The story

A while back I went halvsies on a Ring King cab. Game worked great. Got it to my buddy's place and worked great. Tried to get the sucker upstairs (buddy is like "Don't worry....it'll fit") and had to bring it down. Left the game on ground floor in a closet.

After that the game started flaking out. Every once in a while the screen would flicker. Not often but enough to make you go "WTF?!"

Later my buddy decides we should try and get the machine downstairs ("Should fit...."). The path to the steps is awkward like a slight zig zag from the door. To get the machine on the steps you'd have to dead lift the cab from OVER YOUR HEAD to maybe get it on the stairs if it actually fit. Moved it back to the closet on ground floor.

After that last move the screen seemed as though the horizontal was shot. Watching the screen it appeared there was also some scrambling of the image itself. I popped the back off and looked at the boards. There was only one "tab" holding the boards onto the cabinet so we were banging them around when it was moved.

It sounds like the game is working-all sound effects and such function but the video is garbled. Is it possible the display board was damaged and is it usually difficult to fix this?