Thread: 113 PC game lot (mine) up on evilBay..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 113 PC game lot (mine) up on evilBay..

HERE

I decided to keep a couple dozen of them; and put the rest up on eBay to sell in one fell swoop. Auction ends Tuesday (Aug 8th). Wish me luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice auction but this line in the description made me cry

The only things missing are the "big boxes" (long since disposed of)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I feel your pain. Those things... ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Nice auction but this line in the description made me cry

The only things missing are the "big boxes" (long since disposed of)
    Yeah.. you know what? I'm still kicking myself over that.. but there's kind of a story..

Back in the late 90's when I was all hot on PC games (My local Software Etc. manager used to get a big grin on his face the minute I walked through the door) I DID keep all those things. Truth be told.. these games represent about a third of what I had at the time.. the bulk of games being dwindled away as I needed cash now and then over the years.

Anyways.. 500 or so "big boxes" took up a lot of room.. so I actually had to rent a storage space to put them in (one of those 1/2 car sized ones). I paid $39 a month for it and my video game collection wasn't NEAR as big as it is now.. so I stored them there as well. After about two years of diligently paying forty dollars a month to fill a room with "empty boxes", I got sick of it one day and disposed of them.. right there on the site.. before I vacated the unit and gave it up. Filled two dumpsters with them.

Hindsight is 20/20. Who would of thought that someday these old PC games would start to fetch "collector" prices (at least some of them)? I sure didn't. Having said that.. I DID keep a couple big garbage bags of boxes for some "unique" games I thought I would want to keep. I still have them and the other night I went through them to see what matched what I had up for sale. I only found three. Most of the ones I kept are all for my "Mech" collection (Which I'm keeping. I reinstalled them all on my PC last weekend and I'm having a lot of fun with them.) and a few are for some HTF titles I'm still fond of and keeping (Chaos Overlords, Emperor of the Fading Suns, Terra Nova.. etc. I WISH I had of kept the "Gazillionaire" box.. damn).

I'm the kind of person that TRIES to keep stuff forever.. but I have my breaking point. I used to keep all my old "classic" PCs and parts as well. I had boxes of Soundblaster cards, RAM & 3DFx/Matrox/ATI cards. One night.. in a "huff" I threw them all away in a dumpster too. I live in a mobile home and there's not a lot of storage space around here. When I start tripping over stuff in my own bedroom.. that usually does it. I don't think old PC parts will ever be in demand.. but who knows?..

If I only knew what I know now.. .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

24 hours left.. and a bump!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's a fantastic lot of games, I'm sorry they're not worth more money to someone...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye
    That's a fantastic lot of games, I'm sorry they're not worth more money to someone...
    Yeah.. no biggie anyway. The first two offers I got were for $100 and $85 respectively. I VERY politely declined them. then on early Tuesday morning a guy offered $230 and I also declined. I was only trying to sell them to raise some bill paying money while I was on a short "involuntary vacation". But I've been called back to work while this auction was goin on.. so now it's moot.

I really and truly did pay a small fortune for all these games. $335 would have been a TENTH of what I bought them for. So I'm very happy I still get to keep them. Besides.. I took about a dozen out of the lot and posted them up individually at high prices; and now my guess is when it's all said, done & over.. I'll probably make close to that much on the dozen alone. Some buyers don't know a bargain if you hit them in the face with it.

I wasn't about to let these games go for what would have essentially been 39 cents a piece.. that was insulting.. but I kept my cool. Some people have a lot of nerve.. I would have rather taken them out back and burned them.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think you would have been better off had the description been shorter. The introduction is long-winded, and I think eBayers don't like reading (or phonics, or anything resembling intelligence, for the most part). Nice games, though. Glad it worked out in the end.