Thread: Is there a magazine that is strictly Xbox 360?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is there a magazine that is strictly Xbox 360?

Just curious to see. I don't remember there being a magazine for original Xbox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Default Re: Is there a magazine that is strictly Xbox 360?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpetrosky
    Just curious to see. I don't remember there being a magazine for original Xbox.
    Huh? Either you're not from the US or you've never been to any decent bookstore. Official Xbox Magazine was in place since the system's launch (as far as I remember) and it's making the transition from Xbox to the 360 just like the Official Playstation Magazine eventually shifted to Playstation 2.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OXM "will" be 360 only by next February, if not sooner.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't know lol I haven't really read a gaming magazine since I was younger with Nintendo Power. I just read gaming news online. I never seen the official Xbox magazine before. Maybe they don't sell it where I live?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't want to start a new thread so I'll just post it here, why is it that Nintendo doesn't really have any other magazines dedicated to it other then Nintendo Power? I mean Official PlayStation magazine is run by Ziff Media, why don't they have a Nintendo one as well? Considering how attrocious Nintendo Power was near the end of the Nintendo 64's life-span (no coverage to Conker's.. wow) I was really suprised someone didn't swoop it and take the Nintendo spot light.

I know Europe has a few, why not the US?
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd agree that OXM is pretty much only for the 360 owner now, at least in the printed content. There's very little pertaining to the original Xbox any more. Last month's demo disc was 360-only, this month they switched back to dual format.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbiersdorf
    I don't want to start a new thread so I'll just post it here, why is it that Nintendo doesn't really have any other magazines dedicated to it other then Nintendo Power? I mean Official PlayStation magazine is run by Ziff Media, why don't they have a Nintendo one as well? Considering how attrocious Nintendo Power was near the end of the Nintendo 64's life-span (no coverage to Conker's.. wow) I was really suprised someone didn't swoop it and take the Nintendo spot light.

Probably because in the US another Nintendo mag (or any other specific mag for that matter) probably wouldn't be profitable.

Since the NES days I can't recall more than one regularly run magazine (not including publications like Game Player's Guide to Nintendo games and such) that was dedicated a system. I recall some attempts like the all Sega "Mega Play" (or whatever EGM was going to release) while Sega was pumping out their "Sega Visions" mag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

There was at least one during the N64 days, but I believe it only lasted an issue at most. I forget what it was called, but I have it around here somewhere. It was published by the same folks that put out PSM and I believe the first issue had a token hot chick and Diddy Kong Racing on the cover. The only thing I remember about it in the coverage was talk of an RC car that would use the Game Boy Camera (again, gives you sort of a timeframe) so you could see where it was going on the GB screen when it strayed from sight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrJustinRamone

There was at least one during the N64 days, but I believe it only lasted an issue at most. I forget what it was called, but I have it around here somewhere. It was published by the same folks that put out PSM and I believe the first issue had a token hot chick and Diddy Kong Racing on the cover. The only thing I remember about it in the coverage was talk of an RC car that would use the Game Boy Camera (again, gives you sort of a timeframe) so you could see where it was going on the GB screen when it strayed from sight.
    Can't recall that mag for the N64 but you did set off a memory alarm bell in my head. IGN released, albeit for a short time, an N64 magazine titled....IGN64: The Magazine.

http://ign64.ign.com/articles/065/065124p1.html