Thread: Single worst NES game (thread decided 7/18 so vote now)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Single worst NES game (thread decided 7/18 so vote now)

I did a search on this and couldn’t find anything (although I was not willing to look throught the 9000 some odd threads when I did a search for "worst" or "Worst NES game") so here it goes.

Single worst game, series 1, the NES.

What is the single worst NES game ever made. To make it more interesting, make only one choice, this will make you have to think more about it and come up with a clear answer. Please make your choice in bold so it's easier to find. After one week we will decide on the worst game for the system via another thread and poll.

My vote

TMNT 1

After watching the posted video in another thread it has become quite clear that this game is not only hard as hell, it is also frustrating as hell. It’s nothing like classics like TMNT the arcade game or TMNT IV on the SNES. It’s just frustrating overly hard with no point. The sad part is that back in the day, I had really high hopes for this title unlike some of the other obscure NES games that suck. TMNT was HUGE at the time and it deserved a better title.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It wasn't a good title, but worst?

I haven't played a whole lotta NES titles so I cannot vote properly. But yeah, I did catch your story on TMNT being chucked out the window shortly following your marriage. I can picture that in my head. '88 eh? Man if only we had a time machine and could go back in time to watch you chuck the cartridge in slow motion. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved TMNT on the NES.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Single worst NES game (thread decided 7/18 so vote now)

I always find it difficult to chose one game for a thread like this, but this time im gonna go for Raid 2020 from Color Dreams. I know the game is unlicensed and most of them sux, but Raid 2020 got bad gfx, bad controller, very boring, probly bad sound too, dont remember.

When you press up you walk diagonal, not straight up. You also need to jump from platform to platform in the 1st mission. This is very hard because of the bad controllers. If you miss the jump you die.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse
    TMNT 1

After watching the posted video in another thread it has become quite clear that this game is not only hard as hell, it is also frustrating as hell.
    Do you mean the angry NES nerd? That movie was so bullshit :P Like when he say "how da fuck you get up there?" and he just climed up and died. After he died he selected Donatelo and made it easy. I asked myself "why da fuck didnt he just press select and choose Donatelo at once, why did he die first?". This guy is a really noob at Turtles :P I assume the movie is put on the edge tho, atleast i really hope so.

Its a matter of taste and skills of course, but i think Turtles is one of the best NES games. It was the first game we bought seperatly (smb/dh included with the action set). I did beat it when i was like 10 years old. Today i can get to level 5 or 6 without using a contunie. I think only the last levels are the hardest, others are fairly easy.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

tmnt was a great game on the nes, proabably not for a drunk computer nerd (see video) I enjoyed the challenge it gave me (took me months to beat it) many of the "unknown" monsters were based off the comic book, also the game wasn't targeted at kids, the game was released before the kiddie cartoon was released and was more targeted towards the somewhat more adult comic book (as adult as comic books can go anyways)

but enough thread crapping ;-)

at this point I herby nominate X-men as the worst nes game ever, really none of the other games can hold a candle to how absolutely unfun and unplayable this game was, I can't say taboo was the worst only because its not a game, it'd be like pissing on the pocket organizer for gb.

but yeah my vote is for x-men

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Bart vs. the Space Mutants"

Someone took a dump in a cartridge, slapped "The Simpsons" name on it and sold it to the masses.

Terrible premise, horrible control, horrible control, and did i mention horrible control?

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

At the top of the "Classic Discussions" forum there is a post categorized with every "best" / "worst" / "favorite" , etc. post. We have done this before, and several have made the list, I would continue the classic discussion on the worst NES games here:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1867

Locked.

-GAC-
    #vbender