Thread: FS Amazing Spider-Man #2 (1963)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS Amazing Spider-Man #2 (1963)

Yes, I know that this is a game board, but I know that there are comic book collectors here, so I have an Amazing Spider-Man #2, the first appearance of the Vulture up for sale and I wanted to give my buddies at the gaming sites first crack at it before it goes to Evil Bay. This book is in excellent shape, I would grade it in VF/F condition. It has NOT been restored in any way as I think it is Horse Shit that people destroy these comics this way. I will give pics to those that are interrested. If you want to make an offer, please send a PM. I would take trades, but I need the money right now for bills. Please make realistic offers guys as an offer of $50.00 would be insulting, believe it or not, I have gotten serious offers like this for comics in the past like the NM Giant Size X-Men #1 I sold which was CGC 9.8!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt anyone here is gonna front for a VF ASM #2. Plus, without a BUNCH of pictures, I'd have to super-lowball on a book like that. And CGC? What a joke. The fact that you've mentioned selling CGC graded comics means that you're not a real comics guy anyway...I don't know ANY serious collectors that take CGC gradings seriously. No offense man, but that's well beyond questionable.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords
    I doubt anyone here is gonna front for a VF ASM #2. Plus, without a BUNCH of pictures, I'd have to super-lowball on a book like that. And CGC? What a joke. The fact that you've mentioned selling CGC graded comics means that you're not a real comics guy anyway...I don't know ANY serious collectors that take CGC gradings seriously. No offense man, but that's well beyond questionable.
    Actually dude, I only used the CGC one time, just to see what the big deal was and yeah, I too thought that they were shit. I am not a big comic book guy anymore as I really hate the new stuff that releases, other than Batman and "The Walking Dead, although I have been collecting my whole life, so I guess that you could say that actually, yeah, I am a pretty big comic book guy, I may not have the hugest collection, but four long boxes and three small ones isn't a small collection as well. As I said, if anyone was interrested, I would post pictures, so, are you interrested or did you just pop on here to try and insult my intelligence? I don't mean to sound like an ass, but you did come off as a little froggy dude, and please don't try to come off as you know jack about me because you don't!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well...new poster + multi-hundred dollar item usually means quite suspicious. Just looking out for those who don't know.

As for comics....if you had any cheap Walking Dead backissues, I'm looking for a few myself You should try Stracynzki (sp?) Spider-Man. Those are damned good. There's a handful of others out there that are good too. I agree though...not many at all...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well...new poster + multi-hundred dollar item usually means quite suspicious. Just looking out for those who don't know.

As for comics....if you had any cheap Walking Dead backissues, I'm looking for a few myself You should try Stracynzki (sp?) Spider-Man. Those are damned good. There's a handful of others out there that are good too. I agree though...not many at all...
    Nope, I understand what you are saying, and I am a huge Strazynski (SP?) fan, at least in the Babylon 5 realm of things. I should have put this forward, I will be picking the comic book up from my safety deposite box this Friday, so pics will be available at that time. If you are interrewsted in seeing it, please let me know, especially if you would like to help me appraise the condition as I am sure that it is VF/F, as condition can be open to interpretation. As for cheap Walking Dead back issues? I wish that I could help you out brother, but I actually wait for the TPB editions, and I have fallen behind on those as well, which really sucks ass. I need #3 and #4! Either way, this ain't a hoax and I usually would never sell my comics and it hurts to do so, but the real world is a calling and I need to get a couple of suprise bills paid and work done on the car!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's cool...just wanted to be sure Anyone looking for high end silver age books will grade them VERY harshly so if there are any flaws at all, be sure to grade low! I'd be happy to try and help you grade it, but I'd need to see some pretty good pics and it's still not as good as seeing it on person. As for WD, I've only got a few issues myself...2, 7-11, and 19+. I've been lucky to find that many

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's cool...just wanted to be sure Anyone looking for high end silver age books will grade them VERY harshly so if there are any flaws at all, be sure to grade low! I'd be happy to try and help you grade it, but I'd need to see some pretty good pics and it's still not as good as seeing it on person. As for WD, I've only got a few issues myself...2, 7-11, and 19+. I've been lucky to find that many
    Yeah, I see these going for outrageous prices on ebay here recently. Pisses me off truthfully. I do like them though, the best book Image has printed since Savage Dragon and The Maxx if you ask me!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Guys? It's Straczynski. Yes, it's an annoying name. But at least it's not like Millar and Miller... :P

Anyway, free bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think even J. Michael Stracyznski can spell his own name....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think even J. Michael Stracyznski can spell his own name....
    You just might have something there bro'. I was happy to hear that they are continuing Babylon 5 though, doing the "Untold Stories" now, so this should be pretty damn cool. Will be nice to see the series make a comeback of some kind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bump again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bumped for the second to the last time!