Thread: Thinking about buying have a ???

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thinking about buying have a ???

I have a chance to buy a puck-man( not pac-man) cocktail for $125. The owner states it works but has no sound. It has many scratches on the plexi and part of the coin mech is said to be missing. I saw a picture of the screen and it looks pretty good, but who knows until I see it in person. My question is it a good price and is sound a hard fix. I have no ability as far as that stuff goes, but if it sound like loose wire or something I would give it a shot. Any advice would be great. Thanks!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that's an excellent price considering that you can change the board to a pac-man IMO

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Thinking about buying have a ???

Quote Originally Posted by Masco73
    I have a chance to buy a puck-man( not pac-man) cocktail for $125. The owner states it works but has no sound. It has many scratches on the plexi and part of the coin mech is said to be missing. I saw a picture of the screen and it looks pretty good, but who knows until I see it in person. My question is it a good price and is sound a hard fix. I have no ability as far as that stuff goes, but if it sound like loose wire or something I would give it a shot. Any advice would be great. Thanks!!
    Great price, definitely buy it. Plexi - the table top should be glass, either way replacing it is cake. Coin mech - you don't need one unless you're planning to put it on location somewhere to earn money. Sound - might be an easy fix, might not. You won't know until you can get in there and check it out. Still a very good buy.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My experience is that any stand up that powers up is worth at least $100 and any cocktail that powers up is worth two. $125 for a working cocktail, regardless of the game, is a good deal. Like others have said, you could convert it easily to a Pac or anything else for that matter.

If the wire that goes to the speaker fell off, it will be easy to fix. If the chips on the PCB fried, well, it'll be a little tougher. Like AA said, you never know until you open it up. I bought a game once for cheap because the control panel wasn't working -- it turned out to be one ground wire. You never know.