the Top Loader as to rare an item.. I ran across two of them last year, one for only $10.00. IMHO a nice INTV or Colecovision console is rarer.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raedon
    I wouldn't count the Top Loader as to rare an item.. I ran across two of them last year, one for only $10.00. IMHO a nice INTV or Colecovision console is rarer.
    You may be right, but the market demand for top loaders is driving the price up like crazy! I honestly don't see the need to have one since everyone pretty much knows how to get the older (toaster style) NES working fine. Finding a colecovision in the wild is considerably more difficult (at least for me) than finding a top loader. $20 bucks for a top loader is a steal, I would definitely buy it. I think we should start a thread with everyone's best ebay auction win?? How about it?

Danny

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they already did the best auction winning thread, its a sticky......check it out

but as far as the older NES goes.....even with a new connector and making the older NES work like new......it will still never compare to my toploader. since i've got mine it feels like a rebirth of NES for me. dirty games you only have to tinker with maybe once at the most and clean ones just pop right up. the older style NES also takes longer to boot......believe it or not......when you press the power button it takes a few seconds and on the top loader as soon as you flip the switch you're right at the screen. it seems a little weird...but thats how it is. i dont consider them rare, you can easily find one for a lesser price. hopefully i get my second top loader here soon.....like today......but they're not rare.......just a need to have item. the old style NES is.......tormenting i should say......

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nesuser2: The reason it takes longer for a toaster to load is because it has the copy protection chip, while the top loader does not.

But any system I fix (and most time resell) I do the following:

- new connector
    - mod the system by disabling the protection chip

Result:
    - all games work
    - all games start instantly like a toaster
    - video quality is BETTER on the toaster (Since I only use RCA and never RF)
    - All my toasters act like toploaders.. you don't need to push the cart down to have it work!

LK

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last year, I bought a Top Loader from my buddy for 10 bucks..and later (about a month) sold it to Gamestop to get a game...I didn't realize what I had at the time... >.<
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ouch.. that hurts..

btway.. here's how to mod your toaster:

http://www.nesworld.com/unines2.htm

LK

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks LK.....i will look further into it because these things really drive me crazy......all my idiot friends have these things......