Before I collected video games, I was an active collector of classic computers. A number of years ago, even before I started my computer collection, I did one of the stupidest things I've ever done (which still annoys me to this day )

In high school, I worked at a strange store that was a combination of a video rental store and telephone sales and repair shop. The shop had a back room which served as the repair area, but also contained a ton of junk. One day, my boss asked me to help throw some of this stuff away. One of the items was a computer -- a very strange combined computer/monitor unit with a couple external hard drives. It turned on but didn't seem to power up fully. At the time, I wasn't collecting computers and had no need for it, nor did I know what it was (except that it looked a little like a Mac), so I went ahead and threw it away.

What was it? I didn't find out until after I started collecting computers a few years later that I had thrown away a complete Apple Lisa and a pair of ProFile external drives ! To this day I still regret doing that -- that Lisa would have made a great addition to my collection.