Thread: .Hack Fans! You can get free stuff from "The Altimit Co

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default .Hack Fans! You can get free stuff from "The Altimit Co

I had intended on posting this earlier, but the board was down, and someone already beat me to the Konami All Stars

You can get free .Hack games and stuff here! Just click the banner below, and you can start earning points towards stuff - including .hack//GU Volume 1 when it is released!

Click to join Altimit!

Seems like this is run by the same people running the Konami All Stars too - I wonder if there are going to be more?

Join the Konami All Stars and get FREE stuff!

Visit the Prototype Archive - System Failure - A really old backup.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Sure looks like the same people are running them (hell everything was exactly the same when joining both).

I joined through you Blackjax. I think that this would be one of a very tiny few that i'd do this for.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My gawd.. whatever companies are pulling this stuff (I doubt if it's Konami or the game companies themselves directly).. I hope it doesn't become TOO prevalent.

The boards will be FULL of this kind of thing and banners in sigs will be everywhere. Tell me.. how is this kind of thing (especially with the "sponsored" links).. any different than "Help me win an iPod" disguised as "YOU can get a free iPod"?

The fact that we're talking about games (and their schwag.. mostly) doesn't make it anymore different than the "vote for us" before you can download type sites back in my w*rez and ROM days. (LONG since over.)

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just use Firefox and Adblock to remove offensive images from my sight. Good shit.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I'm not joining this one because I couldn't care less about .Hack but by joining I mean participating. I'll sign up and give you some points. As for this types of boards being a new fad. Hell bring it on. Now they just need to do a series I actually play, kinda miffed I heard about the Dragon Warrior one so late in the game consider that IS one of my favorites.

Threads like this may be blatent advertising, heh as well as our sig. Although I like mine because I made it. So it's not just spam, it's showing off something I made as well. But anyway threads like this... if it weren't for them well we wouldn't know about the promotion. And I don't know about you but I like free stuff and unlike the iPod giveaways these work. In the Komani one I already have the points to cash out either for a strategy guide or artbook.

And they're fun. The messageboards are fun, and the contests are fun. If a game company essentially wants to pay you to entertain you freaking let 'em. Little fanservice here and there never hurts.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Be more intrested in the Dragon Quest one myself. Anyone remember Darkwatch's site and prizes a year ago?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    Be more intrested in the Dragon Quest one myself. Anyone remember Darkwatch's site and prizes a year ago?
    yup that one was pretty cool, I never really got into the game but it still was a pretty cool way to advertise the game,

I believe there also was a Splinter Cell Chaos Theory site as well like this.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars