Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Request: Scan of Gunstar Heroes review on GF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Request: Scan of Gunstar Heroes review on GF

I will give all my meseta for a scan of the page where Gunstar Heroes was reviewed in Gamefan.

I had that issue and a friend lost it. I`d love to see that review again

Can anyone help ?

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

based on your meseta dropping significantly since I last saw this topic I am thinking it's already been done but for the masses here it is regardless. Sorry it's not the best quality in the world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for your help Steven.

800 meseta is all I have, but its yours already

thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was also an entire writeup on the game that spanned a few pages wasn't there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE146
    There was also an entire writeup on the game that spanned a few pages wasn't there?
    YEah I think so

I`d love to see those pages too...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone willing to scan some early Gamefan issues for me?

I can give/split all the mesetas I have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd have scanned it for you since I had practically every single Gamefan (except the initial newsletters, etc.).. but I lost almost all of them to water damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE146
    I'd have scanned it for you since I had practically every single Gamefan (except the initial newsletters, etc.).. but I lost almost all of them to water damage
    Thats a shame

I know youre pretty familiar with newsgroups and stuff...do you know where I could find full or partial scanned issues of Gamefan?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've got nearly every issue of GF except the first couple and I think one more from 98 or 99...I also have a scanner so let me know what you guys want scanned.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll start with the Gunstar Heroes writeup...but I'm not going to scan WHOLE issues of GF...lol. Just select reviews or covers or whatnot. Just let me know in this thread. But don't barage me please.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    I've got nearly every issue of GF except the first couple and I think one more from 98 or 99...I also have a scanner so let me know what you guys want scanned.
    Well, my request is two-fold. Unfortunately, it first deals with the very early issues of Gamefan (1992-1993) that I never ever saw in stores. I'm interested in previews and reviews of Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2 and Genesis Cool Spot. Those three games are the priority, but I wouldn't object to something about Global Gladiators, Bubsy (Genny/SNES) , Flashback (Genesis) and the Tiny Toons games (Genesis/SNES) as a consellation price.

However, my second request should be easier to fulfill. All I want is samples of most of the drawings/avatars about the staff (Klee, Takuhi, E Storm, Nick Rox, etc). Especially those done when Terry Wolfinger was the main artist (the first few years of Gamefan). Some samples of the comics themselves would be nice, but I'm not interested in stories and all, I just want to see how the comics were generally constructed (frames, speech bubbles, fonts, coloring and inking). A handful of samples of different comics should be more than enough.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok since I suck at the internet and can't figure out how to post images here...I posted them at Atari Age where I know how to "attach images." Just follow the link.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index...howtopic=91088

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Avenger
    Well, my request is two-fold. Unfortunately, it first deals with the very early issues of Gamefan (1992-1993) that I never ever saw in stores. I'm interested in previews and reviews of Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2 and Genesis Cool Spot. Those three games are the priority, but I wouldn't object to something about Global Gladiators, Bubsy (Genny/SNES) , Flashback (Genesis) and the Tiny Toons games (Genesis/SNES) as a consellation price.

However, my second request should be easier to fulfill. All I want is samples of most of the drawings/avatars about the staff (Klee, Takuhi, E Storm, Nick Rox, etc). Especially those done when Terry Wolfinger was the main artist (the first few years of Gamefan). Some samples of the comics themselves would be nice, but I'm not interested in stories and all, I just want to see how the comics were generally constructed (frames, speech bubbles, fonts, coloring and inking). A handful samples of different comics should be more than enough.

Well the first issue of GF I have is the 3rd one so there should be some of the stuff you are intersted in that. I'll do what I can with the other stuff as well. I wish these forums had a more straightforward way of attaching images though....I don't know how to post pictures here. Can you help me with that? lol

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

*double-post*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Avenger

However, my second request should be easier to fulfill. All I want is samples of most of the drawings/avatars about the staff (Klee, Takuhi, E Storm, Nick Rox, etc). Especially those done when Terry Wolfinger was the main artist (the first few years of Gamefan). Some samples of the comics themselves would be nice, but I'm not interested in stories and all, I just want to see how the comics were generally constructed (frames, speech bubbles, fonts, coloring and inking). A handful samples of different comics should be more than enough.

Well the first issue of GF I have is the 3rd one so there should be some of the stuff you are intersted in that. I'll do what I can with the other stuff as well. I wish these forums had a more straightforward way of attaching images though....I don't know how to post pictures here. Can you help me with that? lol
    Ok, since I don't know how able you are with computers and the Internet, I'm going to go step by step, just to be on the safe side.

To post pictures, you need to host them first. A host is a virtual place where the pic is stored (and can be accessed by a simple link).

Some forums offer the possibility to upload pictures to be viewed in posts but this is not one of them so you need an external host. Fortunately, there are options there too.

The simplest way is just to use a free host like www.imageshack.us

Please note that Imageshack has a file limit of 1,5 MB per image so it is important to keep the pics smaller than 1,5 MB when you scan them. When you scan the pictures with your scanner, there are several ways to keep images small. Scanning at 75% (with no more than 100 DPI) is more than enough. Scanning in color goes without saying (it's Gamefan, a very colorful magazine!). Once it comes to saving the picture to your computer, use the JPEG/JPG format to make them smaller (TIFF and BMP create huge files). JPEG is an universal way of compressing files. Most pics you see online are in JPEG (or in GIF) because they load quickly.

You go to imageshack, you're treated right away with a page asking you the location of the picture you want to upload from your computer. Hopefully, you've paid attention to wherever in your computer you saved the pictures.

Once you click the host it! button, you have to wait a little while (depending on how big the pic is) and then presto! Your first image is hosted! Imageshack will offer you many links, but just copy the direct link in the bottom. There's a way to upload a bunch of picture at a time, but that requires registering which makes it initially more complicated so it's better to stick to one upload at a time for now.

Now with the link(s), you only have to paste it (them) here, in a reply. The thing is that you don't actually need to have the picture visible, all that matters is the link since the image is only one click of a mouse away.

You could post the pictures and make them visible by simply clicking on the IMG button (when you write a reply) and input the link inbetween the IMG tags ( [img] picture link here [/img] ), but the thing is that since my request demands for multiple images, then it would make this topic heavy with pictures that load slowly so the links are enough. For this topic and for my request, it will just make everyone's life easier if you just post the links. But of course, in the future, for whichever other topic, you can post all the pictures you want.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool thanks for the lowdown. I knew most of that except I didn't know much about image hosting. Too bad this site doesn't let you add attachments for pictures like most sites do. I might do some more tonight when I get back from the A's game.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well their max allowable dl size is 1024 kb....which is very small for a scan...Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I'll mess with it some more later...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well their max allowable dl size is 1024 kb....which is very small for a scan...Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I'll mess with it some more later...
    Thanks a lot for those 2 scans

I will send 1500 meseta to you, to show you my appreciation.

p.s. would it be too much to ask for a scan of the complete page where it was reviewed and got the 99% scores??

Thanks!!!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by suppafly
    Thanks a lot for those 2 scans

I will send 1500 meseta to you, to show you my appreciation.

p.s. would it be too much to ask for a scan of the complete page where it was reviewed and got the 99% scores??

Thanks!!!
    Sure I could do that...too later tonight though. Tomorrow after work I'll scan up some stuff.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Sorry to kinda take this off topic, but for god's sake, DON'T USE IMAGESHACK. That damn thing gives you very limited bandwidth to work with, and eventually all your images will become, as we call it at a community I go to, "Yellowfrogged!".

Photobucket's better. It gives you like ten gigs a month of bandwidth, for free, and works the same way.

Now, about those Gamefan issues... I could've sworn that someone was working on scanning those, just like the recently-done Nintendo Power scanning project... Heck, I remember seeing issue #1 somewhere recently. Hrm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic